• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT2| The Teemu Selanne Sweepstakes

Merguson

Banned
Well, sounds like MAF is in mid-playoff form!

It's just a sign of Glass and Adams developing into top-six forwards. It has to be.

EDIT: Lol, this is how the Glass goal went.

Eric Majeski ‏@LGP_netwolf
Glass scores on a slapper from the LW circle. Fleury for a glove on it, & popped up behind him, he gloved it again behind his back...

Eric Majeski ‏@LGP_netwolf
Unfortunately, he didn't know he had it, and it fell out of he glove and in. Saved it twice, but couldn't keep it out.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna kill Holland myself. What a fucking garbage move by the Wings. STOP SIGNING PLAYERS YOU DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR YOU FUCKING MORONS!!!!!!!!!

Since they can't trade Samuelsson and won't trade Bertuzzi, Emmerton, Tootoo, and Tatar are screwed. Can Tatar even be sent to the minors anymore?

I'm gonna kill Holland myself. What a fucking garbage move by the Wings. STOP SIGNING PLAYERS YOU DON'T HAVE ROOM FOR YOU FUCKING MORONS!!!!!!!!!

Since they can't trade Samuelsson and won't trade Bertuzzi, Emmerton, Tootoo, and Tatar are screwed. Can Tatar even be sent to the minors anymore?
Tatar healthy scratch for the length of the season. Luuuulz.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
God, this just ruined my entire day (1st world problems and all that). And fuck you Cleary, you're not getting #11 either. The better player on the 1 year deal will be taking that and actually, ya know, doing something with it.

8tHEy.jpg

zXxXU.jpg

kGwc9.jpg

0tSBl.jpg

vlW7L.jpg

kOKcnes.jpg

Tk3gc.gif

HAHAHAHAH CRAZED EAT MY ASS.

I'm sorry, I can't here you over all of these BANNERS!!!!

mMylg.jpg

mMylg.jpg

mMylg.jpg

No wonder Alfie left, he wants to be bathed in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ROOM FOR HIM!!!! GREAT NOW TATAR AND NYQUIST WON'T PLAY BECAUSE DAN "THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD" CLEARY NEEDS TO HAVE A ROSTER SPOT!!!!!!!!

Wings fans: Wow, we have some great young talent ready to play in the NHL
Holland: Yes, we are quite pleased with our prospects and we do have a few who are NHL ready and will be playing with the team for the upcom........................... (phone rings). Oh Cleary, hey.... of course we have room for you, yeah let's resign you even though you can't skate, can't score, are liable defensively, can't puck handle, but you got them intangibles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh the prospects, yeah they can play in the AHL a few more years.... I mean who needs youth when you have DAN CLEARY!!!!!

The only way, and I mean the only way this is salvaged is that we make a trade for a top 3 D-man toward the end of camp because we are way over the roster and cap limit. Even then, that means sacrificing some of our amazing upcoming forward prospects.

Also to the rest of you:

0TRQYcP.gif

Bjugstad out with a concussion from game 3 of the prospect tourney. Tough break for him. All players skated today and Versteeg is said to be 100%. No word on the goalie situation tho.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm so pissed right now, they seriously need to do something with this backlog of forwards, Tatar and Nyquist need to be full time players this year, both proved it without a doubt last year.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm so pissed right now, they seriously need to do something with this backlog of forwards, Tatar and Nyquist need to be full time players this year, both proved it without a doubt last year.
Dude, I'm right there with you. I'm like STEAMING right now, I want to break something. 9 forwards for 4 line up spots and another 2 scratched. 3 of those guys will be gone or in the minors (and I doubt any of them can be sent down and actually clear) by Oct 1.

Tatar, Nyquist, Eaves, Miller, Tootoo, Cleary, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, and Emmerton.

Emmerton, Tootoo, and Eaves are probably the goners.

Oh wonderful, apparently if Tatar doesn't get a spot, he will seek other means like going to Russia. Great, just waste one of our roster spots on a rusted piece of junk instead of an upcoming legit top 6 forward. This team has really mishandled Tatar, this is probably the last straw. DANG IT, STUPID HOLLAND!! I am beyond pissed right now, this makes no sense at all, no room, no cap, logjam of forwards and soon to be a logjam of defensemen. Yes, it is only a 1 year deal, but it is 1 year too many at this point with our team, there is simply no room for him now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
109?! Can't share streams? I guess it's good if you get all games and have no cable though. Also no fucking blackouts I assume.
Not sure about sharing, but no blackouts which is good for me and you can stream it all n the 360 with barely and delay and a better frame rate.

Hockey season coming soon, and right now at my apartment all I have is an antenna giving me CBC, CTV, Global, etc... in HD. In total about 10 channels, but now Sportsnet, no LeafsTV, no TSN. I don't know if I'll be able to last all year long with only CBC games on Saturday night.

If Rogers cable actually works with XB1 I might actually climb back on board as a Rogers customer.

I don't know about that $109 hockey stream thing. Isn't that a set of pirated streams? How likely are the streams to stay up and remain stable?
I don't know where the streams come from, but lots of guys on hfboards have used it for OHL games during the lockout and I haven't seen any complaints.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Vigneault today: "Lindberg has caught our guys attention with how he played and how he competed at both ends of the rink. At training camp you need surprises. You need guys that all of a sudden, guys that management doesn’t have in a place on the depth chart, and they step on the ice and they can contribute. We need some surprises. We need guys to push. I have told everyone that they will get a chance and the ones that grab it will get a chance to help the Rangers.”

Sounds promising for Oscar Lindberg.

Samyy

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 8m
Doesn't sound like much has changed on Franson front today. Offer sheet certainly a possibility at this point.

Grab your popcorn guys.
I kinda actually want to see what happens on this front. If its a bottom 10 team giving up their 1st and 3rd for Franson I would be okay.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Grab your popcorn guys.
I kinda actually want to see what happens on this front. If its a bottom 10 team giving up their 1st and 3rd for Franson I would be okay.

Brett Lebda deal could pay off huge

It is like best worst UFA signing ever

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also, Nyquist can apparently be sent to GR whenever they want this season. You've got to be kidding me. I guarantee this happens: Cleary sucks for the whole season yet stays on the team. Nyquist makes one bad pass and is sent to GR.

pringles

Also, Nyquist can apparently be sent to GR whenever they want this season. You've got to be kidding me. I guarantee this happens: Cleary sucks for the whole season yet stays on the team. Nyquist makes one bad pass and is sent to GR.
Nyquist can only play like 2 or 3 more NHL games before he can't be sent down anymore.

And remember this is the Red Wings. A minimum of 5 players will pull groins during camp, one or two will go down with back pains, another will break a wrist and someone will hurt something stepping out of their car in the parking lot. Holland knows this which is probably why he's stockpiling players.

gaming_noob

1st + 3rd for Franson and I'm happy.

The only teams that both have capspace and seem playoff bound are Ottawa (who don't have money) and the Islanders. Should be a decent pick.

Phaneuf Gunnarsson
Gardiner Ranger
Rielly Fraser

Too many offensive D's.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Alfredsson now switching to number 24 because douchebag Cleary won't give it up. I can't stand this organization sometimes.

Plinko

Day 1 of training camp and we already got our selves a meltdown.

You knew it was coming if Cleary ended up back on the Wings. We've complained about Holland for a long time. I just hope fans of other franchises understand why. He's the reason this team has gotten progressively worse over the past 5 years.

Merguson

Banned
Sarah Lindenau ‏@Lindy72 45m
Just in a scrum with holland he is going to wait 6 months but plans on discussing a longer term deal with cleary. #drwtc #RedWings

a freelance writer from what i can tell but if so.. loooooool

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
a freelance writer from what i can tell but if so.. loooooool

:lol

Never change, Holland, you senile moron.
Hooooly shit! Someone on the LGW board or HF board (they all bleed together now) made a joke that this is exactly what Holland would do. Cleary will get that 3 year +35 contract with a NTC... Simply amazing. You know who you give those contracts to? PAVEL FUCKING DATSYUK AND HENRIK ZETTERBERG!!!!! NOT DAN FUCKING CLEARY!!!

Plinko

At least you have the Lions season to look forward to

I think being an idiot GM just goes with the territory with Detroit sports teams. 3 of the 4 teams have awful ones.

Solo

Habs lines from intersquad scrimmage which I suspect will be pretty dang close to opening night lines:

Pacioretty – Desharnais - Briere (2 Smurfs 1 Wolverine)
Bourque – Plekanec - Thomas (Christian Thomas; Gionta takes his spot in the regular season)
Galchenyuk – Eller - Gallagher (HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG)
Moen – White - Prust (solid 4th line)

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Diaz
Murray – Bouillon
Drewiske - Tinordi

I really like our forwards (had one of the best offenses last year and its pretty much the same this year), but fuck, that D is still pretty fucking porous and will likely be our achilles heel yet again..

Top Bottom