• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
TSN guy : "You speak English really well, what's your secret? Do you have a tutor?"
Scherback :" I think maybe I'm a genius"

Watch out Ho-Sang, you've got competition in the ego department.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Scherbak is hilarious

Possibly a little drunk
So awesome.

Renaud Lavoie said:
#canadiens are still hopeful to sign Mike Weaver. They are less hopeful to sign Brian Gionta. He could hit the market July 1st.
Good to hear about Weaver, but I'll be disappointed if Gio walks without us getting anything in return. It's Subban's time for the C.

Cheers guys.

My eyes are locked on him. Especially since he's a Boston-U kid.

ERRRR

KESLER IS A DUCK???

That was before the draft, and was one trade......the Garrison trade is meh

Every year they hype draft floor trades involving top 3 picks, and it almost never happens, glad I went out instead of watching this at home

ZeroGravity

LeBrun saying Tampa pushed real hard for the 1st pick. That seems surprising.
Yeah, was just about to post that. Yzerman never really makes any big moves like that.

Can't imagine what the Panthers would have asked for, but would likely not have been worth it.

Adrian Kempe's favorite musician? Hakan Hellstrom. According to Hellstrom's wikipedia page, he was in fucking Honey Is Cool. Who else was in Honey Is Cool? Fucking Karin Dreijer-Andersson. Fucking Fever Ray. Fucking one half of The Knife. Fucking fuck.

All you need is one reason to love a guy, and I already have mine.

After Dal Colle, I thought Vertanen and Ritchie were by far the best wingers. I don't blame Vancouver for wanting Vertanen but letting Ritchie slip to Anaheim is criminal. Leafs and Jets passing on that skilled power forward is the wrong move IMO.

Interesting! Goldobin, Ho-Sang and Scherbak all had more points this year.

I know almost nothing about the draft, but I'd seen a lot of negative buzz about Ritchie.

Hey Canucks-age, can you guys do us a favour and keep "Welcome to the Boneyard" alive?

Bryan Murray kept wanting his 1st round pick back for Spezza. Was repeatedly told no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uh26SOCn8-U

23wk2fc.jpg.gif

Had to duck out after the first. but WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Best option was to take the pick, Ekblad's flawless hair is a great addition. RHs long term look like Ekblad, Gudbranson, Petrovic. All over 6'3.

Tallon said he's taking a winger, so watch us pick up Ekblad's BFF, Lemieux. Though Barber would be a good add. I wish we had another second tho to get Demko as well. I'm feeling like we're getting Vinny somehow.

Samyy

Nylander is going to be beast, I don't think he is in the NHL next year, or maybe even the year after. Though once he breaks in he will be a beast, and have Kessel to mentor him.

Yep, will likely be a Marlie next year as he terminated his contract with Modo.
Another great thing is that he as a 1996 so very young compared to someone like Reinhart who is almost a year older and he has already played a in a mens league.

Marlies should be very stacked next year with Gauthier, Finn, Nylander, Brown, Verghaege and potentially Nilsson and Loov coming over from Europe.

Samyy

Does Nylander play C or on the wing?

He can play either and I think the Leaf's will try him at C, it all depends on how well he picks up the defensive game. There is definitely room in the Marlies to try him at C with Holland graduating (most likely).

I think its more likely he comes a winger unless he really improves his defence. The Patrick Kane comparison probably speaks to that.

Top Bottom