• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
.@TSNBobMcKenzie: By my math, there's 76.8% chance one of 5 teams in studio will go home with No. 1 pick. Or 23.2% they don't. #arithmetic

@strombone1: @TSNBobMcKenzie I'll slide you a five in a couple weeks when I see you. You know what to do!

Lu gonna get us that #1!!

SMH McKenzie you sellout.

gaming_noob

Florida already has a few great Centers. Will they go for Ekblad?

Leafs should trade Phaneuf and their 8th pick for Oiler's 3rd and Gagne

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Thank god the Sens didn't win the lottery. The #10 pick isn't anything special.

I wish they told us if the Devils won and had to redraw though :p

zroid

Banned
.@TSNBobMcKenzie: By my math, there's 76.8% chance one of 5 teams in studio will go home with No. 1 pick. Or 23.2% they don't. #arithmetic

@strombone1: @TSNBobMcKenzie I'll slide you a five in a couple weeks when I see you. You know what to do!

Lu gonna get us that #1!!

:lol

the RD1 TSN panel is going to be great

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
LOOOOOOOOOOOL BUFFALO!!!!!

Please, PLEASE, PLEAAAASE someone take Ekblad before Edmonton gets him. I'd laugh my ass off if they got another forward.

Fei

Leafs fans laughing at Buffalo's position is funny. Coming out with a Sam and Dal Colle sounds pretty awesome. And we may end up with the Blues 2014 and 2015 #1 pick. Keep those guys in juniors and tank away for McDavid/Eichel.

I think we'll be alright. Just irrelevant for another year or two.

The shabbiness will rear its head when they trade that #2 for a Luke Schenn equivalent down the road.

You have Holmgren as a GM, not us. :lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Think this worked out well for both Florida and Buffalo, they were probably gonna take Ekblad/Reinhart respectively anyway
More soft forwards for Edmonton! Phoenix can suck it!

Tallon is gonna have a scary team on his hands in a few years. If he keeps it, I don't see how he can't take Ekblad. So, Buffalo will get an elite centre and Crapmonton will likely take the other centre or trade down and maybe take the other D. I wonder if Nonis can get something done. We'd love to get Reinhart or Bennett.

Our 8th overall, Franson, Reimer, and Brown for the 3rd overall.

Everyone though the Avs would take Jones and Florida wanted MacKinnon, then we took Mack! :p

Worked out very well for you. I was originally down on that but I was wrong. Anyway, I think with no consensus #1 this year it's probably more likely they go with the high end d-man since they took the high end center last year.

zroid

Banned
e65Ri4p.png

Fei

If the Sabres get the Isles #5, I'd love to see them be aggressive and try to swap with Edmonton and grab both Reinhart and Bennett.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Florida already has a few great Centers. Will they go for Ekblad?

Leafs should trade Phaneuf and their 8th pick for Oiler's 3rd and Gagne
If we so this, we might as well go full tank mode cause we don't have any other D to step up. Unless we sign Niskanen and Robidas for cheap. Maybe let Franson, Reimer, and Bolland go?

If the Sabres get the Isles #5, I'd love to see them be aggressive and try to swap with Edmonton and grab both Reinhart and Bennett.
I'm betting the Isles give it up though their next year puck could end up higher; you don't want to lose a chance on McDavid.

What would the Sabres possibly offer for the 3rd overall to the Oil?

Niskanen won't come cheap.
We'll have space if we lose Phaneuf, Bolland, maybe trade or buy out Gleason.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Think the Isles keep their pick this year. Never any guarantees.
Is there someone in the top 5 that can help them? They could always trade up for Oil's third. I think it would be better for them to trade down and get some useful pieces.

They could offer something like the Isles #5 and the Blues 2014 or 2015 1st round pick and a prospect. Or a package including Ehrhoff. Sabres have enough assets to pay a large price if they wanted.

Who knows with Garth Snow.
All to possibly start an early tank next year? Damn...well, this way, it'll be painful but sounds like a short turnaround.

Samyy

Oilers are really really really high on Draistl based on insiders apparently, I doubt they trade the pick.
Even rumours swirling they would take him at #1 so...

They could offer something like the Isles #5 and the Blues 2014 or 2015 1st round pick and a prospect. Or a package including Ehrhoff. Sabres have enough assets to pay a large price if they wanted.

Who knows with Garth Snow.

Buffalo should want their 2015 pick anyway I think

Fei

All to possibly start an early tank next year? Damn...well, this way, it'll be painful but sounds like a short turnaround.

Eh, Drouin spent this year in Juniors. I'd be fine keeping any picks we make this year down. We're not a playoff team next year no matter what, so based on the current lottery structure, the best thing for the franchise in 2014-15 is to lose lose lose.

Buffalo should want their 2015 pick anyway I think

I agree with this. There's certainly risk the Isles will improve a lot in the standings, but the reward is worth the gamble.

Oilers are really really really high on Draistl based on insiders apparently, I doubt they trade the pick.
Even rumours swirling they would take him at #1 so...

Honestly if it's not Ekblad then they might as well. Although If I was them, I might see what I can get for that pick+Yak for a high end dman+2015 pick+

Out of interest is there anything on Philly that would get you to trade Ekblad?

In 2010 the Rangers had the number 10 over pick. Head of scouting Gordie Clarke said that in order for the Rangers to move up to first overall they would have had to trade Lundqvist. So plan accordingly haha.

Top Bottom