• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Spl1nter

A lot of team's are playoff teams if all their best players peak, but their division is too hard, I don't see it happening.

Well thats the whole point cant know how your players will actually perform but lots of time people expect a certain level which can be misguided. Hockey is highly luck based so anything can happen.

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 4m

Been told that Pitkanen's injury is so bad that his career is most likely over.

That is just fucking brutal if the case. He is only turning 30 later this month.

Spl1nter

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 2m
Philly GM disagrees with my report. RT @BroadStBull Homer says Cleary still expected to report Thurs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I was going to say the same thing. They probably think they are and can be a playoff team when thinking about potential and peak performance of Ward, Staals, Skinner, Tlusty, and Semin. Also possibility of Lindholm playing on the 3rd line.

Not sure if the Leafs want that development time of a 1st rounder for a current player entering into their prime. Also feel like that would end up being a bad trade for them in the long run. Franson still has a lot of potential.

Or two first rounders for a young proven forward/center or two first rounders for a top 10 pick.

Lots of potential options.

But all moot cause I'm sure Franson won't be offer sheeted.

Spl1nter

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl 2m
Hearing a meeting took place today between Dan Cleary,Mike Babcock,and Ken Holland in Traverse City,MI. #TSN

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hearing a meeting took place today between Dan Cleary,Mike Babcock,and Ken Holland in Traverse City,MI. #TSN

Nightmare incoming. If that moron Holland signs him I'll be calling for his firing all year.

If anybody has seen this is the end, the Cleary thing reminds me of this, with Detroit fans being Franco:

When Franco sacrifices himself, gets redeemed, and then as that is happening tells Danny McBride to go fuck himself and starts laughing in his face, then gets dropped, doesn't go to heaven and then gets eaten alive by McBride and Cannibals

Cake Boss

Banned
OTTK112-HKN+Senators+Traini.jpg

all over mah face.

I will kill someone

THERE IS NO ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE, BUT YOU ARE NO LONGER NEEDED OR WANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fei

And Hodgson gets the Leino contract 6 years/$4.5M per.Another guy who hasn't scored 20 goals. :lol
15 goals in 48 games last season, I know

Edit: Now corrected. 4.25m x 6 years.

So I was fortunate enough to go to the first two days of our rookie camp.

Some observations:

Duncan Siemens is a mean son of a bitch. I cannot wait to see him with a regular role on roster. Foote was there and they were already chatting back and forth. Kid can skate really well too.

Chris Bigras was also very impressive. He has poke checking skills in spades and is just really fast skating backwards. Completely dominated the 1v1 drills along with Siemens.

Sami Aittokallio looked solid, calm and confident. He stood out among the rest of our prospect goalies and most of them looked good too.

Mac has the moves to go with his insane skating ability. Dekes everywhere, shit was legitimately exciting. He is the anti-Stastny, nothing but effort till the whistle.

I didn't get to see day 3 but apparently Mac had a lot of problems of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tripped, smacked, hit with pucks. Took a stick to the face as well. Roy wasn't there but at one point everyone was forced into a bag skate because of how slow a lot of players were. Sgarbossa looked like shit in everything he did except shooting, he has gone down hill since last year for sure.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Some observations:

Duncan Siemens is a mean son of a bitch. I cannot wait to see him with a regular role on roster. Foote was there and they were already chatting back and forth. Kid can skate really well too.

Chris Bigras was also very impressive. He has poke checking skills in spades and is just really fast skating backwards. Completely dominated the 1v1 drills along with Siemens.

Sami Aittokallio looked solid, calm and confident. He stood out among the rest of our prospect goalies and most of them looked good too.

Mac has the moves to go with his insane skating ability. Dekes everywhere, shit was legitimately exciting. He is the anti-Stastny, nothing but effort till the whistle.

I didn't get to see day 3 but apparently Mac had a lot of problems of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tripped, smacked, hit with pucks. Took a stick to the face as well. Roy wasn't there but at one point everyone was forced into a bag skate because of how slow a lot of players were. Sgarbossa looked like shit in everything he did except shooting, he has gone down hill since last year for sure.

:(

Some observations:

Well I would hope so considering he's the defensive development coach.

Physical and Media day today. Versteeg and Bergenheim set to be in on opening night! The one holdout looks to be Jovo who is still in rehab. Also Mattias is in amazing shape, best he has ever been in. Dubb's tentative expected day 1 line-up is:

Flash- Mattias- Versteeg
Hubey- Barkov- Boyes
Bergy- Goc- Kopecky
Upshall- Gomez- Crabb
Selleck/ Pinnizotto

Campbell- Gudbranson
Kulikov- Petrovic
Weaver- Robak
Gillroy/ Mottau

Markstrom
Markstrom

Acid08