• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Samyy

AWWWW YISSSSS Preseason double header today. 2pm is the first with mainly rookies and tryout bros and the 7pm will have mostly roster dudes Barkov to make his game debut.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 18s
Nothing set in stone just yet, but if all goes well, UFA G Tim Thomas could show up today in FLA on a PTO.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6m
FLA just working thru final insurance issues and if all goes as expected today, Tim Thomas will be back on the ice with the Panthers.

Sorry :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Psyched for Rangers-Devs tonight. Bummed that I'm probably going to miss a large portion of it if I'm right about how this day is about to go.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Still can't believe how true this is:

kOKcnes.jpg

Not shocked that the 2nd line isn't clicking yet, none of them have ever played with each other before now. Still, they better get their act into high gear!

Where were you guys when I posted this exact same thing yesterday?

As for the news, not shocking at all. I'm just happy they're saying Tatar has a future with the Wings.

Cleary on the first line is hilarious but not surprising. I can't understand it. Nobody understands it other than Babcock, apparently. As I said yesterday, there HAS to be a friendly relationship between the two off the ice. It's the only explanation. Cleary adds absolutely no offensive spark whatsoever. Our PP2 (or 1, if that's where he plays) is going to continue to be impotent this year.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Nothing set in stone just yet, but if all goes well, UFA G Tim Thomas could show up today in FLA on a PTO.
@TSNBobMcKenzie: FLA just working thru final insurance issues and if all goes as expected today, Tim Thomas will be back on the ice with the Panthers.
RonSwansonComputerDump.gif

Season ruined

Edit: Beaten too? Fuck everything. EVERY. DAMN. THING

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
RonSwansonComputerDump.gif

Season ruined

Edit: Beaten too? Fuck everything. EVERY. DAMN. THING

Then Tallon trades for Luongo. Could you imagine?
Yeah I don't understand this unless Thomas was coming in as a back up??? They had a chance to get Luongo back and they could've lowballed, but then it didn't get done cause I thought they were happy with their young goaltending. And now they pick up Thomas?!

Tallon the new Feaster?

Yeah I don't understand this unless Thomas was coming in as a back up??? They had a chance to get Luongo back and they could've lowballed, but then it didn't get done cause I thought they were happy with their young goaltending. And now they pick up Thomas?!

Tallon the new Feaster?
This year Markstrom is the only goalie after Clemmer with NHL experience. We need a proper vet to tandem with Markstrom and Clemmer is not the guy to do that.

Gillis wanted too much for Lou when the time was right for that deal. After that Markstrom is too close to starter duties for Lou's contract to make sense.

Cats line-up for tonight:
GM1
Howden - Goc - Winchester
Upshall - trocheck - Ortmeyer
Wilson - SHore - Boyes
Turgeon - Matsumoto - Pinzzinotto

Racine - Mattau
Roback -Gudbranson
Caruso - Urban

GM2
Rallo - Gomez - Butler
Kopecky - Barkov - Fleischmann
Selleck - Matthias - Crabb
Gomes - Timmins - Shaw

Kulikov-Weegar

Picture cut off after the 1st pairing for the 2nd game. Surprised Weegar is that far up for the org. Flash Barkov Kopecky will be supah hot fiyah.

Samyy

Leafs "first line" will be playing today

JVR-Bozak-Kessel

Kulemin and Clarkson are playing as well along with Smith, D'Amigo, Ashton, Ross, Crescenzi, McKegg, Bodie.

Defence: Fraser, Gardiner, Rielly, Granberg, Brennan, MacWilliam.

No idea what potential pairings or line combos could be.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I was pretty close on the Ranger lines for tonight.

Kreider-Richards-Nash
Hrivik-Boyle-Kristo
Mashinter-Moore-O'Donnell
Bourque-Powe-Asham

Staal-Del Zotto
Moore-Bickel
Falk-Johnson

Lundqvist
Talbot

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 1m

For what it's worth @HLundqvist30 just stopped the first 16 shootout attempts against him at practice until @dkristo7 beat him #GameReady
Dat Henrik. Dat Kristo.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Leafs "first line" will be playing today

JVR-Bozak-Kessel

Kulemin and Clarkson are playing as well along with Smith, D'Amigo, Ashton, Ross, Crescenzi, McKegg, Bodie.

Defence: Fraser, Gardiner, Rielly, Granberg, Brennan, MacWilliam.

No idea what potential pairings or line combos could be.

Per Jonas Siegel:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
McKegg-Smith-Clarkson
D'Amigo-Ashton-Kulemin
Ross-Crescenzi-Bodie

Gardiner-Brennan
Rielly-Granberg
Fraser-MacWilliam

And there is word Bernier should start tonight.

Solo

Patches-Desharnais-Briere tonight for the first line.

God I hate this line. Saddens me that is the first line that Therrien is going to force down our throat all season. Two smurfs and a big guy who no longer thinks he needs to play big. Essentially three smurfs unless Pacioretty becomes the player he was 2 years ago again.

I'm happy with lines 2, 3, 4, but line 1? Disgusting.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
God I hate this line. Saddens me that is the first line that Therrien is going to force down our throat all season. Two smurfs and a big guy who no longer thinks he needs to play big. Essentially three smurfs unless Pacioretty becomes the player he was 2 years ago again.

I'm happy with lines 2, 3, 4, but line 1? Disgusting.

david-desharnais-4.jpg

Samyy

Per Jonas Siegel:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
McKegg-Smith-Clarkson
D'Amigo-Ashton-Kulemin
Ross-Crescenzi-Bodie

Gardiner-Brennan
Rielly-Granberg
Fraser-MacWilliam

And there is word Bernier should start tonight.

Can't wait to see Gardiner and Rielly run the powerplay

Acid08

Banned
Forwards:
Joe Pavelski
Andrew Desjardins
James Sheppard
Anthony Stewart
Adam Burish
John McCarthy
Tomas Hertl
Brodie Reid
Tommy Wingels
Travis Oleksuk
Daniil Tarasov
Freddie Hamilton

Defense:
Jason Demers
Scott Hannan
Matt Irwin
Nick Petrecki
Dylan DeMelo
Matt Pelech

Goalies:
Alex Stalock
Harry Sateri

Excited to see Hertl, Hamilton, Tarasov, Petrecki, Oleksuk, and Stalock play. Also curious to see how Pavs, Wingels, Demers, Hannan, Burish, Desi, and Irwin fare at being the veteran leadership tonight. I'm really hoping Demers has a good outing, we need him to be great this year. Overall looks like kind of a crappy team on paper :lol, not Florida terrible but still bad.

I think the top line will be Hertl-Pavs-Wingels since they were running that in camp. Then that'll become our third line when the season starts.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Patches-Desharnais-Briere tonight for the first line. Tinordi also back in.

Tinordi really impressed last night, glad to know the coaches want to see more, maybe it's not so far fetched that he makes the opening night roster.

Hopefully Christian Thomas has a good game, because I'm still upset they traded Kristo.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
FUCK YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU AND YOUR SHITTY TEAM OF SHORKS STAND FOR, ACID

/preseason goooooooo

Why are you upset about getting TT? Is it because he is such a horrible person, because he will be a huge upgrade over anything you guys had last year at goalie.
He may be an upgrade, 40yrs old and hasn't played in 17 months. Dude is also a circus act, Tallon preaches character like a mantra so Thomas seems like just the opposite.
It's funny because Florida is probably TT's dream destination.
#Truthfact South Florida is staunchly "blue."

Technically, this is worst case scenario. Having Thomas around the team, but not actually playing. He's a good goalie, but the off-the-ice bullshit is the problem.
Worst case scenario is to send Markstrom down if the team doesn't want to eat Clem's contract in the minors if there is no suitor for a trade. I also hope the evaluation is fairly long to see if he can still play. I hope we don't get hung on a Kovalev type contract like last year.

Montresor

In preparation for GTAV, add me guys. I'm OdadjianActual on 360. I think I have Schuey, Yankee Hater, BigJonsson, and Audacity Of Hope (Kave Man) on my friends list at this moment.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
In preparation for GTAV, add me guys. I'm OdadjianActual on 360. I think I have Schuey, Yankee Hater, BigJonsson, and Audacity Of Hope (Kave Man) on my friends list at this moment.

I haven't decided if I'm going PS3 or 360.

Also screw you man audacity of hope. :p

Not gonna lie I laughed hard seeing that nickname from you.

Top Bottom