• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I stopped watching Dexter after the steaming pile of shit that was Season 5, all the awful impressions I've read from the rest of the seasons make me happy I didn't keep watching. I've never seen a show follow up such a brilliant season with such garbage as they did from S4 - S5.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I got a 3DS and AC today... How do I shot web?

I never really played an AC before, just watched my roommate play a bunch on the GameCube 10 years ago. What's the point of the game? Just to find shit and hoard as much cool stuff as you can?

BTW, Tatar and Nyquist >>>> Samuelsson and Cleary.

I stopped watching Dexter after the steaming pile of shit that was Season 5, all the awful impressions I've read from the rest of the seasons make me happy I didn't keep watching. I've never seen a show follow up such a brilliant season with such garbage as they did from S4 - S5.

I stopped after the whole his sister wants to fuck him thing. I don't remember the season number. I knew it was on a downswing but that was just too much, took it from amusing trainwreck to baffling shit eating contest.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I stopped after the whole his sister wants to fuck him thing. I don't remember the season number. I knew it was on a downswing but that was just too much, took it from amusing trainwreck to baffling shit eating contest.
:lol :lol what the fuck? I bailed before that, what a disaster.

Breaking Bad fans are the worst preachers on the internet.

They're just as loud as the Wire fanbase but they feel the need to reach even harder to trumpet the show's artistic perfection (at least the Wire people are right).

Breaking Bad is a great show but people need to calm the fuck down.

and GoT fans are even worse, they either spoil everything from the books under the pretense of not knowing where the show is at any given point, or make shitty Winter is Coming/Rains of Castemere references when it was maybe funny once.

Acid08

Banned

I never really played an AC before, just watched my roommate play a bunch on the GameCube 10 years ago. What's the point of the game? Just to find shit and hoard as much cool stuff as you can?

Just chill out and enjoy. Get cool shit for your house, talk to your neighbors, visit the island. You'll find stuff you want to do.

0SckeVy.jpg

Took me a second, looks like Kessel decapitated him lol.

TUSR

Banned

nothing, nothing at all

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Just approach it very casually and you'll do fine. Don't go in expecting to win anything. I find hopping in for a half hour everyday is good;it's nice not to have to worry about really screwing anything up or missing any big secrets.

If you're OCD though, may the gods have mercy on your soul...

Oh are we shitting on BB fans again? Good. I'm a fan and those people in the thread make everyone look bad. Fucking people judging others on how they react to a fictional TV show about fictional actions from fictional characters.

Quick

Banned
Breaking Bad fans are the worst preachers on the internet.

They're just as loud as the Wire fanbase but they feel the need to reach even harder to trumpet the show's artistic perfection (at least the Wire people are right).

Breaking Bad is a great show but people need to calm the fuck down.

and GoT fans are even worse, they either spoil everything from the books under the pretense of not knowing where the show is at any given point, or make shitty Winter is Coming/Rains of Castemere references when it was maybe funny once.

Nailed my feelings, exactly.

People played the shit out of "Winter is coming."

And having an opinion on The Wire is showing off your TV snob cred.

Quick

Banned
I fucking love The Wire.

But I understand why its subject matter and obsession with realism are turn offs for some people.

I guess I should elaborate on my disdain for a section of The Wire's fan base, and I've experienced this a lot when talking about shows:

It's not that anyone has an opinion about it in general, it's the fact that some people feel the need to kill a discussion by busting out a critique of The Wire. You get sick of it, sometimes.

It's the same with some Sherlock fans shitting on Elementary. Doctor Who fans ("Whovian" is a terrible name) can be insufferable, too.

And I'll admit that I've done my share of shitting on Elementary, and letting people know that Doctor Who is better than whatever show was being discussed in the past.

I'm sure The Wire is great, and I'll probably watch it one day, but I don't need to hear someone's expert opinion on it all the damn time.

I

It's the same with some Sherlock fans shitting on Elementary. Doctor Who fans ("Whovian" is a terrible name) can be insufferable, too.

And I'll admit that I've done my share of shitting on Elementary, and letting people know that Doctor Who is better than whatever show was being discussed in the past.

There are some segments of the doctor who fanbase I can't stand. Namely the buzzfeed reading/ tumblr gif posting people who are the reason the show feels the need to dump a classic scfi feel and turn everything up to eleven (pun intended). Also people who claim that Series 1-4 are a complete wash that should be avoided. Series 6 and 7 are flawed in their own special way as well. Even 5 is a mixed bag at points.

Ironically the reaction paper that's keeping me up this late is on the narcissism of minor difference.

Acid08

Banned
I got through the first half of the first season of The Wire. It just didn't keep me I guess. Much more of a Shield guy.
It's a slow burn with amazing payoffs as the series goes on. Really is quite an investment to get into but it's so worth it.

And really, every fanbase has insufferable assholes. Unfortunately they're much more pronounced for shows like Doctor Who. I swear some of the biggest shitheads I've ever met have been huge Who fans. They act like I just said "Hitler was right" when I tell them that I like the show but lost interest in season 6.

I also hate the word "fandom" that gets thrown around a lot now. Makes it sounds like you're in a fucking cult instead of just a fan of whatever series you're into.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just approach it very casually and you'll do fine. Don't go in expecting to win anything. I find hopping in for a half hour everyday is good;it's nice not to have to worry about really screwing anything up or missing any big secrets.

If you're OCD though, may the gods have mercy on your soul...

Oh are we shitting on BB fans again? Good. I'm a fan and those people in the thread make everyone look bad. Fucking people judging others on how they react to a fictional TV show about fictional actions from fictional characters.
Fuck... I am already dead.

So even though they lost, our young guys did their best to make comeback. Can we please have a Nyquist+Tatar line for the regular season? They both seem to play the best when they are together. Heck, Andersson also plays great with them, but I know that isn't going to happen.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So even though they lost, our young guys did their best to make comeback. Can we please have a Nyquist+Tatar line for the regular season? They both seem to play the best when they are together. Heck, Andersson also plays great with them, but I know that isn't going to happen.

Actually, Andersson would fit perfectly on that line in Babcock's terms. He's a bigger guy who isn't afraid to scrap, so Babcock wants one of those on every line.

Solo

Just saw the highlighjs of Tinordi wrecking fools. hnnnnngggg. Kid will make the team out of camp. He just has to.

Can't believe I'll be in the Bell Centre in just 8 days :eek:

Fei

The more I think about this, I hope Scott gets suspended as well. That's as gutless as anything Kessel did.

I've never had a problem with Scott before. He's always just done his job of fighting and nothing extra. Hades is probably right that he felt the need to justify his spot on the team or something.

Edit: BB-GAF is one of the worst subcommunities on GAF. Fantastic show though.

Samyy

What's a homer.

Someone who shows blind loyalty to a team or organization, typically ignoring any shortcomings or faults they have.

Essentially they can't see anything negative about the team and will act irrationally to defend every little thing that they do. For example there were people calling the Clarkson signing a great deal and a "steal".

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Someone who shows blind loyalty to a team or organization, typically ignoring any shortcomings or faults they have.

Essentially they can't see anything negative about the team and will act irrationally to defend every little thing that they do. For example there were people calling the Clarkson signing a great deal and a "steal".
Bah just too much term...

Samyy

Bah just too much term...

-homermode- What are you talking about! Clarkson is a stand up guy, hes a team guy, hes easily worth that money and you want him on the team long term as a leader! Hes gonna stand up for our skill guys and bang some heads! Seven years is nothing! Thats the going rate for players of his calibre! -endhomermode-

yyzjohn

Banned
The more I think about this, I hope Scott gets suspended as well. That's as gutless as anything Kessel did.

I've never had a problem with Scott before. He's always just done his job of fighting and nothing extra. Hades is probably right that he felt the need to justify his spot on the team or something.

Edit: BB-GAF is one of the worst subcommunities on GAF. Fantastic show though.

You don't get suspended for starting a fight, it's not like the league has an official "ranking" system where guys are on and off limits for fights. If someone wants to go after Kessel that's in the rule book.

yyzjohn

Banned
Don't go to HFboards, you'll get persecuted for calling out Clarkson, jesus those people can be such homers.

Clarkson hasn't played 1 Leafs game yet, I don't count preseason, so he's not done anything noteworthy for me to be on board with him. All this does is get the Leafs more cap room with his suspension, so I guess that's a good thing. As long as the Leafs can stay over .500 for the first 10 games without him, I guess it's no damage done.

Samyy

Clarkson hasn't played 1 Leafs game yet, I don't count preseason, so he's not done anything noteworthy for me to be on board with him. All this does is get the Leafs more cap room with his suspension, so I guess that's a good thing. As long as the Leafs can stay over .500 for the first 10 games without him, I guess it's no damage done.

No we don't get the cap back actually for suspensions :/

ElNino

I'm pretty sure the cap number still counts while on suspension so the Leafs won't get any benefit from that.

Top Bottom