• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

The dark ages.

11168982-large.jpg

Twas a great time in hockey... Vladdy :(

Marvie_3

Banned
How good is this guy really? It's hard to see how many games he kept the Hawks in and how many games he stole when they dominated pretty much the entire season.

He's decent, but that was definitely an overpayment. 4yrs/$20M is the absolute highest I would throw towards him. $4.5 is about where he should be at. He can steal games here and there (he was the biggest reason Chicago almost upset Vancouver in 2011) but if the defense in front of him is bad, he's not somebody thats going to single handedly win a lot of games for you.

2 years ago, Chicago's defense was terrible, goaltending was terrible. This year, Chicago's defense was much deeper, so both goaltenders saw their numbers go way up.

If Chicago can get Hjalmarsson signed to a new deal and the cap goes up in a hurry, it probably won't be as bad as it looks right now. I still don't like the 6 year term though.

Hey guys, I am trying to really pay attention to hockey this season as I think it looks like a ton of fun to watch, but ESPN rarely has games on during the season, so where can I watch some games at?

Marvie_3

Banned
Hey guys, I am trying to really pay attention to hockey this season as I think it looks like a ton of fun to watch, but ESPN rarely has games on during the season, so where can I watch some games at?
ESPN shows tons of hockey games. You must be watching at the wrong time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

ESPN doesn't show any games.

NBC Sports Network is the best place to watch games, as is the NHL Network.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Thank you! As a fan of sports I have never really given pro hockey a chance, but this season I will change that

Glad to hear, and welcome to the board. NBC Sports Network shows a lot of games, as will your local Fox Sports station if you're in the right area.

Quick

Banned
Franson might sign a 1-year deal

Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050 said:
Seems likely that Cody Franson may have no choice but to accept 1-year deal, hope for something better next summer.

Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN105 said:
Frustrating process yet again for Franson, who finished t-sixth in points among NHL D in 2013. Signed hours after lockout ended last year.

Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN105 said:
In opting for the one-year deal (he'd like something longer), Franson could cash in next summer (when the cap rises) with another good year.

Samyy

Well its better then nothing. Going to be big decisions made next summer if there isn't an increase in the cap.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Do we seriously not have an investment/finance-gaf or am I just too blind to find it?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
He's decent, but that was definitely an overpayment. 4yrs/$20M is the absolute highest I would throw towards him. $4.5 is about where he should be at. He can steal games here and there (he was the biggest reason Chicago almost upset Vancouver in 2011) but if the defense in front of him is bad, he's not somebody thats going to single handedly win a lot of games for you.

2 years ago, Chicago's defense was terrible, goaltending was terrible. This year, Chicago's defense was much deeper, so both goaltenders saw their numbers go way up.

If Chicago can get Hjalmarsson signed to a new deal and the cap goes up in a hurry, it probably won't be as bad as it looks right now. I still don't like the 6 year term though.

I guess it isn't too bad since there weren't exactly a lot of good goalies available. That's not a bad price for a dependable goalie though. Better than overpaying and having a ridiculous term and then getting stuck with a goalie you can't trade.

Top Bottom