• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Solo

You'd go to Edmonton for a raise?! D:

Already lived there for a year, brah! I'll go to any hell hole for a raise!

Actually no, which is why I'm really having to give this a lot of thought. I chased the money before when I went to Edmonton, and on the whole that was a dreadful experience.

EDIT: TUSR - yep, had it almost 2 years now and am at about 7 years experience overall. And yes, this is a management position which is why there is the big jump in money.

TUSR

Banned
lol I don't blame you one bit. Many days I've contemplated doing other things.

Numerical Analysis
Mechanics of Solids II
Theory of Mechanisms
Mechanics of Fluids
Engineering Design
Energy Conversion

next semester sounds swell.

Im so sick of 6-7 courses a semester

First thing you should do is shift towards Vancouver.

My nurse friend/future wife told me to come do medicine in Vancouver. Sounds like I have a shot.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My nurse friend/future wife told me to come do medicine in Vancouver. Sounds like I have a shot.

At least an A- average, a good volunteering record and a great MCAT score?

Not to mention the natural science prereq courses.

Also lol@"future wife"

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I know there were one or two Canuck fans who (incorrectly) thought Ehrhoff has been terrible in Buffalo, so this might be surprising:
Breaking my NHL commentary exile to call this out as

BULLLLLLL

SHEEEEEEEEEEIT

Ehrhoff was an amazing asset to the team and we missed him terribly. That entire run up to his leaving was sportstalk radio fodder about whether or not the Canucks would be able to contort their financial picture in order to keep him. It didn't happen, he left, and we were sad. We knew what we had in Christian, and it's a shame we couldn't make it work. God that sounds like some sad divorce movie recap on Lifetime, ugh.

As a young man, I would have let that girl ruin my life for 3-6 months before she took off with all my CD's and a bunch of my shit and I would have told you it was worth it. You'd have been all like "calder dude, she's fucking nuts and terrible for you and I think she's a meth addict and I'm almost certain she blows random dudes at the bar every night you're not there" and I'd have said "Yeah maybe so random guy I know from NHL-GAF, but I love her and besides she said she'll change. Also let's listen to that Oasis album again because it's 1996 and that shit is tight."
yeah dude

TUSR

Banned
At least an A- average, a good volunteering record and a great MCAT score?

Not to mention the natural science prereq courses.

Also lol@"future wife"

Yeah im around an A avg in Engineering

I have a few years to work on my volunteering, might do some Ecuador trips with my buddy who got accepted to Med at UBCO.

HEY MAN, she lives in Vancouver too.

Fei

Eh, you guys are being a bit sensitive about Ehrhoff. All I said was one or two Canuck fans said thought he was bad in Buffalo (which is certainly true as Tabris said that multiple times).

Unless you're objecting to the article blurb. In that case, it was mixed here. You guys weren't exactly screaming bloody murder when you lost Ehrhoff. A quick search will show one Canuck Gaffer calling him your #4 defenseman. I think most of you just viewed him as a cap casualty (which is true).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah im around an A avg in Engineering

I have a few years to work on my volunteering, might do some Ecuador trips with my buddy who got accepted to Med at UBCO.

HEY MAN, she lives in Vancouver too.

Is she Quick's cousin?

/totallynotracistjoke

Eh, you guys are being a bit sensitive about Ehrhoff. All I said was one or two Canuck fans said thought he was bad in Buffalo (which is certainly true as Tabris said that multiple times).

Unless you're objecting to the article blurb. In that case, it was a bit mixed. You guys weren't exactly screaming bloody murder when you lost Ehrhoff. A quick search will show one Canuck Gaffer calling him your #4 defenseman.

Personally, I was only talking about the article. I was sad to see him go, but it wasn't with bad blood. I imagine that was most Canuck-fans' reaction.

As for your post, like Soc said, it wouldn't surprise me somebody said that.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
WTF are you listening to him for :|

Socreges

Banned

Unless you're objecting to the article blurb. In that case, it was mixed here. You guys weren't exactly screaming bloody murder when you lost Ehrhoff. A quick search will show one Canuck Gaffer calling him your #4 defenseman. I think most of you just viewed him as a cap casualty (which is true).
Yes:

It wasn't too long ago that Canucks fans were cool with seeing him walk in free agency; now, they'd give up a kidney to see him driving play from the back-end for their team.
That isn't true. I'm sure there was a minority that underrated him after he left, but the blurb above completely misrepresents the general sentiment.

And I might give up a kidney to get him back. But not if it meant a ten-year contract.

calder

Haha Tabris is like an endless get out of jail free card for anyone arguing with Canucks fans. It's legitimately great. Socreges has a bunch of actual research in his cogent and reasoned rebuttal? Smelly dropping sciency words all over? bish dashing off pithy one liners calling out your lazy straw man fallacy? Trap card fuckers, allow me to pull 3 outrageous Tabris quotes from this rusty oil barrel overflowing with choice Tabrocities.

Also, NHLGAF pls. Makin' me blush. But thanks.

Jayhawk

In addition to calder's greatness... Jets no longer in the same conference as the Maple Leafs, so I can't hate them as much anymore.

calder

Calder, I think I hate the Jets less because of you.

ibcleh2wxjzlitn4bbp.gif

We're still bitter enemies, dude. :) Just wait until the Jets/Leafs 2015 SCF, we'll both get permabanned.

Nah I can't, your gifs alone make you impossible to hate. It kills me inside but Leafs GAF isn't that bad really, which sucks because I really enjoy trolling the Leafs.

Where was the article even from? You didn't even post a link.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Haha Tabris is like an endless get out of jail free card for anyone arguing with Canucks fans. It's legitimately great. Socreges has a bunch of actual research in his cogent and reasoned rebuttal? Smelly dropping sciency words all over? bish dashing off pithy one liners calling out your lazy straw man fallacy? Trap card fuckers, allow me to pull 3 outrageous Tabris quotes from this rusty oil barrel overflowing with choice Tabrocities.

Also, NHLGAF pls. Makin' me blush. But thanks.
My_trap_card.jpg

I just wanted to post that picture, it makes me laugh every time

It's as strong as his hate for that other J word.
Jumanji?

Tabris

Ehrhoff was overrated due to being on the Canucks. He had the Sedins feeding him with Burrows or Kesler perfectly screening the net. Any d-man can score with that combo (Aaron Rome scored with that combo)

Goes from back to back 14 goal seasons to back to back 5 goal seasons. Lemon.

Fei

Where was the article even from? You didn't even post a link.

It was from the article Curufinwe posted right above on advanced analytics of defensemen.

Ehrhoff was overrated due to being on the Canucks. He had the Sedins feeding him with Burrows or Kesler perfectly screening the net. Any d-man can score with that combo (Aaron Rome scored with that combo)

Goes from back to back 14 goal seasons to back to back 5 goal seasons. Lemon.

And there you go, haha.

Top Bottom