• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Tabris

How is game centre? Can you stream all games in HD yet? Any issues with buffering?

What clients are available? (web browser, xbox, and?)

Entropia

No One Remembers
How is game centre? Can you stream all games in HD yet? Any issues with buffering?

What clients are available? (web browser, xbox, and?)

I loved it last season and I'll be renewing it for this season. Pretty much every game I watched was in HD. I view it on my Roku, but you can watch it on your browser, PS3, Xbox, etc.

There's really only 2 reasons that you'd want to get a Roku though:
1) You want to watch any hockey game you can, whenever
or
2) You cheer for a team that's out of market. If I was a Leafs fan, getting Gamecenter would be pointless because all the games would be blacked out.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I imagine I'm going to get Gamecenter again anyways, but I want to wait and see if Bell will offer it bundled with Center Ice (which they have in the past). They didn't last year, maybe because of the short season?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
GMs need to sack up and start causing trouble. I'd be the bad boy of hockey General Management. Screwjobs left and right.

Have you seen this yet?

Arthur StapleVerified account
‏@StapeNewsday
#Isles will have their new captain in place by the start of camp, I'm told -- @91Tavares will be named early next week.

calder

I loved it last season and I'll be renewing it for this season. Pretty much every game I watched was in HD. I view it on my Roku, but you can watch it on your browser, PS3, Xbox, etc.

There's really only 2 reasons that you'd want to get a Roku though:
1) You want to watch any hockey game you can, whenever
or
2) You cheer for a team that's out of market. If I was a Leafs fan, getting Gamecenter would be pointless because all the games would be blacked out.

I will probably resub again, largely because I have to pay $10 a month for Jets TV anyway (ugh) and since I use unblock.us for Netflix I can watch the blacked out games too.

But damn, what an annoying website still. Come on NHL. And I will rage if the PS3 app is delayed again... and now I'm wondering if it will be on PS4 at launch. Hmm, maybe I'll wait a bit on GCL, no sense giving them an interest free loan for a month. :p

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6h

Kadri believed to be looking long-term (6 yrs in Tavares stratosphere of $5.5M per). Leafs want short, 2 yrs at P.K. Subban $ ($2.875M per).

Nazem Kadri ‏@43_Kadri 39s

@TSNBobMcKenzie false bobo

Shots fired

Tomorrow I get a chance at early Habs tickets. Season is so close!

What are Hab ticket prices like this season?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6h

Kadri believed to be looking long-term (6 yrs in Tavares stratosphere of $5.5M per). Leafs want short, 2 yrs at P.K. Subban $ ($2.875M per).

Nazem Kadri ‏@43_Kadri 39s

@TSNBobMcKenzie false bobo

Shots fired

7 years $7M per

Solo

What are Hab ticket prices like this season?

When I was last there in November 2011: Reds were $200 for optimum games
When I plan to go in October 2013: Reds are $270 for optimum games.

Ugh.

And of course, we're going to Toronto/Montreal season opener, which falls under optimum.

When I was last there in November 2011: Reds were $200 for optimum games
When I plan to go in October 2013: Reds are $270 for optimum games.

Ugh.

And of course, we're going to Toronto/Montreal season opener, which falls under optimum.

Ouch, I'll just assume that is cheaper than what Montreal/Toronto would cost here.......it's like a Super Premium+ Extreme Kamikaze Edition game or something

I'm not even going to try for any game other than Ducks/Leafs

My run of attending Leafs home openers lasted 3 or 4 years =/

calder

Wait, how the hell do I unsubscribe from GCL? I went to nhl.com/gclaccount but while I see my account info there's no option to turn off autorenew, and if I remove my CC number or info it won't let me save as they are all mandatory fields.

I don't think it's a browser issue, I just tried in IE in addition to Chrome. Same pages.

Smiley90

Wait, how the hell do I unsubscribe from GCL? I went to nhl.com/gclaccount but while I see my account info there's no option to turn off autorenew, and if I remove my CC number or info it won't let me save as they are all mandatory fields.

I don't think it's a browser issue, I just tried in IE in addition to Chrome. Same pages.

That's weird, I just went into "billing" and there's a box "i agree to participate in auto-renewal etcetc", very prominently displayed oO.

Top right "billing" of this page: http://www.nhl.com/ice/gamecenterlive.htm?id=2012030416

calder

That's weird, I just went into "billing" and there's a box "i agree to participate in auto-renewal etcetc", very prominently displayed oO.

Top right "billing" of this page: http://www.nhl.com/ice/gamecenterlive.htm?id=2012030416

Lol wat. yeah that's just where I am, the link takes me to the "update billing info" page, and I see all my info there, but there is no checkbox or anything.

gclwtfvebrh.png

Bizarre. I wonder if I was too late? That would be incredibly lame, but I'm at a loss.

Oh well, I was able to update the CC info to mostly defunct card I have that my wife set up with an old US address on it, it certainly won't go through. Still, very weird, unless I'm just doing something incredibly stupid.

I had a checkbox to kill autorenew. Try filling out the contact support form to get them to kill it?

Yeah, may do that still, just in case.

Smiley90

Lol wat. yeah that's just where I am, the link takes me to the "update billing info" page, and I see all my info there, but there is no checkbox or anything.

gclwtfvebrh.png

Bizarre. I wonder if I was too late? That would be incredibly lame, but I'm at a loss.

Oh well, I was able to update the CC info to mostly defunct card I have that my wife set up with an old US address on it, it certainly won't go through. Still, very weird, unless I'm just doing something incredibly stupid.

Yeah, may do that still, just in case.

Swear to god I had a checkbox there an hour ago, now it's gone too. Wat.

calder

Swear to god I had a checkbox there an hour ago, now it's gone too. Wat.

I just realized, I may have used Paypal to actually pay for GCL last year, which might explain why the option to stop autorenew wasn't there.

Meh, whatever lol. I'm one of those idiots who pays full pop for XM satellite. I had a 2 year ESPN subscribtion that autorenewed twice. At one point I paid for 10 straight months of WoW without playing it. This would have been just about the first time I managed to remember to not renew something like this. ;)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I think they'll go with option C. Neither of those guys strike me has having the wherewithal to endure another 'lock out' of sorts.

Mind you, had Kadri and Franson maintained last year's form over an 82 game season, I'd want Nonis to sign them, post haste. As it is, holding out with such a meagre sample size just smacks of a cash-in attempt.
I dunno...

Kadri seems more immature than I had I initially thought; I can see him holding out easily. Then again, I sure as fuck wouldn't give him that money and term and he us not John fucking Tavares.

Franson, I think would do well to sign here. My worry is he may be soured by the negotiations and his first season here under Wilsuck. I can see him saying fuck it! Trade! I want to get this guy under contract cause I don't know what will happen with Phaneuf.

We will likely bury Holzer, which should free up a bit, but unless Nonis works that touted magic, we'll likely only get one back.

Unless a trade comes or someone takes Likes off our hands, I remain worried. Best case we give Franson 4 for 4 and force Kadri into 3 for 2 (somehow).

Velcro Fly

Wow my sister just called me up and said one of her neighbors gave her tickets to the Penguins @ Blackhawks preseason game on the 19th. Never been to a hockey game in my life so this is going to be so cool!

The "roster update" critique is probably relevant for 14, but not for 13 I'd argue. The skating was pretty much brand new and they made some really good improvements to the EASHL. People can't walk around with snipers at 99 Wrist Shot and 99 body check anymore, they actually restrict your player growth based on your player type. This was partially so you'd buy the upgrades to push you past the cap I'm sure, but the result is that the experience is a lot more enjoyable and if you're just starting out it's really tough to just get run out of the building like in 11 or 12.

But I think the real reason NHL sells every year is because of EASHL, that shit is really addicting. If you buy the game now for 20 bucks most people would have ditched the mode I think.

Er. They changed quite a bit this year. Completely fixed the hitting (except it's a bit ridiculous I suppose) and revamped the EASHL and Live the Life. Further tuned the skating engine and added one-touch deking and the much-needed defensive strafing. Re-did the fighting engine.

The past two years have been more than roster updates.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I dunno...

Kadri seems more immature than I had I initially thought; I can see him holding out easily. Then again, I sure as fuck wouldn't give him that money and term and he us not John fucking Tavares.

Franson, I think would do well to sign here. My worry is he may be soured by the negotiations and his first season here under Wilsuck. I can see him saying fuck it! Trade! I want to get this guy under contract cause I don't know what will happen with Phaneuf.

We will likely bury Holzer, which should free up a bit, but unless Nonis works that touted magic, we'll likely only get one back.

Unless a trade comes or someone takes Likes off our hands, I remain worried. Best case we give Franson 4 for 4 and force Kadri into 3 for 2 (somehow).

Perfectly fine with letting them sit. For the money they allegedly want worst case scenario is just someone offer sheets them and we end up with a 1st round pick.

They don't have much leverage here as restricted free agents. It's Nonis' job to squeeze em here then in turn when they become UFAs it is well within their right to demand the moon.

Bobo fired back (again) at Kadri, pointing out that he's got absolutely zero leverage.

Oh, Nazem. I guess people just don't give the NHL's Best Passer™ the respect he's clearly owed.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
If only someone would become troll GM. A dream that will never be realized. I get why you shouldn't, but that would be entertaining.

Quick

Banned
Bob McKenzie is easily butthurt. I see him randomly calling out fools, and claiming the higher ground, but he's just as stupid for even calling them out in the first place.

Still, his analyses usually make sense. Him and Dreger are the only TSN Hockey guys I follow.

Top Bottom