• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Curufinwe

Lou confirmed today we're keeping our first round pick.

Lou also confirmed Pete DeBoer has nothing to worry about.

Has he ever explained why he didn't forfeit last year's pick?
PtYY5qh.png

Merguson

Banned
0.8% chance at the lottery?

dumbtheresachance.gif

It's a shame we can't move up into the top 6 (other than Oilering #1) because there's a ton of forwards who we could really use.

If I read your post correctly..

Basically the NHL changed the lottery rule so that any team that wins the lottery will be granted 1st overall.

So if Winnipeg wins the lottery, they get 1st overall.

Socreges

Banned

Basically the NHL changed the lottery rule so that any team that wins the lottery will be granted 1st overall.

Yes. All you have to do is miss the playoffs and you get a (small) chance at the #1 pick.

Good compensation for perennial 9th place finishers who would get punished at both ends.

If the Oilers win the lottery again I'll be going to all nearby restaurants and stores and flipping every single table and magazine rack not bolted down.

calder

Correct, but only the first pick is up for grabs so the only change can be for #1, after that it's the current draft order (so Florida can only pick first or at worst second).

I just ran the lottery simulator 5 times, Nashville won the first two, then Calgary and Florida-Florida.

Yes of course I refreshed until the Jets won. It took dozens and dozens of tries. :\

If the Oilers win the lottery I will be honestly pissed off. I'm pretty indifferent to the team now but it offends my sense of fairness that a team that dysfunctional and shittily run keeps getting lucky in this one specific fashion.

Merguson

Banned
Yes. All you have to do is miss the playoffs and you get a (small) chance at the #1 pick.

Good compensation for perennial 9th place finishers who would get punished at both ends.

If the Oilers win the lottery again I'll be going to all nearby restaurants and stores and flipping every single table and magazine rack not bolted down.

tambellini1.jpg

Perhaps we'll get a replacement picture with Craig MacTavish tonight? Who knows..

sammich

Im going to lose it if those shitty oilers get the first pick and then watch all the media gargle oiler management balls for "doing it the right way"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I want Nashville or Colorado to win the lottery, I don't want to see Jones in the East for the next 15 years.

dem

The Oilers wouldn't have even had a shot if dumb dumbs didn't whine like bitches about all teams not being in the running for #1 pick

Oilers are in 7th and STILL have a shot now..

Socreges

Banned
Same here.

For the Kings I mean. Not the Coyotes.
Same.

The Oilers wouldn't have even had a shot if dumb dumbs didn't whine like bitches about all teams not being in the running for #1 pick

Oilers are in 7th and STILL have a shot now..
The system is better. It's just unfortunate that the Oilers sucking so hard for so long has been rewarded as it has.

fallout

I think I'd prefer a weighted random selection which could potentially result in ALL 15 non-playoff teams shifting. While the Jets would likely stay in 15th, they might move up to say, 10th. That could be a pretty big jump if you're trying to get a specific player.

Seattle not getting their team back cuts me deep, been a sonics fan since I can remember :(

Hopefully well win the lottery to make up for it

Top Bottom