• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

zedge

image.php

:D

fallout

I know. ;) I'm just cranky. Looong night. Sorry.
S'cool. I'm not a fan of sweeping generalizations about an area, either, but that's partly what I was trying to get at. Canada's not exactly the left-wing party land that many people perceive at a high level.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wish I could actually laugh at the Panthers for this, but you know...Bishop and Lindback.
I saw a video on twitter today of the rookie game between Florida and Tampa, and the stuff Drouin was pulling off with whoever #53 was made me want to cry. Not many prospects in all of hockey I've wanted to be a Hab more then Drouin.

Watching gaming side trying to have a high level of discussion about specs is pretty entertaining.
Gaf has a gaming side?

Samyy

I saw a video on twitter today of the rookie game between Florida and Tampa, and the stuff Drouin was pulling off with whoever #53 was made me want to cry. Not many prospects in all of hockey I've wanted to be a Hab more then Drouin.

Gaf has a gaming side?

I really hope for the sake of my fantasy team they play him.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I can't wait to see him play with Stamkos and St.Luois but at the same time that line is probably going to wreck the Toronto D -_-

And that makes them different from every team's first line how exactly?

Except maybe the Flames'.

Spl1nter

Colborne has gained over 10 pounds in the off-season. Much needed weight finally added. He has showed some good flashes, expect a good turnout from him at camp.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Gaf has a gaming side?

So if you were Yzerman, you'd still take Drouin over Jones?

calder

Dude wtf I thought we agreed to never mention Drouin by name again because the pain was overpowering. Haven't been that in love with a prospect in ages. ;( Until the Jets started winning in late February I was totally ok with being a lottery team and was test marketing a "Season of Ruin for Drouin" tanking slogan.

I probably would have taken him number 1 overall, which may end up being too high but damn I'm not so sure.

I would've been happy with a Bryz-Leighton tandem behind a Walker-Lilja pairing and however many Clearies it would've taken to watch a Giroux-Drouin tandem hit the ice.

Samyy

Colborne has gained over 10 pounds in the off-season. Much needed weight finally added. He has showed some good flashes, expect a good turnout from him at camp.

I think he makes the team regardless, probably start out at 4th line C and McClement moves up to play with Bolland-Kulemin. He is no longer waiver exempt so he better be good or hes stuck with the Marlies.

Quick

Banned
If NHL 14 is any indication, the Wild are turning their green jerseys to home, the new white as away, and the red to alternate.

Not sure if I like that change.

Dude wtf I thought we agreed to never mention Drouin by name again because the pain was overpowering. Haven't been that in love with a prospect in ages. ;( Until the Jets started winning in late February I was totally ok with being a lottery team and was test marketing a "Season of Ruin for Drouin" tanking slogan.

I probably would have taken him number 1 overall, which may end up being too high but damn I'm not so sure.
I've wondered if Drouin should've been #1 but man its way too early to call. He reminds me so much of Forsberg though.

Samyy

Fuck preseason. I will never get that thirsty again that I'll ever resort to watching it.

21 days til regular season.

What did the preseason ever do to you :(?!?!
I like watching it for the rookies, see how they match up against NHL players.

Smiley90

I'm working on a GM Connected OT now, everyone rejoice! I'll post it again here when I'm done with it (aka once Marvie is on and helps me make it look pretty).

I'll see if I can find everyone who was in the last league until then and send out PM's. Any memory refresher is welcome.

From the old thread we still have:

Delryk
MacAttack
Rubber Ducky
BigJonsson
Cake Boss
theRizzle
Swance
SpectreFire
Revenant
Smiley90
CCF23
6for8
INDIGO_CYCLOPS
Socreges
yodathesoda
Rand0m TAG

And I know that at least some others left: Red_man, mibupe and Crazed I remember.

Quick

Banned
Fighting in NHL 14 is actually pretty cool now. You can watch fights on instant replay, too.

I played a Leafs/Habs game, and I had Orr and Parros fight, and Prust got a penalty for fighting, too. I replayed and noticed he didn't have his gloves on. Fighting rules are always so odd, but I'm assuming the moment Prust dropped his gloves, the refs in-game gave him a fighting major, too.

Don't they just hand out a delay of game or unsportsmanlike (or something) if the player drops his gloves, but no actual fight happened?

MutFox

Banned
LINK

Hockey Champions League?
Wonder if it'll happen, would be pretty sweet.

Though it would probably have to take place at the end of August or Early September.
Due to the Stanley Cup Champs being fatigued from the grind.

Smiley90

Fighting in NHL 14 is actually pretty cool now. You can watch fights on instant replay, too.

I played a Leafs/Habs game, and I had Orr and Parros fight, and Prust got a penalty for fighting, too. I replayed and noticed he didn't have his gloves on. Fighting rules are always so odd, but I'm assuming the moment Prust dropped his gloves, the refs in-game gave him a fighting major, too.

Don't they just hand out a delay of game or unsportsmanlike (or something) if the player drops his gloves, but no actual fight happened?

Maybe he did have a fight? NHL 14 now allows for multiple fights/brawls to be happening at the same time.

LINK

Hockey Champions League?
Wonder if it'll happen, would be pretty sweet.

Though it would probably have to take place at the end of August or Early September.
Due to the Stanley Cup Champs being fatigued from the grind.

This has existed for a while now. Sadly, it didn't work out well last time, despite being an awesome idea.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So if you were Yzerman, you'd still take Drouin over Jones?
Yea, Drouins hockey sense is too ridiculous to pass up.

We can wallow in our sadness together. I've said for a while I think he should have went 1st overall, still remains to be seen but I'd put good money on him being the best of this draft.

cube444

Posted this before. Great video on the inner workings behind the scene with the Bruins:

Watch Peter Chiarelli and Bruins staff make decision to deal Tyler Seguin (Video)

Link

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck preseason. I will never get that thirsty again that I'll ever resort to watching it.

21 days til regular season.

You know you want to watch McCarron lay out some team's scrub player who will never make the roster.

and then get beaten up buy some no talent veteran plug with 5 NHL games experience because he wants to prove himself :(

Top Bottom