• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Sanjuro

BUYN8gJIcAASi8h.jpg

There he is. Dark day for the org. Word is he will be ready for the Sat preseason game against the bolts.

Also reason why South Fla es #1, DEM DIMES. Even the reporters are hotter.

I wish you could have played somewhere that mattered.

iblJzzdScY7NTb.gif

Well, shit! I didn't know that.

Also, equipped, I really appreciated the response. Initially I had Toronto in 6th, with Tampa and Ottawa ahead. But then I decided that was not nearly biased enough (and therefore boring).

edit: Also remembered that Tampa are pure shit this year.

It wasn't the relative position of Toronto and Ottawa, that could very well happen.

Montreal that high is the real pipe dream

Spl1nter

Really dislike the cut of D'Amigo. Thought he should get another game with a better center.

Dont know why Abbott is still around he is only a top 6 player, career AHLer.

No reason for Devane to be up. He is barely 4th line AHL material right now.

Broll needs time to develop with good minutes, he actually has some potential above 4th line puncher.

Biggs has the defensive side of the game to play in the NHL but should be placed in the top 6 in the AHL.

Need to see Kenny Ryan in action. I guess both him and Ashton could possibly play on the 4th line.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
First song I hear in GTA radio is Ab-Soul and Kendrick Lamar's Illuminate, this game is already better then GTA 4

Both Karlsson and Spezza are coming off pretty serious injuries, there's a decent chance one or both miss some more time throughout the season.

Spezza might but Karlsson's tendon isn't going to mysteriously detach itself. Either way the team can win without them.

As for Anderson, I laughed because he's been great ever since he started playing here. He's not just going to suddenly shit the bed, and if he somehow does Lehner is more than capable.

Red_Man

As for Anderson, I laughed because he's been great ever since he started playing here. He's not just going to suddenly shit the bed, and if he somehow does Lehner is more than capable.
Im not saying he's going to shit the bed, but he played like Tim Thomas out of this world level last year, I don't think that's sustainable for another year from him. I hope not at least.

They'll finish high and then crash out of the playoffs.

One team I think is getting a bit too much credit is Detroit. But then I know nothing about their roster other than it's full of anti-gay types and traitorous Swedes.

We have a diverse roster! I'm actually optimistic about this year, that isn't something I usually say. I really am feeling a 2-3 finish, maybe even give Boston a run for its money for first, and at the lowest 4th. I feel we will be in contention for playoffs again to continue the streak.

And future playoff hero Dan Cleary.

sigh..... Don't remind me.

Edit: double post, arh!!

Im not saying he's going to shit the bed, but he played like Tim Thomas out of this world level last year, I don't think that's sustainable for another year from him. I hope not at least.

no I don't expect that level but I think he'll be good enough to get us in. He's got a good team in front of him.

No, everyone needs to put the Leafs in the bottom, they do best when we expect nothing :p

Let's all agree that whoever wins the Metropolitan championship......is ridiculed for that division name being real :(

Red_Man

The main character in GTA 4 was awful, I've only met the first two characters in this game, but they're already infinitely more entertaining to play as and watch

Question for Crazed: What's the story with Howard's stats in 2010/11?

I honestly don't even remember, just a down year I guess.

TO over Montreal? Welcome to the Eastern Conference Arab, and kindly fuck yourself!

I think Toronto will surprise people again this year and make it, I'm still not totally convinced about Montreal. I thought they overachieved last year and the quit exit somewhat proved it. However, crazier things have happened.

Red_Man

I think Toronto will surprise people again this year and make it, I'm still not totally convinced about Montreal. I thought they overachieved last year and the quit exit somewhat proved it. However, crazier things have happened.
How'd it prove it? Eller, Gionta and Pacioretty where all injured in the first game, Emelin was out, and Price was going through a bad slump. Montreal got lucky avoiding injuries all year, and then got hit all at once in the playoffs.

Spl1nter

The Atlantic is a total crap shoot to determine. Any of those 5 main teams goes down with a key player injury could miss the playoffs. Each team has areas of weakness:

Boston - center depth
Detroit - defense depth
Montreal - sum of parts offense
Toronto - offense depth
Ottawa - scoring capability after 1st line

At the same time because of having 3 weaker teams in the division they could all possibly make the playoffs. To me Boston is the only lock. They are the decline however for the long term. Will still compete but not a perennial challenger for the cup. Seguin trade will be horrible in the long term.

Red_Man

Boston has one of the best 2 line centre combos in the league, and Montreal had one of the best offences in the league last year lol......Montreals problem will be if Price falls back into a slump / the defence not holding up until Emelin gets back.

I would also argue we don't really have a defensive depth problem. We have a great deal of prospects who are NHL ready that could be called up. Almquist, Ouellet, Sproul, etc....

Spl1nter

Boston has one of the best 2 line centre combos in the league, and Montreal had one of the best offences in the league last year lol......Montreals problem will be if Price falls back into a slump / the defence not holding up until Emelin gets back.

Forgot Kelly is a center. They still some wholes offensively if someone goes down. Lost a lot of utility in Seguin and Peverley. Not to mention speed.

Montreal has one first line player, its a sum of parts offense.

Detroit may have prospect depth but I would never count on non-pro prospects translating into defensive depth. Going for junior to nhl is a lot harder on defense.

ZeroGravity

Stamkos spent his next summer in workouts with former Bolt and training guru Gary Roberts. He came back to tie Sidney Crosby for the Maurice Richard Trophy in his sophomore year. This summer, the Lightning report Brett Connolly spent intense workouts with Roberts, gaining six pounds of muscle. Already known as fast, with no lingering effects from his hip injury, Connolly is billed at 6’2″ and a hammering 213 pounds.
Sounds like this could be Connolly's breakout year. Dat offense.

Solo

Habs are gonna live and die on Price and the D again. Offense isn't a concern. We had one of the most balanced, deepest scoring lineups in the league last year, and we're icing basically the same team this year. Each of our top three lines can score, and even the fourth line has underrated offensive guys like Prust.

Habs under Jacques Martin: great defense and goaltending, conservative-dump-and-chase-couldn't-score-to-save-their-lives offense.
Habs under Michael Therrien: awful defense and shakey goaltending, aggressive can-light-the-lamp-with-the-best-teams offense.

Shit's frustrating. We haven't been able to ice the total package under either regime. At least we're a lot more exciting to watch under Therrien.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
People need to stop underrating Ottawa.

Fantastic coach who runs a great system that even when they are missing a lot of their best players are still able to compete every single night.

I can't even say barring injuries they should make playoffs. Even with injuries they'll probably still get in. They've proved it already.

Solo

Frankly Price needs to morph back into his 2010 self and steal some games, because the D in front of him isn't up to snuff. Bergevin didn't do much to address it this offseason. I realize the intent is to build from within with our own prospects, but goddamn it I would kill for another D-man close to Subban level.

Habs aren't Cup contenders until that D gets sorted out though.

The only 2 guys in the roster who are untouchable on D are Subban and Emelin. I'd move every single other person if I could get a better D core.

Sanjuro

The Atlantic is a total crap shoot to determine. Any of those 5 main teams goes down with a key player injury could miss the playoffs. Each team has areas of weakness:

Boston - center depth
Detroit - defense depth
Montreal - sum of parts offense
Toronto - offense depth
Ottawa - scoring capability after 1st line

At the same time because of having 3 weaker teams in the division they could all possibly make the playoffs. To me Boston is the only lock. They are the decline however for the long term. Will still compete but not a perennial challenger for the cup. Seguin trade will be horrible in the long term.

I'm not sure how it can be horrible long term while having him on the team hindered our short term goals.

Spl1nter

I'm not sure how it can be horrible long term while having him on the team hindered our short term goals.

I just think Seguin will become a 80+ point player in the future but no doubt it was a smart move if seguin isnt going to be that player this year. Chara and Seidenberg are getting up there in age, the time to win is now for you. Both teams did well in the trade based on what they are looking for now.

Sanjuro

I just think Seguin will become a 80+ point player in the future but no doubt it was a smart move by the organization. Chara and Seidenberg are getting up there in age, the time to win is now for you.

If we had a solid goaltender, we might have.

Seguin has the tools. Just hasn't figured out much yet. With our style of play he just didn't fit in. If he was a competent center things might have gone differently.

Spl1nter

Never said he was, proven player in his prime. Probably perform great for Boston. We should be dreading him compared to Seguin.

Seguin was frustrating to watch from a neutral perspective, so much speed and ability to makes moves at top speed with a killer shot, just wasted. May just not have the hockey iq but still tough to tell since he is still young.

Red_Man

Frankly Price needs to morph back into his 2010 self and steal some games, because the D in front of him isn't up to snuff. Bergevin didn't do much to address it this offseason. I realize the intent is to build from within with our own prospects, but goddamn it I would kill for another D-man close to Subban level.
it would be nice to get another Subban but its not happening. No team is giving a guy like him up, and it would take One of Gallys if not both plus a lot more. Bergevin did what he could with the market.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
0 for 7 on the PP already in the preseason...

Lecavalier has looked really dangerous tonight. Biron has been really sharp so far.

Top Bottom