• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

I was so happy that EA put a good song in Lanterns by Rise Against in the game. Until I realized they butchered the song because of "hell" and "bodies pressed and tangled"

Fuck you EA.

I just had multiple scraps at the same time in NHL 14 :)
BTnT9FpCIAAT3H0.jpg

(One at the top and one at the left side of the screen)

So did my first mock draft, havent played fantasy hockey in a couple years so opinions would be nice:
In no particular order (not in draft order)....
Forwards:
Kopitar
Carter
Ovechkin
Stewart
Eriksson
Pacioretty
Setoguichi
Gallagher

Defense:
Suter
Kronwall
Beauchemin
Hamhuis
McDonagh

Goalies:
Anderson
Schneider

I don't really know about draft strategies or anything so yea... was thinking about a 3rd goalie but decided against it.

You don't need 5 defensemen, and while Schneider is great, he'll be splitting time with Brodeur, at least to start.

iLLmAtlc

I think Schneider is a good pick, I do not see Marty playing well enough to hold him off. Only problem is nj looks like a lottery team this year.

I think Schneider is a good pick, I do not see Marty playing well enough to hold him off. Only problem is nj looks like a lottery team this year.

All indications point to Marty being the starter to start, so you are looking at at least a month or 2 of him getting the majority of the starts. Tough when you gotta fill 3 goalie starts a week.

Samyy

All indications point to Marty being the starter to start, so you are looking at at least a month or 2 of him getting the majority of the starts. Tough when you gotta fill 3 goalie starts a week.

Yea I didn't the 2nd goalie for a while so I'll keep in mind to pick up another sooner.

Watch Dion and the boys in blue in pre-season actionHey XXXXX,

The ice is in and the countdown to puck drop is officially on. We cannot wait for the 2013-14 NHL season to start.

As a member of the Leafs Last Minute Club, we want you to have the first opportunity to purchase tickets for our pre-season home games.

Tickets will be on-sale at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, September 9th.

What an honour!

Baby Blues vs. Wings tonight.

Carrier, Rattie, Jaskin and Pochiro have been the standouts so far. Hankanpaa looks to be a Polak replacement in a couple of years.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Camp will be the deciding factor for him. If he does play he's going to be third line.
I'm actually looking forward to this. Lots or comparisons between him and Crosby, so I wonder if it could turn into another Lemueux and Gretzky era.

You guys really should've taken the compensation from Calgary...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
is there an nhl 14 gm connected league for me to barge into unannounced? 360.

There would be, if I'd had the time and proper mindset to set one up. As it goes - no there isn't atm. And I'm not sure I'll be able to set one up.

rellix

There would be, if I'd had the time and proper mindset to set one up. As it goes - no there isn't atm. And I'm not sure I'll be able to set one up.

I ran one last year for another forum but it had so few people that it died out over time. Eventually we accepted random "friends" into it but they were assholes and ruined it.

It's a pain. I have a bad feeling that I'll be doomed to a reddit league and those are about as horrid as it gets.

I don't know where folks find these leagues with committed people that spend more than 5 minutes a week on it.

Smiley90

I ran one last year for another forum but it had so few people that it died out over time. Eventually we accepted random "friends" into it but they were assholes and ruined it.

It's a pain. I have a bad feeling that I'll be doomed to a reddit league and those are about as horrid as it gets.

I don't know where people find these leagues with committed people that spend more than 5 minutes a week on it.

We started with like 20 and had about 6 drag it all the way into season 8 or so. it was good times.

rellix

We started with like 20 and had about 6 drag it all the way into season 8 or so. it was good times.

How often did you advance? Players in mine demanded we only do it once a week. For some reason people felt like they needed to play every single game which is simply the wrong mindset for the mode. Took forever to do 2 seasons, then i started advancing every 2-3 days, we got to 4 seasons and everyone pretty much quit.

I'm actually looking forward to this. Lots or comparisons between him and Crosby, so I wonder if it could turn into another Lemueux and Gretzky era.

You guys really should've taken the compensation from Calgary...

Why would we do that? We'll get more trade return for Stastny or Radar than Calgary's picks. One of them is going this season unless there are serious injuries.

Smiley90

How often did you advance? Players in mine demanded we only do it once a week. For some reason people felt like they needed to play every single game which is simply the wrong mindset for the mode. Took forever to do 2 seasons, then i started advancing every 2-3 days, we got to 4 seasons and everyone pretty much quit.

Every day, except for FA day and trade deadline. All games simmed.

Cake Boss

Banned
Senatoddlers WIN TOURNEY!!!

iJQPtC8XFc6ga.gif

Down 2-0 to the Kadris, come back and win it 6-2. 2 goals for Prince, Stone and Dunn.4th 1st place finish in a row now I think. not bad.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Well... Now that I think of it...

If we were to sign Raymond... We'd actually play with 4 lines.... And as fun as that 4th line was last year... It had absolutely no use in the playoffs lol

Top Bottom