• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Acid08

Banned
Man, the Robocop remake thread got bumped and reminded me that that's a thing. Don't know how I feel about it. I LOVE Robocop and ironically like 2 and 3. Afraid it'll just end up being turned into just another middle of the road, no personality blockbuster like the Total Recall remake was.

ShaneB

Little late, but yes, Link to the Past is the best Zelda game. Not that I haven't enjoyed the others, but LttP is still king.

Well my backlog is starting to clear up some more now, just finished Gears of War: Judgement, Campaign and the Aftermath campaign were pretty good. The MP leaves a lot to be desired but the campaigns were really fun and I enjoyed them.

MacAttack

Rask...

RASK!?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

At first I was like...
Rask1.jpg
But then I was like...
five minutes later...

MacAttack

Remember that time where he lost a 3-0 series lead, almost blew a 3-1, and then blew a Stanley Cup?
I remember David Krejci getting hurt during Rasks rookie season and relying on the likes of Vladimir Svbotka, Miro Satan and a confused Marc Savard to carry the team.

As for last season, I'd put the blame on Chara's age and Seguins immaturity before I'd get to Rask.

ShaneB

I've used just this one avatar during my tenure here, only adding modifications for events/season, mainly the cup playoffs, and Christmas I think.

Stasis

Just like that, EA proves that the team working on the NHL series does not contain a single true fan of the sport. Or at the very least if there is one, he's simply not positioned to make a difference.

I'd have a hard time biting my tongue if I worked on that team and saw the rankings going live like that.

There are discrepancies all over the place, and I won't even homer it up. Girardi and Nash are ranked too high. Pacioretty and Price are too. Suter is a 92 and went back to Nashville? I mean it's so fucking obvious this game is an afterthought. A cash grab just because no one else is making an NHL game, so they may as well get the money. One day we'll have something good. We can hope. Maybe for next-gen consoles they'll obtain a decent budget and care a little. That's what I keep telling myself =/

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just like that, EA proves that the team working on the NHL series does not contain a single true fan of the sport. Or at the very least if there is one, he's simply not positioned to make a difference.

I'd have a hard time biting my tongue if I worked on that team and saw the rankings going live like that.

There are discrepancies all over the place, and I won't even homer it up. Girardi and Nash are ranked too high. Pacioretty and Price are too. Suter is a 92 and went back to Nashville? I mean it's so fucking obvious this game is an afterthought. A cash grab just because no one else is making an NHL game, so they may as well get the money. One day we'll have something good. We can hope. Maybe for next-gen consoles they'll obtain a decent budget and care a little. That's what I keep telling myself =/
Except that EA doesn't actually do the ratings for their players. They've been outsourcing that shit since NHL 97 to STATs INC or some other company. Blame those guys, not EA.

I'd also agree that this years game is a total afterthought no matter what they say. My money is that they've been working on the next gen version the whole time 14 has been in development. So I hope a 1.5 year dev cycle for NHL 15 is enough to actually make it feel different and play different. I feel sorry for the B team which now has to continue making the NHL games for 360 and PS3 for the next 4 years.

BTW - here's the top 10

10. J. Quick (LAK) – OVR 91

09. R. Suter (MIN) – OVR 92

08. S. Weber (NSH) – OVR 92

07. J. Toews (CHI) – OVR 92

06. E. Malkin (PIT) – OVR 92

05. S. Stamkos (TBL) – OVR 92

04. Z. Chara (BOS) – OVR 94

03. A. Ovechkin (WSH) – OVR 94

02. P. Datsyuk (DET) – OVR 95

01. S. Crosby (PIT) – OVR 95

calder

NHL Pre-season Predictions: Central Division - No. 7 Winnipeg Jets
THN’s PRE-SEASON PREDICTION: No. 7 in Central Division
2013: 24-21-3. 9th in East.

That sounds possible but pretty pessimistic really, we aren't a top 3 Central team I don't doubt but I think we could slid into a wildcard spot.

article_53131_2alaoc.jpg

"What? No I'm not pursing my lips in disapproval at THN's bullshit prediction, I thought I saw Quick in the stands. Love that guy, those Kessel photoshops crack me up."

Acid08

Banned
:lol at the video and congrats hrtc and dstrdl.

Why do professional athletes like playing golf so much? I never got why that garbage is the official offseason pastime.

Quick

Banned
I like going to a driving range and hitting balls. I'd probably just fuck around with the golf cart if I were in a course.

TEEEEEEEMMMMMMMUUUUUUUU

Never doubted it for a second.

Also the official final season. Hope he kills it and overtakes Jagr in pretty much everything.

#Cup4Koivu

Top Bottom