• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Good to hear. Wonder when they will try a different centre on that line?
They won't separate DD from Patches because he's the only winger who can compensate for DDs weaknesses and DD can't play wing. I think DD will be gone by next season, he doesn't fit at all and there's no space for him. I'd rather they put Briere with Ellers line and Gally with Patches / DD again, they already have the chemistry and Briere and A.Gally looked great together.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, this Corrado rookie kid is pretty good at hockey.

Heard Weber breathing down his neck for the 6th D spot, decided to score. Good man.

Red_Man

Beaulieu and Dumont sent to Hamilton, so Tinordi and Bournival are on the team for now. Great to hear, Bournival adds speed and a scoring threat we haven't had on that line in forever.

Smiley90

So far, great forecheck by the Canucks, and when the forecheck fails Luongo has been sharp. Liking the start.

MPW

i can't see habs winning their division this season

habs are not winning the cup

at best, 2nd round playoff exit

hopefully PK is signed long term by the end of this year and Galchenyuk has a good season

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That Pouliot-Brassard-Nash line looks like it can be lethal. They were only juuuuuuust off on a few plays.

Overall a pretty good period. First goal was pretty blatant interference, but it feels like the guys are still sloppy back in the defensive end. So much focus on being offensive, aggressive on forechecking, and having the defense get in low that they've gotten away from some of the basics on D. Gonna take a while of playing in the new system before they really get it down, I guess.

Smiley90

Henrik Sedin with two goals, folks. You would have to see it to believe it.

if Tanev scores, someone should check the temperature in hell.

the fun part was that Henrik just had to "stand" there, with nobody around, to tap it in :lol
How the fuck does Henrik Sedin get left alone like that?

It's not like you're supposed to cover the best player on the other team...

jaybeeze

Good grief, our powerplay is so much more exciting.

Henrik Sedin with a tip off the post. If he gets a hatty, I don't know what I'd do.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lundqvist is getting all kinds of unlucky deflections, angles, and redirections tonight. Usually he can pick those up, though.

Blech.

Smiley90

Lundqvist is getting all kinds of unlucky deflections, angles, and redirections tonight. Usually he can pick those up, though.

Blech.

Yeah he's not looked very good, surprisingly.

SHINKARUUUUUK.

Making a stronger and stronger case for starting on the team. Damn.

Red_Man

A. Gally and B. Gally last year, Tinordi and Bournival this year. Feels good man, along with Beaulieu, Nygren, Pateryn, LeBlanc, and Thomas all knocking on the door as well.

Smiley90

Now Bieksa with a fight, too!?! It's funny because he's actually a pretty great fight, but hardly ever fights. He's too good to take himself out for 5mins. Guess because it's the preseason and we're up by 5 lol.

Red_Man

Bieska seems too good of a player to be fighting in preseason. They should just ban it in pre-season, it's pointless and 95% of fights are started from AHL scrubs trying to prove their worth.

TUSR

Banned
Bieska seems too good of a player to be fighting in preseason. They should just ban it in pre-season, it's pointless and 95% of fights are started from AHL scrubs trying to prove their worth.

AHL goons trying to fill a bottom roster spot.

Red_Man

AHL goons trying to fill a bottom roster spot.
Same thing. Prust has fought two of them, ridiculous to risk yourself to injury to oblige some nobodies.

Anderson has been known to make pretty good saves, but lets all those greasy goals go in. Anderson likes to cheat a lot, too.
It wasn't a bad goal, Plekanec sniped it, it's just amusing the context of the goal compared to all the other shots he stops.

jaybeeze

Gauncer and Corrado sent down to the OHL and AHL, respectively.

Bit disappointed for Corrado, he had a strong game tonight. But he said himself he'd rather play big minutes in the AHL so :/

Smiley90

Gauncer and Corrado sent down to the OHL and AHL, respectively.

Bit disappointed for Corrado, he had a strong game tonight. But he said himself he'd rather play big minutes in the AHL so :/

whaaaaaaaat? No way! I was sure he'd be our Nr.6 :( I guess that means Weber is our Nr. 6 then... well... damn.

Red_Man

whaaaaaaaat? No way! I was sure he'd be our Nr.6 :( I guess that means Weber is our Nr. 6 then... well... damn.
ioNGCD3GUJaiH.gif

May he give you questionable defensive coverage sprinkled with a few goals on top.

Smiley90

ioNGCD3GUJaiH.gif

May he give you questionable defensive coverage sprinkled with a few goals on top.

That... was about what he seemed to be during the pre-season game. Not consistently bad defensively, but a few fuckups. Let's hope those disappear as he gets more used to the team.

Smiley90

how the hell isn't that guy banned? thats some seriously fucked up shit.

also, when is Soc back?

To be fair, that's what the thread was asking for. He was literally answering the thread. Not his fault that his particular fetish is majorly fucked up.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not going to put too much stock into that game because, you know, preseason, but the fact remains that that was our starting defense and the closest thing to a real lineup we've put on the ice yet. A little disconcerting...

I'm also still waiting for this new and improved Brad Richards to show up.

Top Bottom