• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

ShaneB

Yes it does, it's the days between each UFC event.

Unless you're referring to Bellator or whatever, but seriously, yawn.

Well technically Bellator does have an off season since they do run a season/tournament format. And UFC specifically averages events every 2 or 3 weeks, with some stretches of events every weekend. so if that counts as on offseason to you, ah well.

Anyways! Only thing coming out of Gamescom I care about is the XCOM XPAC, that should be great.

TUSR

Banned
Speaking of GAF being on fire, the Bradley/Chelsea Manning thread is like going through sensitivity training. Some GAFfers can use some sensitivity training.

Here's a nugget:
At least you don't have to take sensativity training because the woman's union at your university lobbied for the whole engineering department to take a course in it.

Fucking neck beards making rape jokes to the nursing department.

Anyways! Only thing coming out of Gamescom I care about is the XCOM XPAC, that should be great.

And how little there is to care, the game will now be complete with this "expansion".

I love the shit out if the X-COM series, but the hand holding in EU is unbearable and really hinders the experience of an X-COM game.

Terror from the Deep really set my expectations high back from its 1994 release or whatever year it was. If I made a list, it would be close to my top 5 games of all time.

@Solo: you hear the news that Episode 7 is going to be shot on film?

ShaneB

And how little there is to care, the game will now be complete with this "expansion".

I love the shit out if the X-COM series, but the hand holding in EU is unbearable and really hinders the experience of an X-COM game.

Terror from the Deep really set my expectations high back from its 1994 release or whatever year it was. If I made a list, it would be close to my top 5 games of all time.

I loved EU and never really played much of the original games when they came out. So more XCOM content is a-ok by me. I just want Steam Workshop support and I think multiplayer would be interesting if they just had set teams created and able to balance it that way.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Would you say that it was the "okay movie of the summer"?

Got my ticket to The World's End for later today. Can't wait.

Yeah, it and Into Darkness are my official Okay Movies of Summer '13.

Iron Man 3 was a drag. Pacific Rim was cool though.

World's End i'm way stoked for. Going next week.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Hope to see the Worlds End tonight, if not sometime next week hopefully.

Also at the final two episodes of Season 2 of Doctor Who :)

I used to dismiss the show, that was a mistake. Going to miss
Rose

calder

One of the Illegal Curve humps on TSN1290 just now:

"It's every Jets fan's dream that Teemu would come back to Winnipeg for his last season..."

No, fuck off, that's not only not every fans dream but it's a horrible idea and one that neither Teemu nor the team would be remotely interested in. Go back making unfunny jokes about the Metro division name jesus.

Either this off-season is super long, my tolerance for wasting time reading bullshit has gone way down, or both.. because it feels like GAF is filled with more and more threads where the emotionally sensitive rule and everyone makes it a point to get hyper-offended at everything. It's making me read more (books) so it can't be all that bad. I can't even imagine going through a ten page, probably fake Girl-age thread anymore, and reading the idiocy that ensues

I'm afraid The World's End will suck. Shaun of the Dead is one of my favorite movies, but I can not get into Hot Fuzz for the life of me. I've tried many times but its just not funny to me.

I will admit that I used to think Luongo was a dickhead, but now think he's probably the most well adjusted person on that team

"I'm a slasher"

Hot Fuzz is more layered with more subtleties. Every time I watch I notice new things. The Model Village is a good example of that.

Exactly, there is just so much sprinkled throughout the movie that shows up later on that it shows how brilliant it is. Also not too mention the story:
This whole complex and grand scheme about the murders turns into something simple as people getting killed just to win the Village of the Year award

So, the Blues have a new ticket policy that prevents single game ticket purchases for 4 games this season, two of which are against CHI, one the opener, one Detroit.

The reason?

STL Post-Dispatch said:
In recent years, the Blackhawks have attracted huge crowds to Scottrade Center, at times taking over the in-game atmosphere.

Apparently Nashville is implementing a similar strategy.

Edit: Oh god the bandwagoning in the comments of this article.

So, the Blues have a new ticket policy that prevents single game ticket purchases for 4 games this season, two of which are against CHI, one the opener, one Detroit.

The reason?

Apparently Nashville is implementing a similar strategy.

Edit: Oh god the bandwagoning in the comments of this article.

How can people get tickets to games then?

My buddy goes to SLU and I told him to be obnoxious if he can go this year

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
WHAT IS THIS

BetaMax.jpg

Keep tryin, brah

Acid08

Banned
Shaun is still my favorite although Hot Fuzz is brilliant. Both of them still get better with every viewing, it's insane.

Samyy

I hope we sign Kadri soon....
If we had to start the season without our best center, goddamn.
Get it done soon Nonis so I can start looking forward to the season >.<

Montresor

Thats the joke.

Alright I just saw your post in the Killzone thread. People are entitled to their own opinion but you can't be surprised at the reactions to your opinion... you were being inflammatory on purpose, lol. You could have just said "this looks boring god dammit. COD looks better."

Oh come the fuck on, he intentionally went into a games thread and posted an inflammatory comment, its the same shit you complain about Sony fanboys doing.

Defensive aren't we. :p

I know it's cakeboss being cakeboss, should have put /sarcasm at the end of my post

Top Bottom