• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers start a crazy week out west. Games in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Las Vegas in the next 5 days.

Tonight's lineup in Calgary:

Nash-Richards-Kreider
Hrivik-Boyle-Kristo
Pyatt-Lindberg-Fast
Mashinter-Powe-Asham

Staal-Del Zotto
Moore-Stralman
Falk-Bickel

Lundqvist

Solo

Habs' lineup tonight

30 - Peter Budaj
31 - Carey Price

42 - Jarred Tinordi
26 - Josh Gorges
55 - Francis Bouillon
61 - Raphael Diaz
76 - P.K. Subban
79 - Andrei Markov

8 - Brandon Prust
11 - Brendan Gallagher
14 - Tomas Plekanec
17 - Rene Bourque
27 - Alex Galchenyuk
32 - Travis Moen
48 - Daniel Brière
51 - David Desharnais
53 - Ryan White
67 - Max Pacioretty
81 - Lars Eller
49 - Michaël Bournival

Getting really close to looking like the opening night roster.....

Habs' lineup tonight

30 - Peter Budaj
31 - Carey Price

42 - Jarred Tinordi
26 - Josh Gorges
55 - Francis Bouillon
61 - Raphael Diaz
76 - P.K. Subban
79 - Andrei Markov

8 - Brandon Prust
11 - Brendan Gallagher
14 - Tomas Plekanec
17 - Rene Bourque
27 - Alex Galchenyuk
32 - Travis Moen
48 - Daniel Brière
51 - David Desharnais
53 - Ryan White
67 - Max Pacioretty
81 - Lars Eller
49 - Michaël Bournival

Getting really close to looking like the opening night roster.....

That looks exactly like the opening night roster.

Cue panic in Montreal if they lose.

Montresor

^^^^ Stupid Xbox Video being late on releasing the newest episode of Breaking Bad. Hopefully when I get home after work it's finally up for streaming.

That looks exactly like the opening night roster.

Cue panic in Montreal if they lose.

Parros will dress against the Leafs for sure.

I really like the addition of Briere to Montreal's team.

Anyone else think the Oilers season is over before it even started?

Without their top 2 centers, and can't see how their season will look anything but abysmal.

dem

Everyone says Nugent Hopkins looks fine practicing. I figure he will be back pretty quick.
Gagner.. probably about a month.

Oilers pick up Steve Macintyre off waivers.
The game against Vancouver should be real fun.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Apparently Kadri had thoughts of jumping over the boards as well but that beauty Joffrey Lupul stopped him.

Unfortunately Kadri was too late to stop Clarkson.

Quick

Banned
Grabovski called Kessel "a musketeer"

@BenRaby31: #Leafs alum Mikhail Grabovski on Phil Kessel's 'fight' vs #Sabres: "He looked like a musketeer"

Naturally, I got to work.

ibkkUGLZYCeXOT.png

Parch

Anyone else think the Oilers season is over before it even started?
Without their top 2 centers, and can't see how their season will look anything but abysmal.
I said on July 1st that the Oilers should have nabbed another center. Now Boyd Gordon is their #1 center? And Anton Lander is #2? That's pretty damn scary. Taylor Hall has been working on faceoffs so I expect him to see a fair amount of time in the middle. Oilers will have to be creative with the lines all season.

dem

Hall has been playing C all preseason. Looked fine.

I imagine they will shuffle the lines and maybe put Eberle at center.

Smyth-Hall-Hemsky
Perron-Eberle-Yakupov

something like that

Osorio

Should be a slaughter tonight

Zubrus - Henrique - Ryder
Olesz - Josefson - Bernier
Matteu - Gionta - Barch
Sislo - Sestito - Pelley

Greene - Larsson
Gelinas - Fayne
Urbom - Severson/Burlon

Brodeur
Wedgewood

I like Lehner's take:

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes
Lehner on Leafs/Sabres: "Their heavyweight went after their star. And then Kessel went Star Wars on him. It was pretty good entertainment."

You can call him Obi Fat Phillobi

kessel-lightsaber.gif

Samyy

So is Valve gonna try to sell a meh PC with SteamOS on it to people so they can stream real games from their main PCs?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If I could be serious for a moment:

I know we all shit on Kessel for being fat, awkward and overall a creepy looking dude but with the comments/reactions the Leafs players had over last night it really shows he is a huge part of this team and a lot of guys will go to war with him.

He'll never be a vocal leader on this team but he is a guy they will fight for.

Not sure I can say the same for Phaneuf...:(

Solo

I think my work is trying to tell me something......I've just been told I'm being sent to the asshole of the earth, Detroit, for a week or two in October. FML.

LevelNth

Banned
Such a gutless move from a pathetic franchise last night, Scott and Rolston should both get 10 games themselves.

It'd be nice to see the league recognize why the brawl broke out like that and rescind Clarkson's suspension, but they won't, because the NHL isn't interested in what is and isn't appropriate when it comes to fighting, they just want to pretend to be against while spinelessly riding the ratings boosts it gives.

It's so comical to see how horrifically run the NHL is. Never fails.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Someone who shows blind loyalty to a team or organization, typically ignoring any shortcomings or faults they have.

Essentially they can't see anything negative about the team and will act irrationally to defend every little thing that they do. For example there were people calling the Clarkson signing a great deal and a "steal".

Such a gutless move from a pathetic franchise last night, Scott and Rolston should both get 10 games themselves.

It'd be nice to see the league recognize why the brawl broke out like that and rescind Clarkson's suspension, but they won't, because the NHL isn't interested in what is and isn't appropriate when it comes to fighting, they just want to pretend to be against while spinelessly riding the ratings boosts it gives.

It's so comical to see how horrifically run the NHL is. Never fails.

Mhmmmmmm.... LOL.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Scott already had two guys on him, and was neutralized before Clarkson's skate blades touched the ice. Fucking lol at the refs standing around doing nothing too.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
As a coworker of mine said today (who is a Sens fan btw) anyone who had any sort of issue with the Leafs reaction has not played a minute of hockey themselves.

Or worse, they were nothing but a weasel.

Clarkson jumped over the bench. Rule says 10 games suspension, that's the rules. Anyone who says otherwise has not READ the rules.

edit: fuck you solo :lol

Scott picked a fight with another player. It does not matter who that other player is, regardless of how you think star players are untouchable. Was it gutless? Yes. Was it against the rules? No. Was what Kessel did against the tules? Yes. Like I said, I don't have an issue with the first slash. The second and third slash are the problem.

There is no rule that says "jumping over the bench is illegal unless you feel like the fighting matchup is unfair".

CCF23

I think Kessel deserves to be suspended for the second slash on Scott. The first one is understandable because gigantor is trying to devour his awkward soul, but he goes in again after Scott is tied up with two other players. That's the one I think should get him in trouble. Nothing major, just a game or two to say you can't do that.

Quick

Banned
I think Kessel deserves to be suspended for the second slash on Scott. The first one is understandable because gigantor is trying to devour his awkward soul, but he goes in again after Scott is tied up with two other players. That's the one I think should get him in trouble. Nothing major, just a game or two to say you can't do that.

While ultimately hilarious, he definitely slashed him one too many.

Top Bottom