• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

said:
@andystrickland#stlblues and Alex Pietrangelo continue to talk in a last ditch effort to get a deal in place before players officially report tomorrow

My guess is he misses the first few days of camp and the Sunday game in Dallas but not much more. This is a terrible year for him leverage wise.

calder

130909_buff11_1691305fvoez.jpg

*swoon*

Byfuglien skated with the rest of his Jets teammates for the first time on Monday, taking a 20-minute twirl while looking fit and happy.

Players have not been weighed or given medicals but a safe guess is that Byfuglien is 30 pounds lighter, and maybe as much as 40, from late in last season.

Reports came out this summer pegging his weight at 302 pounds at one point last season but he's clearly well below that weight and looked to be in his best condition since his arrival in Winnipeg in 2011.

Highlight from "Behind the B" last night:

It also was obvious during the episode that the Bruins hockey operations staff believed there were “too many red flags” concerning forward Tyler Seguin and all agreed it was time to trade him.

At one point, assistant GM Jim Benning said, “We’re not babysitters.” He then added if Seguin gave the Bruins half of what the Blackhawks’ Patrick Kane gave Chicago, Boston would have won the Stanley Cup.

The thought of trading Seguin, the organization’s No. 2 overall pick in 2010, was compared to the Bruins trading former goalie Andrew Raycroft to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Tuukka Rask, and the Phil Kessel trade to the Maple Leafs for a pair of first-round picks that turned into Seguin and defenseman Dougie Hamilton.

Chiarelli, his staff and Bruins president Cam Neely concluded that Seguin did not fit into the team’s culture and decided to trade him for the right price.

calder

Highlight from "Behind the B" last night:

Lol wow, no matter the sport or circumstances when a guy leaves Boston there's a solid chance he gets ventilated alright.

I also chuckled at Seguin's comment about "young single guys" getting shipped out, all but blaming the exceptional nightlife in Boston.

For Sharks fans (or anyone who remembers him playing college hockey in boston)

Nick Petrecki finally signs a 1 year deal with SJS

107K in AHL
or
715K in NHL

Its really doubtful that he takes the 7th spot in SJ (from Scott Hannan) at camp, but seems certain that he will come up whenever an injury occurs.

Mason & Emery are a big upgrade on last season when they started out with Bryz and Leighton.

Exactly, plus I really think Vincent will have a good year with all the talent around him. Obviously the defense is still a huge question but hopefully that will be improved as well. I didnt like the Flyers at all last year even before the season started, but I am really happy with where they are now.

Var

Exactly, plus I really think Vincent will have a good year with all the talent around him. Obviously the defense is still a huge question but hopefully that will be improved as well. I didnt like the Flyers at all last year even before the season started, but I am really happy with where they are not.

Yeah. I like the team a lot more this year. We upgraded and kept our young talent. I don't agree with all Homers moves, but I think that alone is a big win for the teams future.

Acid08

Banned
For Sharks fans (or anyone who remembers him playing college hockey in boston)

Nick Petrecki finally signs a 1 year deal with SJS

107K in AHL
oror
715K in NHL

Its really doubtful that he takes the 7th spot in SJ (from Scott Hannan) at camp, but seems certain that he will come up whenever an injury occurs.
Meh. This kid never really impressed. I know he was supposed to be our big deal defensive prospect but Mueller and Abeltshauser already seem better.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Cleary is on a pro tryout it seems.

He told every Detroit reporter that there was no way he'd come to Detroit's (or anyone's) camp on a try out contract.

:lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I met a fairy today that granted me one wish.

"I want to live forever," I said.

"Sorry" said the fairy, "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that!"

"Fine" I said, "I want to die after the Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup!"

"You crafty bastard," said the fairy.

Was forwarded to me at work. :(

Top Bottom