• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

JFbd.gif

Calder all over my face.

Too bad the show's a huge letdown.
It is but now I feel a bit obligated to watch it lol. I've putting it on to go sleep for the past week, but this is crazy. If anyone cares for it he's the Irish cousin who leads the chick to the Irish cop grandpa. Confirmed it on IMDB too, now I can't sleep.

Potential Canucks starting lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Shinkaruk-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Santorelli-Higgins
Richardson-Horvat-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Garrison-Weber

Luongo
Lack

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Panthers will make the playoffs on the back of Florida Man Tim Thomas.

Solo

Its nice that Bournival and Tinordi made it, but lets be honest....chances are neither are going to get the AGally/BGally opportunity this year.

Bournival will be slotted on the 4th line, and we've already got 3 guys there (Moen/Prust/White), and 4 when Parros is healthy. Bournival likely gets sent down unless White becomes a shithead again (quite likely actually, lol).

And as much as Tinordi might deserve to be above Murray and Boullion in the depth chart, I can't see Therrien benching either of them in favor of Tinordi. I think he'll stick with the team, but probably as the 7th d-man.

Both will get their real chance NEXT season, I think.

RC

Banned
I might've just met the most pathetic group of men ever. 10 guys decided the best way to trick ladies into thinking they played for the Canucks was to all wear suits. Granted this was at the Roxy, but still, they weren't fooling anybody.
I might as well just tell women I play for the whitecaps. Not that it would impress anyone.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So apparently Franson is still an RFA next summer. Don't know why he wanted 1 year if that's the case.

He gets back his arbitration rights. He opted not to use them offseason as some suspect he probably wouldn't have got a great one year deal with it.

Cake Boss

Banned
So I am guessing Conacher locked up that top 6 RW spot, and Pageau made the team.

Michalek- Spezza- Ryan
MacArthur- Turris- Conacher
Smith- Zibenejad- Neil
Greening- Pageau- Condra
Kassian/Dabossta

Methot- Karlsson
Cowen- Weircioch
Philips (fuck) - Uh oh Joe Corvo
Gryballs

Anderson
Franchise goalie

@GeorgeRichards: Gary Bettman on new #FlaPanthers owner: we open a new chapter; a new era of unprecedented commitment. Will have all resources to win

@GeorgeRichards: Bettman: it's great for nhl to be in south florida...any questions on franchise moving now put to rest "forever" #FlaPanthers

What I wanted to hear. Also Bill Torrey is in the room.

So I am guessing Conacher locked up that top 6 RW spot, and Pageau made the team.

Michalek- Spezza- Ryan
Smith- Zibenejad- Neil
Greening- Pageau- Condra
Kassian/Dabossta

Methot- Karlsson
Cowen- Weircioch
Gryballs

Anderson
Franchise goalie

:(

Keep forgetting Stars have Horcoff.

There's gonna be so many "oh shit I forgot they signed/traded for them" moments this season.

Schneider and Jagr in Devils uniforms still does my head in.

gaming_noob

EA Sports predicts the St Louis Blues will win the 2013-14 Stanley Cup. http://www.sbnation.com/2013/9/26/4770616/nhl-news-ea-sports-nhl-14-simulation

-Blues beating Pens 4-2 series
-Alex Pietrangelo winning the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP.
-St. Louis finishes second in the Central Division and third overall in the Western Conference
-The Chicago Blackhawks projected to win the Presidents' Trophy for the second straight year with 109 points, only losing out to the Blues in the Western Conference finals
-Sidney Crosby will win the Art Ross Trophy and Hart Trophy
-Jonathan Drouin is awarded the Calder Memorial Trophy
-Steven Stamkos is projected to win the Rocket Richard Trophy with 64 goals scored.

For reference they predicted the Rangers to win last year...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone mention that Brodeur's father, Denis, passed away yesterday?

He was always at the games with his camera.

Michalek- Spezza- Ryan
Smith- Zibenejad- Neil
Greening- Pageau- Condra
Kassian/Dabossta

Methot- Karlsson
Cowen- Weircioch
Gryballs

Anderson
Franchise goalie

Looking solid, especially defence. Just scared of injuries >_<

Cake Boss

Banned
Jim bobby Bob cleared waivers, remember when this guy was our leading scorer 1/3 into last season, then something happened and he never saw a game again.

Howden and Butler sent down to the AHL. Means Winchester will make the 4th line. He had good looks on the PK in preseason. Also Boyes is a lock. Lines pending but so far it looks like:

Hubey-Goc-Flash
Boyes-Barkov-Versteeg
Mattias-Shore-Kopecky
Upshall-Gomez-Crabb
Winchester

Campbell-Gudbranson
Kulikov-Weaver
Gilbert-Robak
Gilroy

Thomas
Markstrom

IR: Bergenheim, Jovo, Pinizzotto, Bjugstad

EA Sports predicts the St Louis Blues will win the 2013-14 Stanley Cup. http://www.sbnation.com/2013/9/26/4770616/nhl-news-ea-sports-nhl-14-simulation

-Blues beating Pens 4-2 series
-Alex Pietrangelo winning the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP.
-St. Louis finishes second in the Central Division and third overall in the Western Conference
-The Chicago Blackhawks projected to win the Presidents' Trophy for the second straight year with 109 points, only losing out to the Blues in the Western Conference finals
-Sidney Crosby will win the Art Ross Trophy and Hart Trophy
-Jonathan Drouin is awarded the Calder Memorial Trophy
-Steven Stamkos is projected to win the Rocket Richard Trophy with 64 goals scored.

For reference they predicted the Rangers to win last year...

We video game cup now.

I'm pretty sure they're not using the realignment changes at a cursory glance though.

We got yet another project Defenseman for Bishop. You got Conacher.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wings/Leafs tonight! HBO camera's are there for some B-roll, hopefully we get an awkward Kessel interview from the press box!

MacAttack

Panthers will make the playoffs on the back of Florida Man Tim Thomas.

Agree.

I would love to see the Bruins get matched up against the Panthers in the playoffs. It's too bad the two teams cant match up until the Conference finals (if I understand the new playoff format correctly).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
When was the last time a Canucks prospect made the team right after the draft? Not to mention TWO prospects from the most recent draft at the same time?

Stoked for Horvat&Shinkaruk to at least get 5-9 games. Then next season... Hrrrrng.

Don't make us regret not taking Nichushkin, Horvat! Shinkaruk was such a steal at the draft. That he's already played with Horvat is just the cherry on top.

Top Bottom