• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

CCF23

A million for Raymond is actually a pretty good deal. He's not a second liner, but you'll get your money's worth for that price.

Christian Ehrhoff ‏@TheRealHoff10 49m
Why were that many reporters in John Scott's stall after practice today? Did I miss anything? #suddenlyfamous

BU3zoYECQAAcu1b.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers start a crazy week out west. Games in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Las Vegas in the next 5 days.

Tonight's lineup in Calgary:

Nash-Richards-Kreider
Hrivik-Boyle-Kristo
Pyatt-Lindberg-Fast
Mashinter-Powe-Asham

Staal-Del Zotto
Moore-Stralman
Falk-Bickel

Lundqvist

Slight tweak to this lineup from AV today. Kristo and Fast are switching places, so Fast on Boyle's line, Kristo on Lindberg's.

Fei

Hahaha, Scott said he agreed to fight. You can just imagine that exchange.

Scott: "I think we're going to have to fight."

Kessel: *smiles and looks down* *looks back up and sees Scott still looking at him* "Uh, ..(long pause).. okay." *smiles and looks away*

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe how lenient every one is being towards Kessel SWINGING HIS STICK AT SOMEONE TWICE...
I can't tell if this is sarcasm! D:

Something something Kessel his stick at me something something.

We're all Forza alts. Dammit, Cube! Answer my PM...though it was more of a rant than asking.

I can't wait for an exciting 20 point season from Morrow.

I would be more okay with this signing if we had handled bargain bin vets come playoff time better in the past.

At least Morrow still has some grit to his game I guess. Had something like 40 hits for the Pens in the postseason. I couldn't deal with another vet who actively avoided contact at the cost of possession again.

Holiday

Banned
I would be more okay with this signing if we had handled bargain bin vets come playoff time better in the past.

At least Morrow still has some grit to his game I guess. Had something like 40 hits for the Pens in the postseason. I couldn't deal with another vet who actively avoided contact at the cost of possession again.

He'll be better than Macdonald, but that's a low bar. And if Macdonald's excessive ice time in last year's playoffs are anything to go by, it'll be old man hockey again in the spring.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
15* my bad.

Are you only expecting him to play half the year or something?

He's a direct replacement to Clarke MacArthur and he did 20 in 48GP (and it was an awful year for MacArthur)

I'd say if he has a bad year, he will get 20-25

15 points would be around what our 4th liners get

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Are you only expecting him to play half the year or something?

He's a direct replacement to Clarke MacArthur and he did 20 in 48GP (and it was an awful year for MacArthur)

I'd say if he has a bad year, he will get 20-25

15 points would be around what our 4th liners get
Orr got 15 points?! Did the puck hit his fist and he got awarded an assist for that?

I'm actually expecting 20-25 myself. Hopefully, with some bigger players around him, he'll take a few more chances and play more aggressively. If he's gonna hit the goalie in the chest, maybe one of the others will clean up the rebound.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Orr got 15 points?! Did the puck hit his fist and he got awarded an assist for that?

I'm actually expecting 20-25 myself. Hopefully, with some bigger players around him, he'll take a few more chances and play more aggressively. If he's gonna hit the goalie in the chest, maybe one of the others will clean up the rebound.

You will learn to appreciate his skills of falling down with the puck with no opponent around. Happens in like 25-50% of his games.

DopeyFish

Well McClement is our 4th C and he did 17 points last year *shrug*

Silexx

So the jackoffs that make up Ottawa radio are claiming that Bobby Ryan is out of shape and the Sun says he doesn't shoot the puck enough. HE'S PLAYED TWO FUCKING GAMES !!!

He'll be better than Macdonald, but that's a low bar. And if Macdonald's excessive ice time in last year's playoffs are anything to go by, it'll be old man hockey again in the spring.

AMac should've retired before the lockout. I felt awful for him because he was a genuinely awesome guy with a great history. I was able to make it to his first game back after the concussion in 2011-12 and the crowd went ballastic for him.

But jesus christ when Hitch kept him in against LA I lost it. Guy was a liability out there.

DopeyFish

So the jackoffs that make up Ottawa radio are claiming that Bobby Ryan is out of shape and the Sun says he doesn't shoot the puck enough. HE'S PLAYED TWO FUCKING GAMES !!!

Welcome to the hockeybelt

Please trade him to us for liles and franson kthx

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well McClement is our 4th C and he did 17 points last year *shrug*
Only 17? I thought he got more. Still, he's way more valuable to the team than just points.

If Raymond can provide more than 20 poi...
You will learn to appreciate his skills of falling down with the puck with no opponent around. Happens in like 25-50% of his games.
Son of a bitch!

I'm just waiting for Real American Patriot Tim Thomas to be signed.
I thought Fla already signed him?

Solo

One of my buddies that is going to Habs/Leafs season opener with me next week is a big Leafs fan and is having a meltdown over no Clarkson and possibly no Kessel in that game. Hilarious.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Raymond isn't BAD. He'll put up points. He's just also extremely frustrating to watch. His speed and puck-carrying gets him into a lot of good places/chances, which he manages to fuck up in the worst ways too often.

He's like a more clumsy version of Stalberg.

DopeyFish

Only 17? I thought he got more. Still, he's way more valuable to the team than just points.

If Raymond can provide more than 20 poi...

Son of a bitch!

I thought Fla already signed him?

17 points... In a 48 game season....

One of my buddies that is going to Habs/Leafs season opener with me next week is a big Leafs fan and is having a meltdown over no Clarkson and possibly no Kessel in that game. Hilarious.

Dunno why he'd freak out... This isn't like the 2005-06 leafs... We actually have a good lineup and can put up a lot of fight without either

Raymond is a cheap no-risk signing. Is it one-way? He's fast and can kill penalties too.

Perhaps expectations that he'd be a top 6 winger weighed on him in Vancouver. The Toronto media and fans will be equally as ruthless but at least he gets a fresh start. Plus for his salary no one expects much from him in a bottom 6 role.

ZeroGravity

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
Hearing VAN's Weise suspended for balance of pre-season for hit on EDM's Taylor Hall. Awaiting announcement from NHL.

VAN's Zack Kassian gets 5 regular season games and rest of pre-season for highsticking Gagner.
Vancouver suspensions.

Top Bottom