• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

RC

Banned
All you see is new owners. Because apparently you have not googled their names. Their intention is to keep it in Phoenix.

Sucks. I hope they lose every penny they have.

No need to hope. They'll eventually lose every penny they have, and we can go through the same song and dance in another few seasons. Only for the team to stay in Phoneix again.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
All you see is new owners. Because apparently you have not googled their names. Their intention is to keep it in Phoenix.

Sucks. I hope they lose every penny they have.

Yeah I didn't google, that's why I asked.
Damnit :(

Socreges

Banned
It still depends on them getting a favorable arena deal with Glendale, does it not?
Yeah, never mind. I forgot they'd still need to have Glendale subsidize the costs, and Glendale almost certainly wouldn't do that.

True?

It'd be interesting if this was all smoke and mirrors with the NHL and this group wanting to create the appearance that the intention is to stay in Phoenix, secretly knowing that's impossible and planning for Glendale to not cooperate and legitimize the move to Quebec City.

Samyy

wat? I don't wander into gaming-side for good reason.

Apparently if too many people are watching a movie, it will not play unless your under the # of people that can watch as per some license? Im still reading it.

If someone could explain it to me better because Im not sure if im interpreting this right or its that ridiculous

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Apparently if too many people are watching a movie, it will not play unless your under the # of people that can watch as per some license? Im still reading it.

If someone could explain it to me better because Im not sure if im interpreting this right or its that ridiculous

Wat? that makes no sense, because you could just leave the room. I don't believe any of these post-announcement rumours until they're confirmed by MS (or another reliable source), there's way too much speculation and rumours happening right now.

Samyy

Wat? that makes no sense, because you could just leave the room. I don't believe any of these post-announcement rumours until they're confirmed by MS (or another reliable source), there's way too much speculation and rumours happening right now.

Yea after reading a bit more of it they would be insane to do this, "industry source" sounds iffy

1888787g60.gif

Sup

Marvie_3

Banned
Andi Petrillo ‏@andipHNIC 24m
Rumour is the NHL will announce new PHO owner on Tues. CDN George Gosbee and Anthony Leblanc of Renaissance Sports & Ent., front runners
I've lost count of how many times the Coyotes have been sold now.

Yeah, never mind. I forgot they'd still need to have Glendale subsidize the costs, and Glendale almost certainly wouldn't do that.

True?
Glendale has said they'd go up to ~$6 million towards an arena manager. They aren't going to be paying $15M+ like previous "potential owners" have been asking them to do.

It'd be interesting if this was all smoke and mirrors with the NHL and this group wanting to create the appearance that the intention is to stay in Phoenix, secretly knowing that's impossible and planning for Glendale to not cooperate and legitimize the move to Quebec City.
A few people have been predicting this for awhile.

Also, in the few days, the current arena in QC has be set for upgrades this summer to make it NHL worthy by October, plus Quebecor just purchased a sporting event management company.

calder

A few people have been predicting this for awhile.

Also, in the few days, the current arena in QC has be set for upgrades this summer to make it NHL worthy by October, plus Quebecor just purchased a sporting event management company.

It's just about the only thing that makes sense to me with owners like this - they buy in to the Coyotes hoping to get a beyond sweetheart deal from Glendale, one of those 'you're incapable of not making money' deals where all risk is subsidized by local gov't. If you can't get the city to bend over for you, you spend another year as a lame duck franchise (with losses covered by existing deals perhaps) and that gives your plan B in Quebec an extra year to get their temporary arena in order until a new taxpayer funded one is built.

Marvie_3

Banned
It's just about the only thing that makes sense to me with owners like this - they buy in to the Coyotes hoping to get a beyond sweetheart deal from Glendale, one of those 'you're incapable of not making money' deals where all risk is subsidized by local gov't. If you can't get the city to bend over for you, you spend another year as a lame duck franchise (with losses covered by existing deals perhaps) and that gives your plan B in Quebec an extra year to get their temporary arena in order until a new taxpayer funded one is built.

There are no existing deals right now. I can't imagine owners wanting to keep throwing money away on a team in Phoenix.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Reebok list new jersey changes for the Habs 2013-2014 season, but I can't believe it is anything major....

calder

There are no existing deals right now. I can't imagine owners wanting to keep throwing money away on a team in Phoenix.

Hmm that does change it a lot huh. I agree no one would want to absorb 15+ million losses for a season before moving, you'd need to be able to move ASAP.

The NBA backtracking on the Sacramento move to Seattle really limits some options for potential owners of the coyotes.

calder

People should be watching Hannibal. Great show. Also Orphan Black is solid.

Yes and (probably) yes. Hannibal is excellent and the best acted show on TV this side of Mad Men/Breaking Bad. I've only seen one episode of Orphan but it seemed cool and the lead was extremely interesting. I'll definitely check that out this summer if nothing else.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yes and (probably) yes. Hannibal is excellent and the best acted show on TV this side of Mad Men/Breaking Bad. I've only seen one episode of Orphan but it seemed cool and the lead was extremely interesting. I'll definitely check that out this summer if nothing else.

The lead is from Regina, which is pretty cool. She kind of reminds me of Summer Glau, but unlike Summer she can act.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I didn't watch the game, so technically, to me, the Sens haven't been eliminated, nor have they staved off elimination, they're like Schrodinger's cat. </denial>

Welcome to paradise Senators-Gaf

Let's be honest, all the cool people are in here.....

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
my favorite part of this thread is people making their "entrance" post after their team falls.

Welcome, Sens Gaf. You guys had a great year and should hold your heads high.

calder

Lmao tonight MLB must have sent a memo to its umps telling them to show those whiny hockey fans how good they have it with their shitty refs.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_05_24_miamlb_chamlb_1&mode=video&content_id=27405123&tcid=vpp_copy_27405123

http://www.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=sea&content_id=27403447&topic_id=8877606

You might need to watch the second one closely... not only did the first baseman stretch too far so his foot wasn't on the bag when the runner got to it but.... lmao

Quick

Banned
Lmao tonight MLB must have sent a memo to its umps telling them to show those whiny hockey fans how good they have it with their shitty refs.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_05_24_miamlb_chamlb_1&mode=video&content_id=27405123&tcid=vpp_copy_27405123

You might need to watch the second one closely... not only did the first baseman stretch too far so his foot wasn't on the bag when the runner got to it but.... lmao

Oh god that's fucking terrible.

I'd understand maybe thinking his foot was still touching the bag, but he didn't even have the ball. Damn.

Montresor

Hah, that is a surprisingly appropriate use of the expression "but... lmao." I didn't understand what was wrong with the call until the very last few seconds of the video. I kept thinking:

"What's the problem? This looked close. I'm gonna need another angle and slow-motion to make a judgement call."

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
NHL has agreement with gosbee to purchase coyotes but needs issues to be worked out

Issues means they need a huge AMF

On Tuesday, if they don't get their AMF, coyotes are likely going to Quebec and it will possibly be announced later that night or next day

Razorskin

----- ------
NHL has agreement with gosbee to purchase coyotes but needs issues to be worked out

On Tuesday, if they don't get their AMF, coyotes are likely going to Quebec and it will possibly be announced later that night or next day

Kinda expecting Bettman to tear up when that happens.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

What's an AMF?

Top Bottom