• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Curufinwe

Kessel coming back to spear Scott when he was being held was a bitch move. Before that I thought what he did to protect himself was fine.

I hope the Buffalo kid who got knocked out is alright. His head went into the ice hard with no protection.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
A Romanian guy I know bought a bungalow in East York for $401,000. Totally gutted it, added a second floor and sold it for $835,000.

:(

I won't say anymore on this, but I feel with the way things are right now, I can't sell my house and live in Toronto proper anymore. I've have to move to the suburbs where the prices are only slightly less terrible.

Back on topic, I wasn't watching the game live at that point as I was watching Breaking Bad. I saw the goalie fight afterwards, and I thought Miller had the upper hand in the beginning, but then Bernier fucking rocked him good.

Miller shouldn't have fought him though. Shit, I felt Bernier should've kept his ass in net too.

He played relatively well from what I saw though. He's a lot more confident and is more purposeful in his movements and some of the saves on odd man rushes made me feel he can really make a difference.

STILL, I'm happy to have Reimer around to 'just in case'. He still has the ability to take this team and run with it if needed too. It just wasn't the case with Scrivens last year.

Fei

The Scott thing, eh... wtf was he doing. But if you're Carlyle, wtf are you putting Kessel on the ice when Scott is out there after it's clear he's looking to cause some mayhem. Really dumb.

Kessel taking the first chop is fine. The second chop is a such a little bitch move when Scott has like 3 Leafs on him. :lol The third spear after it looks over should get him a suspension.

malfcn

201309212040744364993-p5.jpg

Carey Price still looks big in net. Like the new added color to his still white pads.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The Scott thing, eh... wtf was he doing. But if you're Carlyle, wtf are you putting Kessel on the ice when Scott is out there after it's clear he's looking to cause some mayhem. Really dumb.

Kessel taking the first chop is fine. The second chop is a such a little bitch move when Scott has like 3 Leafs on him. :lol The third spear after it looks over should get him a suspension.

I agree with you and I can't argue. I could also add though that putting Scott on there to start shit up for a preseason game that was already over was pretty stupid too.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

carlyle said he put kessel line out to calm things down

he honestly didn't expect scott to jump kessel

love the tsn top comment

"oh man did John Scott get lucky that everyone jumped on him before kessel knocked him out" LOL

Fei

I agree with you and I can't argue. I could also add though that putting Scott on there to start shit up for a preseason game that was already over was pretty stupid too.

Agreed. I didn't see the game, but it sounds like Tropp started the original fight. If that's the case, can't get mad at the Leafs player for beating him up.

Please stop calling that a spear.

I only saw the highlights once, and that's what the annoucners called it. What was it, a slash? A tap?

carlyle said he put kessel line out to calm things down

he honestly didn't expect scott to jump kessel

If you're the home team you have the last line change. Carlyle saw Scott on the ice and kept Kessel out there. Stupid.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Agreed. I didn't see the game, but it sounds like Tropp started the original fight. If that's the case, can't get mad at the Leafs player for beating him up.

I only saw the highlights once, and that's what the annoucners called it. What was it, a slash? A tap?

it was closer to a prod, he wasnt pulling a messier... just trying to irritate the shit out of scott

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So fake tough guy move?

Internet, that was quick:

804170_orig.gif

I don't mean this to be offensive at all; I'm curious about your opinion. What would you have done if you were in his skates?

How would you have felt had it been Orr doing this to Vanek and you saw Vanek slash at him and skate away?

Fei

I don't mean this to be offensive at all; I'm curious about your opinion. What would you have done if you were in his skates?

How would you have felt had it been Orr doing this to Vanek and you saw Vanek slash at him and skate away?

Like I said, first slash from Kessel was the exact right thing to do. Teammates then jumped Scott. It's over for Kessel. The rest is kinda pathetic (that's MAYBE a bit harsh).

And I'd feel the same way if it were a Sabre. I'd hate it. You don't see me cheering for what Kaleta does. I'd be fine if Kaleta never played a game with the Sabres again because I don't think that stuff belongs in hockey.

Cake Boss

Banned
A bit of a continuum here.

I like what Kessel did to protect himself and hate what John Scott tried to do, but I also want Kessel to at least get some type of punishment from the league, if he gets off with nothing then prepare to see a bunch of under 6'0 guys swinging their sticks this season at guys taller than them. I didnt mind the first swing at the legs but the 2nd one when Scott is already down with 3 leafs on him was kind of unnecessary, plus coming back to Scott and using your stick again (even though it was barely nothing) on him while hes tied up with the ref is also unnecessary.

Samyy

I like what Kessel did to protect himself and hate what John Scott tried to do, but I also want Kessel to at least get some type of punishment from the league, if he gets off with nothing then prepare to see a bunch of under 6'0 guys swinging their sticks this season at guys taller than them. I didnt mind the first swing at the legs but the 2nd one when Scott is already down with 3 leafs on him was kind of unnecessary, plus coming back to Scott and using your stick again (even though it was barely nothing) on him while hes tied up with the ref is also unnecessary.

I think he'll get a heft fine and miss the rest of the preseason.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I'd be shocked he doesn't get at least 1-2 games (preseason) and a fine.

If not this league is fucked up...

Acid08

Banned

That was pretty funny, Kessel the troll.

Montresor

Agreed 100%.

Scott deserves no suspension. Kessel should get at least one regular season game. I hope Tropp recovers well from his injury. And (ugh) sadly Clarkson is going to get 10 games.

I'm still pleased. I love that the Leafs won't get pushed around.

Dat Ristolainen kid is getting lots of praise, huh. I haven't watched pre-season but I'm reading that he's a stud.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't give a fuck who it was. Don't slash him if you don't want to fight him then.
Did you even watch the incident?
So what are you suppose to do? just sit there and be his punching bag?

Kessel didnt want to fight, Scott was the one that dropped the gloves and came after him.
Pretty much this.

Let's see you sing the same tune if the Hawks were ahead and Scott went after Toews or Kane. I think Toews might try to fight him, but it'd be supremely stupid.

Did you even watch the incident?

Pretty much this.

Let's see you sing the same tune if the Hawks were ahead and Scott went after Toews or Kane. I think Toews might try to fight him, but it'd be supremely stupid.

Couldn't he have done exactly what he did minus the slashing.. Seems like he slipped out and others came to his aid.

Likewise the slashing after the guys piled on and the poke after the whole thing was pretty much over wasn't really necessary.

Not saying Scott is in the right, but everyone was most definitely not thinking correctly. (Clarkson, Kessel, Scott)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Guys like Scott shouldn't even be in the league, this is the NHL's fault for not cracking down on those knuckledraggrs. That being said Kessel does deserve some kind of suspension for the extra swings.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't he have done exactly what he did minus the slashing.. Seems like he slipped out and others came to his aid.

Likewise the slashing after the guys piled on and the poke after the whole thing was pretty much over wasn't really necessary.

Not saying Scott is in the right, but everyone was most definitely not thinking correctly. (Clarkson, Kessel, Scott)
I won't argue that he didn't need to slash. That was kinda a bitch move. But what did you want him to do instead? Fight a guy the size of Chara? I'll take a Kessel suspension over having Scott fuck him up and seriously injury him; it was blatant that Scott was after him.

I can also argue that Scott shouldn't have started shit in a preseason game that they already lost and on a player he completely outsized.

I wouldn't like it if Orr did the same to any star player in the same situation.

Monty said Scott likely won't get anything; I think he'll get punished somehow.

I won't argue that he didn't need to slash. That was kinda a bitch move. But what did you want him to do instead? Fight a guy the size of Chara? I'll take a Kessel suspension over having Scott fuck him up and seriously injury him; it was blatant that Scott was after him.

I already said in my post.. He looks like he would have slipped out just fine with his team coming to his aid w/o fighting or sitting there.

Hell the swings actually caused him to stay in the ruckus some more haha..

MacAttack

John Scott is a bum, what a loser to go after Kessel. Miller got his ass handed to him by Bernier. I love it.

Who wants to take fighting out of hockey? That was great.

Top Bottom