• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Curufinwe

Every time I see Sharp's handsome smile on a postgame interview I want to throw acid on him. Then I remember it's all Hitchcock's fault.

Samyy

If your team wins the lottery who do you take?

I'm thinking the Leafs would take Ekblad, we don't have many RHD and:

Rielly - Ekblad

aw yiss.

Reimer going to Worlds for Team Canada. Best of luck to him, go Reims :(

Merguson

Banned

Rielly - Ekblad

aw yiss.

I would rather have a center if possible.

Socreges, Clarkson needs to have three 20-20 seasons for this not to be a complete disaster.

Sam, I see the Leafs going after a forward with a high pick.

In the 10th ranking I see Haydn Fleury, a dman (good) with good size (even better) who shoots left (huge need for the Jets). And just like that, I'm ready to fall in love. Which means the Jets will reach on some guy ranked in latter second round or something but whatever.

He's also from Carlyle - which should make him a favourite with your new coach!

Samyy

Yea I wouldn't mind a centre either but I think the general build philosophy is goalie -> defence -> forwards.

If we don't move up I hope we take Nylander.

yyzjohn

Banned

Rielly - Ekblad

aw yiss.

I know nothing about him, except his name can easily be modified to EkBad if he turns out to be shit.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Rielly - Ekblad

aw yiss.

But we have Franson! D:
We should go for centre. There are a lot of D in out system and not enough forwards.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Melnyk is going to be on Prime Time Sports. Looks like the day is just getting started.

thisgunbegood.gif

His interview on TSN 1200 really pissed me off.

He basically thinks the fans are morons(and admittedly, a lot of casual Sens fans ARE morons, but still...).

He cited Ales Hemsky when trying to claim that this team spends when needed. He seems to have forgotten that the Oilers picked up part of his salary in that trade....

Fei

Murray implied if the Sabres draft Ekblad with their pick, he would spend next year in Juniors. Clearly already eyeing the Tank Wars 2015.

Samyy

But we have Franson! D:
We should go for centre. There are a lot of D in out system and not enough forwards.

But none of the D we have besides Rielly has first pairing potential!

I know nothing about him, except his name can easily be modified to EkBad if he turns out to be shit.

Even more of a reason to take him, see this is where we went wrong with Schenn, what kinda last name is that? Can't come up with any decent nicknames with that shit.

MORGAN RIELLY GOING TO TEAM CANADA HNNNNG #1 IN OUR HEARTS GREAT CANADIAN HERO :D

Silexx

His interview on TSN 1200 really pissed me off.

He basically thinks the fans are morons(and admittedly, a lot of casual Sens fans ARE morons, but still...).

He cited Ales Hemsky when trying to claim that this team spends when needed. He seems to have forgotten that the Oilers picked up part of his salary in that trade....

And that we had to unload Corvo and Conacher just to clear up room.

Curufinwe

Please let this happen.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: If NJD, who are locked into 30th overall pick, were to win the lottery, there would be a re-draw so a team that is eligible would win it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How big of a meltdown would Sens-GAF have if they won the lottery and handed the pick to Anaheim?
ibyouFxvs3JzGi.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
How big of a meltdown would Sens-GAF have if they won the lottery and handed the pick to Anaheim?

Well... chris philips, alexander daigle and bryan berard were all their first overall picks...

So maybe it would be for the best

.@TSNBobMcKenzie: By my math, there's 76.8% chance one of 5 teams in studio will go home with No. 1 pick. Or 23.2% they don't. #arithmetic

@strombone1: @TSNBobMcKenzie I'll slide you a five in a couple weeks when I see you. You know what to do!

Lu gonna get us that #1!!

calder

He's also from Carlyle - which should make him a favourite with your new coach!
Not cool man, not cool. :(

Although it seems Randy gets a while longer to fuck up the Leafs. Best outcome, other than being fired and then going to vancouver, which would be amazing.

Fei

I don't want to think about how nervous I would be if Buffalo is in this position next year for McDavid. I'd definitely take a day off from work, refreshing Edmonton's draft simulator. This year I can chill. Ekblad, Bennett, Reinhart.. They all sound good to me.

Not cool man, not cool. :(

Although it seems Randy gets a while longer to fuck up the Leafs. Best outcome, other than being fired and then going to vancouver, which would be amazing.

I'd quit hockey if that happened.

Maurice doesn't have his extension yet, afaik. Maybe Cheveldayoff is just waiting for Randy to be made available.

edit: wow, this cunt of a grown ass man just made a joke about the Calgary murders just now at my work.

Well... chris philips, alexander daigle and bryan berard were all their first overall picks...

So maybe it would be for the best

No wonder they kept Phillips; the only No. 1 not a total bust.

Canucks have never picked No. 1. Picked number 2 in their expansion year (thanks Sabres), Linden was No. 2 after Modano, Sedins went 2 and 3 (though they held the first pick at one point).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
But none of the D we have besides Rielly has first pairing potential!

Even more of a reason to take him, see this is where we went wrong with Schenn, what kinda last name is that? Can't come up with any decent nicknames with that shit.

MORGAN RIELLY GOING TO TEAM CANADA HNNNNG #1 IN OUR HEARTS GREAT CANADIAN HERO :D
We need a no. 1 goddamn CENTRE! And no way the league lets any CANADIAN team get a superstar in McDavid. I have a suspicion he goes to Phx. Man...if Phx gets the first overall that would be tinfoil hat territory.

Anyone but Oilers and Coyotes. Hell, even a Sens/Ducks would be ok

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Leafs to get #1 pick. I feeeeeel it
If there were any justice, we'd get it. But Sabres have the highest chance and I wonder if Isles will defer if it's 1st overall...my guess is no, but I would laugh so hard if they 'own' it next year.

A first overall for a RENTAL that didn't even finish the season with them...and they got a second in return?

Strombone ‏@strombone1 2m

690 PLAYERS 30 TEAMS 14 QUALIFIERS BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE GOAL ONE NIGHT ONLY #weliveforthis #nhldraftlottery

Luongo is going to LOOOOVE the no one cares fanbase in Florida

Top Bottom