• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Spl1nter

I mean.. he's not wrong but come on.

'You cant teach size', possibly one of the most stupid lines said so often in the NHL when assessing talent. Usually used to cover up the fact that the prospect has deficiencies in the skill side of the game.

yyzjohn

Banned
Somewhat off topic but I found out via facebook that Sean Avery is gay and engaged. That came out of nowhere.

On topic: I like the leafs giving Raymond a PTO. Costs us nothing and maybe he can show up and be solid.

WTF? So the whole Elisha Cuthbert sloppy seconds thing was a cover?

First period done.

Looking to see a little more from Laughton and Straka. Stolarz has been looking good.

Can't believe Cousins missed an empty net. Think he's looked good other than that.

On the can't teach size note--pretty tall D-corps out there for Philly, been doing a pretty good job winning along the boards.

Commentators enjoy talking about Alt.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m
Dan Cleary is still talking with Det, but told Philly is among the teams interested in a 3 year deal.

Dan Cleary is still talking with Det, but told Philly is among the teams interested in a 3 year deal.

Please no.

I'd still like Gagne back for one year, but if we're not doing that should leave room for one of our young guys.

Wonder if this means a Mez deal is in the works though to find the cap space.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Somewhat off topic but I found out via facebook that Sean Avery is gay and engaged. That came out of nowhere.

On topic: I like the leafs giving Raymond a PTO. Costs us nothing and maybe he can show up and be solid.

The Avery engagement thing was mostly a rumor that they were rolling with to mess with people, at least last I checked a few days ago.

Quick

Banned

Random bit of news. Can't say I saw that coming, purely based on his on-ice stuff.

I know he had a bit of a career in fashion, but that's not quite as "gay" as people think it is.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Collberg is coming over for the Habs main camp, can't wait to see him play and apparently Hudon has been impressing like Gallagher did a couple years back.

Which is odd because it's been in the 90s the whole time I've been here. I felt so light headed since getting here, I'm glad it's getting nicer

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Crazed on suicide alert! D:

Don't do it, Crazed! He could have one more good year since the Wings are going to dominate our division.

Cake Boss

Banned
My hope is that Cleary signs with Detroit, on his first day of camp, takes a slapper that hits Nyquist and takes him out for the whole season. Cleary gets his top 6 spot.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Which is odd because it's been in the 90s the whole time I've been here. I felt so light headed since getting here, I'm glad it's getting nicer

I liked the part where you said "here" twice without telling us where "here" is.

Also, metric units or nothing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Two Fast goals assisted by Lindberg. Goal and an assist for Kristo. Those three are pretty clearly on another level compared to the rest of the Traverse City team.

Solo

According to the Habs' training camp roster, looks like AGally is sticking with #27.

#feelingvindicatedaboutbuyinga27jerseyinJanuary

GO TO PHILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazed on suicide alert! D:

Don't do it, Crazed! He could have one more good year since the Wings are going to dominate our division.

Oh we better dominate, we better....

My hope is that Cleary signs with Detroit, on his first day of camp, takes a slapper that hits Nyquist and takes him out for the whole season. Cleary gets his top 6 spot.

I will hurt you if this happens

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

:lol

As for Cleary, it's getting kind of pathetic. He's trying the, "I'll sign with someone else! I swear I will!" and it's really irritating. I think it's pretty clear Holland doesn't want him back. They need to move at least two guys to get him on the roster and Holland doesn't want to do it otherwise it would have been done. The Wings' beat writer said that the reports about Holland offering Cleary a 3-year deal earlier in the summer were "erroneous."

Just sign with Philly and move on.

X39uW8M.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You mispelled Alfredsson.

According to the Habs' training camp roster, looks like AGally is sticking with #27.

#feelingvindicatedaboutbuyinga27jerseyinJanuary
I wish he went with 94 originally but I'm glad he's sticking with 27 since I just grabbed it.

Also Fucale is the only goalie from the prospect camp to get an invite to the main camp, kind of a big deal even if he's 5-6 years away from the big league.

:lol

As for Cleary, it's getting kind of pathetic. He's trying the, "I'll sign with someone else! I swear I will!" and it's really irritating. I think it's pretty clear Holland doesn't want him back. They need to move at least two guys to get him on the roster and Holland doesn't want to do it otherwise it would have been done. The Wings' beat writer said that the reports about Holland offering Cleary a 3-year deal earlier in the summer were "erroneous."

Just sign with Philly and move on.

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!

Daniel Cleary talking to two teams, not Red Wings, expects to make a decision soon on where to sign

I trust Ansar over anyone else since he has great Red Wings connections. When he signs with someone else I fill this thread with gifs of happiness, you won't be able to contain it!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Speaking of that, that shit comes out tomorrow.

Are we doing the GMConnected this year again?

I've said it multiple times, I've had personal stuff keeping me from finding the time to make a thread/OT. So... We'd probably have the people, just not the thread/organization. Sorry. I can't tell when I'll find the time.

Joint Task Force Stars-Panthers had better sign him. Stay out of Philly, Cleary. We're full.

On an unrelated note--any GAF fantasy hockey leagues with open spots? Never heard back from BigJonsson.

Solo

Tickets for Leafs/Habs opening night Oct. 1 just arrived hnnnnnnnggggggg

Can't fucking wait. Look for the guy with no pants on trying to throw poo at Don Cherry.

Metalmarc

Just subbed to the gamecentre live, so as im still a hockey noob just wanna say looks great.

Considering i paid £8 to watch my nearest local side webstream Cardiff devils yesterday.

£63/ $99 for a full season of nhl was an easy choice to make, i am aware of the blackouts but to me it's still worth it, better than our football (soccer) gamecentre equivalents they are £40 just to watch one team, i like the fact you can choose from a few teams and the vault is there too

I will still support my local side though by going to matches and buying merch and the occasional web stream.

Edit My question is can i watch (pre season games) coming up or is this for the full season only?

Edited for my noobness and question answered thanks

Top Bottom