• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 37s

Give or take a few dollars, Clarkson stands to lose $562500 for the upcoming suspension. It will come down to the exact days he misses

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
LOL!
So... Clarkson will almost certainly sit for 10 and Kessel will probably sit for a few as well, right?

I don't know what's more sad: Kessel swinging/spearing away or the fact that those hacks/spears did nothing to John Scott.

Samyy

LOL!
So... Clarkson will almost certainly sit for 10 and Kessel will probably sit for a few as well, right?

I don't know what's more sad: Kessel swinging/spearing away or the fact that those hacks/spears did nothing to John Scott.

Kessel probably will be suspended for the rest of the preseason, some leeway will probably be given because he was about to get killed by a giant. A hefty fine too I would suspect.

lmao at Kessel being such a pussy and using his stick like a weapon.

Oh yea Kessels the pussy when 6 foot 8 Scott is about to fucking jump him. Fuck off with that shit. He dropped the gloves and beat the shit outta some scrub afterwards.

The issue isn't him trying to fend off with the first few swings.

It's when EVERYONE is on top of the 6' 8" beast and he's fucking swinging wood in the pile still.

What the fuck was that.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
1ZoQAQX.jpg

scott with 2, 5, 10 and a game LOL

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I wonder if James Reimer would have fought Miller or just smiled at him across the ice.

He would have kicked his ass while apologizing about it.

"Aw geez I'm really sorry about this but I gotta defend my teammate, you know how it is right?"

Quick

Banned
I wonder if James Reimer would have fought Miller or just smiled at him across the ice.

"Hey, Ryan, how's it go--"

*punch in the face*

"You have a great punch, Ryan. Keep it up."

*another punch in the face*

"That was great, Ryan. I appreciate your intensity."

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 40s

Can confirm that David Clarkson's salary will count against the #leafs cap if/when he is suspended.

Ugh

Samyy

Kinda feel bad for Clarkson because the media is heralding him like the second coming but hes just trying way too hard to make an impact.
The positive from this game is that Gardiner is fucking amazing.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Also, YouTube link of the line brawl for people who don't want to deal with TSN's video player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch&v=Hf2nDOwD0O4

page not available?

Now that some time has passed, I really think that was stupid of Scott. It was a preseason game, wtf.

...Still, that doesn't make things any better for Clarkson. HOWEVER, someone had to take that guy on or he could've kept chasing Kessel. This is the type of shit that Orr is built for.....sigh...

Samyy

page not available?

Now that some time has passed, I really think that was stupid of Scott. It was a preseason game, wtf.

...Still, that doesn't make things any better for Clarkson. HOWEVER, someone had to take that guy on or he could've kept chasing Kessel. This is the type of shit that Orr is built for.....sigh...

I don't think it was worth it honestly, Scott isn't going to be allowed to pummel Kessel regardless, Ashtons a tough kid and he was on the ice too. He made a silly mistake. Can't defend him.

Jesus you could buy a real nice house with the amount of money Clarkson forfeits due to his suspension.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it was worth it honestly, Scott isn't going to be allowed to pummel Kessel regardless, Ashtons a tough kid and he was on the ice too. He made a silly mistake. Can't defend him.

Jesus you could buy a real nice house with the amount of money Clarkson forfeits due to his suspension.

A nice house...not IN Toronto, right? :p

page not available?

Scott's mindset is probably to earn a spot on the roster. I think it was his first pre-season game thus far, and since he can't skate or shoot or ...you know do anything else hockey related, this is how he shows his "value".

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Let's be fair, you could get maybe an adequate one bedroom for that money. In one of the more poor areas maybe...

Kave_Man with the truth bombs :(

Fucking condos start around 195K and up in this city now. Shit houses in my (and Forza's ;) ) neighbourhood easily go for 450K plus. House next to mine was completely redone from top to bottom; the previous owner spent almost the entire year redoing it. Sold that sucker for 850K.

ShaneB

Just seeing the highlights of the Leafs/Sabres scuffle. Sheesh.

edit: what the at those toronto condo prices? Perhaps I should sell mine than.

Samyy

Im hoping in 5 years when I plan on moving into the city that Condo bubble bursts. I mean they just wont stop making them :(

cube444

Kave_Man with the truth bombs :(

Fucking condos start around 195K and up in this city now. Shit houses in my (and Forza's ;) ) neighbourhood easily go for 450K plus. House next to mine was completely redone from top to bottom; the previous owner spent almost the entire year redoing it. Sold that sucker for 850K.

A Romanian guy I know bought a bungalow in East York for $401,000. Totally gutted it, added a second floor and sold it for $835,000.

That's fucking hilarious.

Kind of a bitch move by Kessel to swing his stick but at least he backed it up by fighting. Him spearing Scott before leaving the ice was amazing though, Scott was PISSED.

Clarkson is an idiot. Miller got worked.

Did Miller cry to the media about it afterwards?

Top Bottom