• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Hahahahahahaha.........

Red Wings' signing of Daniel Cleary could have negative implications for Gustav Nyquist, Tomas Tatar

ha......

“Both played well for us last year. We like them both,'' Holland said. “Tats was the AHL (playoff) MVP with 16 goals; that's a lot of goals in a league where it's hard to score. Certainly, the expectations are they're going to be on the team.''

But, Holland also said of Nyquist, “There's a chance he could go to the American League. He's a good player. We want to win. We're going to try to ice our best team against Buffalo (in the season opener Oct. 2).''

afFyz.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Alfie says his career feels rejuvinated the last 2 years from playing with all these younger players. Goes to a team thats about to scratch Nyquist for Dan fucking Cleary.

Montresor

I think the Leafs lineup will look like this:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
???-Bolland-Kulemin
???-McClement-Orr

The last two forward spots will be taken by two from this group: Frazer McLaren, Joe Colborne, Jerry D'Amigo, Brad Ross, Tyler Biggs.

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
???-Gardiner
???-Fraser

With the last two defensive spots taken by any of these two: Franson, Liles, Ranger, Blacker, Rielly.

Reimer (starter)
Bernier

I hope we see surprise decisions from Carlyle like we saw last year. I know he's going to ice the best squad out of training camp regardless of pedigree. We saw this last year when he had Kostka and Fraser make the team out of NOWHERE. I'd love to see Tyler Biggs or Morgan Rielly make this team.

Razorskin

----- ------
I hope we see surprise decisions from Carlyle like we saw last year. I know he's going to ice the best squad out of training camp regardless of pedigree. We saw this last year when he had Kostka and Fraser make the team out of NOWHERE. I'd love to see Tyler Biggs or Morgan Rielly make this team.

Leafs fans REALLY loved that decision.

They could bring him up once Pronger is on LTIR. But if he plays one game this year it will use up a year of his ELC, so if he struggles at camp he might spend the whole year in Junior.

Damn that sucks. I thought he was looking like he might be decent by the end of his tryout last year. Hopefully he looks good in camp and makes the team.

Cactus

Banned
I actually hope Raymond gets a contract. It's nice to think that an unproven rookie (other than Colborne) will earn a spot out of camp, but with expectations so high, I'd rather have a proven player on the shutdown line.

D'Amigo, Ashton and possibly Biggs will get chances to showcase their talent once injuries inevitably hit.

Merguson

Banned
Damn that sucks. I thought he was looking like he might be decent by the end of his tryout last year. Hopefully he looks good in camp and makes the team.

The 5 games limit was for the shortened season. Isn't it usually 9 games for a full season? How do they deal with that?

Cake Boss

Banned
Watched that TSN video of Mark Masters report on Kessel, basically what I got from it was that if he doesnt resign before October 1, he will become a free agent.

So they'll negotiate during the 2014 off-season and see how it progresses. Nothing to worry about, yet.
That's what they all say. Phil you know you haven't lived until you have Cuban coffe and pastries! All the fresh guava con queso pastries you can ever dream of!

Barkov showing his skill out there today, amazing puck control along the boards even against our biggest guys, and his dirty backhand was on display. Markstrom looks to have tightened his form and by reports is even faster down low.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So when do you think the media will pounce hard on Kessel resigning?

I figure during the first losing streak of 2 or more games.

We'll hear yet again how he and Carlyle don't get along with no real proof of this. Followed up by he doesn't want the spotlight, etc etc

Samyy

We'll hear yet again how he and Carlyle don't get along with no real proof of this. Followed up by he doesn't want the spotlight, etc etc

If he doesn't score the first game, regardless if we win.

But realistically they wont pounce on him until he doesnt contribute for a few games. He always has a bit of a dry spell.

Solo

Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 56s
Alex Galchenyuk just made the whole place go "oooohhh" with a beauty goal. He's kinda good.

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 1m
Galchenyuk just sets himself a very high bar for his pretty goals this season. Dazzling; mesmerizes Fucale, now 3-1 Reds

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 28s
Galchenyuk double l'avance des Rouges de façon spectaculaire./ Galchenyuk tucks the puck into the net after a great move. Team Red leads 3-1

oxgUr.gif

Bring on Oct. 1!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If he doesn't score the first game, regardless if we win.

But realistically they wont pounce on him until he doesnt contribute for a few games. He always has a bit of a dry spell.

Yup you're right. Forgot about that silliness.

Forgot how dumb it got against Boston when they changed the story from "Phil Kessel hasn't scored a goal against Boston in X amount of games" to "Phil Kessel hasn't scored an even strength goal against Boston in X amount of games"

He'll have plenty of time in the spotlight during 24/7

Samyy

Yup you're right. Forgot about that silliness.

Forgot how dumb it got against Boston when they changed the story from "Phil Kessel hasn't scored a goal against Boston in X amount of games" to "Phil Kessel hasn't scored an even strength goal against Boston in X amount of games"

Hahaha yea the media is brutal.
Can't wait to see the headlines for the first Boston vs. Toronto game this year >.<

Here's your chance to trade for a number one Center. Dangle a prospect and/or 1st round pick if needed. Just get it done!!

Yea we need one bad, but then were stuck with the Bozak contract and what the fuck do you do with that. I wonder if someone would take him....
Also we have no depth on wing, its pretty bad.

Peverely out for 3 weeks due to irregular heart beat. Boooooo :(

He should be back by game 2 or 3 in the regular season.

Seguin is apparently doing amazing stuff in training camp as well as Nichushkin.

Can't wait!

Montresor

No chance Kessel doesn't re-sign with the Leafs. The only issue is how much money he gets. We re-signed his best friend long-term (Bozak).

I'm willing to take a year-long avatar bet (for the 2014/2015) season with any of you guys based on the outcome of Kessel's next contract.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Carlyle said McLaren killed penalties in the minors and he might have a chance on the PK this year :lol :lol thank you based Carlyle.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Carlyle said McLaren killed penalties in the minors and he might have a chance on the PK this year :lol :lol thank you based Carlyle.

I'm okay with this. The PK was top 5 end of the year so he gets cut some flak until the first goal goes in then it's hate time.

Solo

Minutes more sheltered than Thomas' bunker. Lets how he does vs 3rd liners this year.

Only one chance at the the Calder tho
Jonathan+Huberdeau+2013+NHL+Awards+iE0D8jiBpY-l.jpg

Played against third lines all last season, bro. But I will give you sheltered minutes though. But its not like he was an 18 year old coming off missing an entire season with a major knee injury or anything though......

AGally vs Hooboodoo will be NHL GAF fun for years to come! AGally should at least be playing 15-16 mins a game this year instead of a paltry 12.

Top Bottom