• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Samyy

Apparently Joe Colborne is beating Jake Gardiner in quick feet racing drills. Guess the new skating coach really helped him out but wow, didn't expect that. Hes won all four so far.

Samyy

Yo damn, big and fast now.

Now if he can handle the puck while skating fast that would be great. Apparently hes been impressing, kinda hoping he plays on the third line.

Kulemin - Bolland - Colborne

I feel like 4th line duties for him would be a waste at this point.

Can't believe the Leafs landed a first line Center for Kaberle

We can hope but hes done nothing to suggest he even belongs in the NHL yet.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 17m

Vigneault says in his mind there is a competition for the backup goalie job and they brought in Hedberg for a reason.

Vigneault said in an Olympic year he needs a backup goalie that can play a certain number of games and be fresh for playoffs.
qPcE3HZ.png

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yup you're right. Forgot about that silliness.

Forgot how dumb it got against Boston when they changed the story from "Phil Kessel hasn't scored a goal against Boston in X amount of games" to "Phil Kessel hasn't scored an even strength goal against Boston in X amount of games"
Boston media. Always moving that goal post. Not like they're the only ones. The Leaf haters were exactly the same.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Given that tortorella said he wants to give Kassian a bigger role, Canucks lineup will HOPEFULLY look something like this:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Kesler-Burrows
Booth-Ebbett/Horvat/Schroeder/Shinkaruk-Hansen
Weise-Richardson-Sestito

Once booth gets inevitably injured during the first preseason game, Jensen's probably gonna be our first wing-callup, unless Shinkaruk plays unbelievably.

That 2way-2nd line... Feels good.

Samyy

Everything I've read suggests that Colborne will play center if he makes the team. Bolland could be moved to the wing.

Bolland-Colborne-Kulemin

OR (if we're lucky)

Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Colborne-Clarkson
Bozak-Bolland-Kulemin
Raymond-McClement-Orr

I think JVR stays on the top line to be the big presence in front of the net, other then that it looks good.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Blues resign Pietrangelo to 7 year deal.

Daaamn. Wonder what the money's like.

EDIT: see above, not too crappy.

Pretty much exactly where it should be.

@jprutherford

Here's the breakdown of Pietrangelo's contract: $5 million, $5.5, $6.5, $7, $7, $7, $7.5 #stlblues

Identical to Karlsson?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Everything I've read suggests that Colborne will play center if he makes the team. Bolland could be moved to the wing.

Bolland-Colborne-Kulemin

OR (if we're lucky)

Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Colborne-Clarkson
Bozak-Bolland-Kulemin
Raymond-McClement-Orr

I've heard otherwise that they are very open to putting him on the wing if they need to. They feel it's an easier transition for a center to play wing then other way around.

Samyy

There really needs to be a handheld NHL game, can you imagine NHL 14 on the Vita. Sigh, but no were getting stupid soccer.
As an aside I opened up GAF during class yesterday and that picture of Subban was all over my screen, got some weird looks from the guys behind me when class ended :(

Acid08

Banned
There really needs to be a handheld NHL game, can you imagine NHL 14 on the Vita. Sigh, but no were getting stupid soccer.
As an aside I opened up GAF during class yesterday and that picture of Subban was all over my screen, got some weird looks from the guys behind me when class ended :(
An NHL game on Vita would be great.

Curufinwe

They should release the NHL 94 mode from NHL 14 as a $15 standalone downloadable title for Vita and PS360 in a few months once the full game has had its chance to sell.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

A top down, 2D NHL game on 3DS would be amazing. Would cost almost nothing to make as well.

You guys I'm slowly realizing how much of a grip Killer Instinct has on my childhood. I don't know if I'm actually able to resist.. someone help. SOS.

Yeah I am so excited for a next gen KI. Love that it is free as well, so I can try out a character online and make sure I like it before I grab it. Hopefully more games will go in that direction next gen.

Samyy

They should release the NHL 94 mode from NHL 14 as a $15 standalone downloadable title for Vita and PS360 in a few months once the full game has had its chance to sell.

I would be okay with this, but I remember playing NHL 2007 all the damn time on my PSP and it was fucking amazing :( can't find the UMD now...

A top down, 2D NHL game on 3DS would be amazing. Would cost almost nothing to make as well.

I would be okay with this too, but it wouldn't be ideal. I mean if thats all they would be willing to do I would take it I guess, but theres so much potential for it on a platform like Vita. Goddammit Sony get your shit together...

Look on the bright side. This could have been all over your screen instead

This is true, gotta remember to never enter NHL-gaf during class

One genre I never got into was fighting games, play them with friends sometimes and its just not that fun for me. Might pickup the Persona fighting game because well, its Persona.

Acid08

Banned
One genre I never got into was fighting games, play them with friends sometimes and its just not that fun for me. Might pickup the Persona fighting game because well, its Persona.
P4A is a lot of fun. It's super crazy though, if you've ever played Guilty Gear or Blaz Blue then you'll have an idea of what to expect. The update that's coming out is adding Yukari and Jumpei to the game which is amazing because more P3 is always amazing.

Acid, I like you. That's why I'm not going to put you on ignore. KI is ballin' as fuck.
KI is borin' as fuck, always was! Even Bloody Roar was more fun.

RC

Banned
KI was always such a gimmicky fighter. Hopefully they'll actually add some depth and complexity to the fighting engine.

And maybe have an option to turn off the announcer. Hearing "c-c-c-combo breaker" every 5 seconds is sure to get annoying.

Heretic

KI was always such a gimmicky fighter. Hopefully they'll actually add some depth and complexity to the fighting engine.

And maybe have an option to turn off the announcer. Hearing "c-c-c-combo breaker" every 5 seconds is sure to get annoying.
Have you been following KI's development? Seems like they added a ton of depth to each character and are providing different fighting styles. I BARELY played the original ones and I suck at fighting games so I could be wrong...

Top Bottom