• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
A POWERPLAY GOAL? FOR THE CANUCKS? MADNESS

And that's despite Greiss doing his damn hardest to keep the Canucks from scoring. Without him it'd be like 4-0 by now.

Smiley90

Can we get Alberts off the team already? He's been nothing but a liability in every single game, for fuck's sake.

One of the worst preseason games i've seen the Rangers play in a while. D hung Henrik out to dry all night, and by D I mean the 2 humps that won't be seeing the ice. Richards/Nash stunk tonight. Time to up to offer a few hundo, get Step in the fold and get some better semblance of lines. Kristo, Fast, Lindberg all with good games I thought. Thought Kreider was all over the ice tonight really trying.

jaybeeze

Who is this PHX goalie, jesus.

Off topic, but anyone watch/watching the HIMYM season premiere? 20 minutes in and it's already exceeded my expectations.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kristo, Fast, Staal, and Moore all had really good games. Richards was pretty invisible in this one. Nash had some really nice moves but no finish (kind of reminiscent of the start of last season). Falk and Bickel are garbage. Thought the 4th line had a really high energy game too. Hrivik seems to be falling a little behind Kristo/Lindberg/Fast...gotta think he's probably going to be heading back to Hartford before some of the other guys.

Lundqvist gave up a couple somewhat weak goals but also had a number of flashes of brilliance. Just warming up.

Smiley90

Santorelli and Richardson have been unbelievable pickups by Gillis. For the price, they've been crazy good. Extremely solid 4th liners with an upside.

Tabris

Come out of the penalty box, score a goal. Right on. I'm really looking forward to our 3rd and 4th lines.

By the way guys, this is when I start coming back to the NHL threads :)

jaybeeze

Horvat who wasn't even going to play, now has 2 points on the night. Two really nice plays by him, glad he's getting on the board to boost his confidence.

Smiley90

ROFL Sestito is such a lucker he has Horvat on his line. Horvat with an amazing pass, Sestito tries to deke, loses the puck and it slides underneath the goalie and into the goal anyway lol.
The only way Sestito can score: By fucking up and getting lucky.

Horvat with 2 assists now, awwww yiss

Smiley90

Garrison unleashed a blast from the point. Not even a remote chance for a reaction by Greiss :lol

6-1! Now that's a lot better.

RC

Banned
He was doing well first half of the game...and then the third period happened.

Kind of disappointed by the lack of production from Sedins/Kes/Burr but with the way we won, can't stay disappointed for long.

Yeah save that disappointment for the beginning of the season.

"Who gives a shit" news for everyone else. "About fucking time" news for Ducks fans.

The primary logo is now the webbed foot D. The wordmark logo is now the secondary logo.

14AIoeZ.jpg

"About fucking time".

Also the Ducks won't be wearing the throwback eggplant Mighty Ducks jersey that they'll be wearing later this season for throwback night at the outdoor game. They will be wearing a brand new jersey.

Two 'new' jerseys in one season? We could only be so lucky.

Reddit said:
The rumors I've heard about the Outdoor Game jerseys are that it is the Mighty Ducks jersey in Ducks colours or it's the current third jersey with a Mighty Ducks logo.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Montresor

How is Kessel not suspended? I really hope the NHL has the balls to go through with this. I don't want to hear anything about Kessel "getting away" with his slash in the coming weeks.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
He was doing well first half of the game...and then the third period happened.

Kind of disappointed by the lack of production from Sedins/Kes/Burr but with the way we won, can't stay disappointed for long.
How much does your lovable coach and his defense first philosophy factor into the lack of production?

Haven't seen one Canucks game this preseason...

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
How is Kessel not suspended? I really hope the NHL has the balls to go through with this. I don't want to hear anything about Kessel "getting away" with his slash in the coming weeks.

1) He is suspended.

2) You're the biggest fucking try-hard on this forum. I honestly don't even know who you're trying to impress anymore with this "look at me I'm a Leafs fan that criticizes the Leafs" act because no one likes you anyways. I'm sure you're a good guy, but give the act a rest already.

Montresor

1) He is suspended.

2) You're the biggest fucking try-hard on this forum. I honestly don't even know who you're trying to impress anymore with this "look at me I'm a Leafs fan that criticizes the Leafs" act because no one likes you anyways. I'm sure you're a good guy, but give the act a rest already.

Sorry you feel that way.

None of my posts are an act.

I'm more of a guy who is extremely sensitive to Leaf criticism, rather than someone who overly criticizes the Leafs. The post you quoted is more me saying "I hope he gets at least a one-game suspension so that we don't have to hear the Habs/Sens/Canucks fanbitches moaning about it."

I think my biggest contribution to this thread in the past month has been giving Sammy/gaming_noob (can't remember who) shit for reminiscing about Frattin. And you're saying I'm putting on an act as an overcritical Leafs fan?

gaming_noob

Hey mayne I'm just posting here for fun and taking a break from the gaming side. This place feels like a resort compared to the gaming side. I hope no one takes my posts personally. Mostly I'm just at work and posting during down time.

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN 41m
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said re: Florida ownership that 2 parties are working toward transaction, expects it to be consummated quickly
Mmmmmhmmm. More to the rumor that this will be done before opening night. Also that Thomas, Boyes, and likely Gilbert all are waiting for new ownership to officially take over to get their contracts signed.

Mmmmmhmmm. More to the rumor that this will be done before opening night. Also that Thomas, Boyes, and likely Gilbert all are waiting for new ownership to officially take over to get their contracts signed.

Apparently the guy who is leading this group is an Alumnus of my school, hopefully they can get him in to talk about it afterwards.

Samyy

Sorry you feel that way.

None of my posts are an act.

I'm more of a guy who is extremely sensitive to Leaf criticism, rather than someone who overly criticizes the Leafs. The post you quoted is more me saying "I hope he gets at least a one-game suspension so that we don't have to hear the Habs/Sens/Canucks fanbitches moaning about it."

I think my biggest contribution to this thread in the past month has been giving Sammy/gaming_noob (can't remember who) shit for reminiscing about Frattin. And you're saying I'm putting on an act as an overcritical Leafs fan?

FRATTIN IS GOING TO BE A STUD!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight's lineup in Edmonton is pretty interesting. A whole bunch of the guys fighting for a spot getting another chance tonight.

Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hrivik-Lindberg-Kristo
Kreider-Miller-Asham
Haley-D.Moore-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Allen
Johnson-Hughes

Biron

I'm really hoping we get at least one or two preseason games with the full real defense. Maybe the game in Vegas against the Kings on Friday.

Looking forward to seeing JT Miller back on the ice.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Haters be damned I enjoy seeing Montresor freak out over these things. Reminds me of when I was younger and would do the same thing.

I live my fandom through you Mont!

yyzjohn

Banned
1) He is suspended.

Strong medicine from the doctor.

dem

2013-2014 NHL Regular Season - Total Points - Jason Spezza (OTT)
Over/Under 63½

Is this not the biggest stone cold lock bet ever?
I mean.. unless he has a major injury again.. but cmon.

Top Bottom