• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Still not going to buy NHL 14

If Madden and NBA are coming to PS4 then NHL should as well
I ordered a $40 copy for the PS3 for my brother during E3. He was also upset about no PS4 edition but because of that it's saving him $400 this year.

Can someone explain to me why FX splitting off into two channels is a good idea? I know that college campuses aren't going to get FXX, and everyone else with basic cable either. You're telling me I can't watch new Sunny, the League, etc? How is this beneficial to FX?

Samyy

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Franson was eligible for salary arb but didn't file. Believed to want long term (4 yrs at $4M+ per). TOR aiming short, yr or 2 at <$3M per.

Bob McKenzie &#8207;@TSNBobMcKenzie 43m
Kadri believed to be looking long-term (6 yrs in Tavares stratosphere of $5.5M per). Leafs want short, 2 yrs at P.K. Subban $ ($2.875M per).

James Mirtle &#8207;@mirtle 16m
It's possible Leafs can get Franson signed by start of camp next week but be surprised if Kadri's there. This has all makings of hold out.

ibhHmOj3bruAhP.gif

I'd vote Liberal in the next election if it weren't for Trudeau. Not that my vote really counts: The NDP has had my riding on lockdown for the past 3-4 cycles.

Quick

Banned
Can someone explain to me why FX splitting off into two channels is a good idea? I know that college campuses aren't going to get FXX, and everyone else with basic cable either. You're telling me I can't watch new Sunny, the League, etc? How is this beneficial to FX?

People forced to subscribe, therefore more money to FX.

Not that I agree with it, of course.

Samyy

It never ceases to surprise me people pay full price for a roster update every year.

Yea honestly now I may just pick up a used copy of NHL 13 for like 20 bucks just to get the roster. I definitely can't imagine buying these games every year, I don't know how this turned into an annual thing.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yea honestly now I may just pick up a used copy of NHL 13 for like 20 bucks just to get the roster. I definitely can't imagine buying these games every year, I don't know how this turned into an annual thing.

People like me who have been buying NHL for 20 years :(

fallout

If people buy it, they'll keep making it. Same reason we see a CoD every year.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I just don't get why a team with cap room wouldnt do it. Screw the Leafs over, acquire good player. Seems win/win.

Isles got cap room, but don't really need him. I'm sure someone does.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Smelly I'm making all of the friends in that other thread we're bros in. Feel my popularity, fucking TASTE IT.

:lol

It's usually pretty chill unless you push specfic buttons. Then... Not good. Otherwise we're all friends.

Situation is simple for the Leafs

a) Make a trade to clear up cap space
b) Sign Franson or Kadri and trade the rights to the other
c) Let them hold out

yyzjohn

Banned
But the problem then might be that GMs stop making deals with you, im assuming thats the situation.

Yeah the unwritten rule of GMs not screwing each other over with the cap situation. You never know when your team's cap crunch will come and you get screwed over in turn.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I always hope the offer sheet process worked like this:

RFA declares he's up for offer

Every team puts in an offer like a blind auction (in multiples of $250k)

If team abstains, the offer is league minimum

Picks aren't based on upcoming draft but next available picks. (So this allows more flexibility)

Top bid is the team announced (unless there's a tie- then player has a choice), player must take top bid, team that holds his rights are able to match.

This puts all risk in players

Guarantees a signing (team must make QO first)

Cuts the bullshit

Removes the inter-team dick waving

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just don't get why a team with cap room wouldnt do it. Screw the Leafs over, acquire good player. Seems win/win.

Isles got cap room, but don't really need him. I'm sure someone does.

Yeah but are you really willing to give up at least a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick for Kadri?

If McKenzie is right that Kadri wants something around a 6 year, 5.5 per deal there's no way he's taking less then that for another team in an offer sheet.

iLLmAtlc

The "roster update" critique is probably relevant for 14, but not for 13 I'd argue. The skating was pretty much brand new and they made some really good improvements to the EASHL. People can't walk around with snipers at 99 Wrist Shot and 99 body check anymore, they actually restrict your player growth based on your player type. This was partially so you'd buy the upgrades to push you past the cap I'm sure, but the result is that the experience is a lot more enjoyable and if you're just starting out it's really tough to just get run out of the building like in 11 or 12.

But I think the real reason NHL sells every year is because of EASHL, that shit is really addicting. If you buy the game now for 20 bucks most people would have ditched the mode I think.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
GMs need to sack up and start causing trouble. I'd be the bad boy of hockey General Management. Screwjobs left and right.
That doesn't bode well for future trades with that team. There is an honor system amongst GMs or they don't do business with each other
Situation is simple for the Leafs

a) Make a trade to clear up cap space
b) Sign Franson or Kadri and trade the rights to the other
c) Let them hold out
This is what will happen. Seems Kadri needs some more growing up to do. Franson 4 at 4 I'd do in a heartbeat.

Curufinwe

Yeah but are you really willing to give up at least a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick for Kadri?

If McKenzie is right that Kadri wants something around a 6 year, 5.5 per deal there's no way he's taking less then that for another team in an offer sheet.

If I was Calgary I'd do that for Stepan, but not Kadri.

calder

I'd love to see offer sheets all over the damn place but I understand why teams don't. Certainly the cost/benefit is way out of wack given that a) you have to usually overpay the player a bit like a UFA and b) the draft picks are likely to be good since teams with ample cap space tend to be rebuilding. Ah well, nice to dream about.

I'm in a suicide pool for the NFL with some people this year. I guess it starts Thursday. What the fuck is a suicide pool? I pick a single team to win or something?

Strombone &#8207;@strombone1 2m

Time for some survivor football on yahoo. First come first served. Use your twitter handle as team name. ID#26543 Password: canucks

Heh, I'm in

That doesn't bode well for future trades with that team. There is an honor system amongst GMs or they don't do business with each other

This is what will happen. Seems Kadri needs some more growing up to do. Franson 4 at 4 I'd do in a heartbeat.

I think they'll go with option C. Neither of those guys strike me has having the wherewithal to endure another 'lock out' of sorts.

Mind you, had Kadri and Franson maintained last year's form over an 82 game season, I'd want Nonis to sign them, post haste. As it is, holding out with such a meagre sample size just smacks of a cash-in attempt.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think they'll go with option C. Neither of those guys strike me has having the wherewithal to endure another 'lock out' of sorts.

Mind you, had Kadri and Franson maintained last year's form over an 82 game season, I'd want Nonis to sign them, post haste. As it is, holding out with such a meagre sample size just smacks of a cash-in attempt.

I really just see this whole thing stemming from the fact the sample size was for 48 games and the cap went down.

" Please read our FAQ and Terms of Service for any questions about NHL GameCenter LIVE™, this renewal notice or the teams you can watch within your local viewing area. To cancel your participation in this automatic renewal program, please call NHL GameCenter LIVE™ Customer Support at 866-210-6349 (US and Canada) and 407-708-1356 (International) between 11AM and 8PM ET or visit the "Billing Info" section of your account page and update your preference. You have until Sept. 3, 2013 to cancel your automatic renewal. If you do not cancel by this date, the credit card on file will be charged."

Top Bottom