• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Merguson

Banned
What exactly did Burke have to work with besides picks?

What WERE our prospects back then? Did ANYONE have any trade value? Exactly.

I do see your point but it's been 6 years now. I would think.. and HOPE.. that we have the assets to land players we sorely lack.

I was a defender of Burke but in hindsight, he put us on a path that didn't really go anywhere. Heck, he decided the roster he inherited was good enough to trade two 1st round picks for a sniper, and signed Komisarek/Beauchemin to help.

It didn't work out. So I just wish the Leafs moved on from Burke/Nonis and the rest of the people they brought on board.

Cake Boss

Banned
I wonder how Spezza body will handle the western conference going against the other teams bigger faster centers like Kesler, Carter etc on a regular basis.

kingslunk

The real question is what is the long term goal for the Stars and Spezza. Are we going to just keep him for his contract and let him go when its up? Are we going to try to wrap him up in another one?

Seems like it fills the 2C void for a year. Thought Nill was about long term deals.

cube444

lol... Keep on posting bud. Clearly you have everything in the world agst Spezza as you only reply back to anything related to the trade to bash him haha

Not at all. You being in the West probably are going on his past. He "currently" is horrible 5 on 5, is injury prone and on the decline.

I like the Stars and hope he does well for you guys but just saying to keep the bar low.

He's the third best center on your team.

The real question is what is the long term goal for the Stars and Spezza. Are we going to just keep him for his contract and let him go when its up? Are we going to try to wrap him up in another one?

Seems like it fills the 2C void for a year. Thought Nill was about long term deals.

I'd say the fact he said no to Nashville but yes to you guys means he's open to signing there.

pringles

Good trade by Dallas, though isn't Chiasson promising?

Wings resigned Teletubby for 2 years at less than a million cap hit, probably the best move they'll make all day.
These kinds of deals are Holland's biggest strength. Hope he can get Tatar and Dekeyser in at lower than projected too and free up some cap space.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why not? He barely even played with Spezza and they sucked when he did.
Two captains leaving by their own decision in two years, and a team that is handicapped by a shitty owner who refuses to spend money to help get the team where they need to be. It would be easy to see why he wouldn't want to stay.

kingslunk

That's what I thought. I've obviously only seen him play a couple times, but he jumped off the screen. Then again, it was against Buffalo..

Chiasson was frustrating to watch toward the end of the season. He was a rookie and I know his body was really feeling the drag toward the end. I think once he figures his game out he'll be a really solid offensive force. I hope he turns out good for the Sens. Thought he was a classy guy the times that I met him.

zroid

Banned
Going to watch the Smellies get blown out now, I trust this thread to keep me updated on whatever dumb shit Nonis does next.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 28s

D.Boyle expects 4 offers. Washington is believed to have joined a group of teams that also includes Tor, Mtl, Det, NYR and Tampa Bay. #FAF

WE ALREADY HAVE MIKE GREEN YOU DUMBFUCKS

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
4th Period said:
Habs seem to be pursuing Radim Vrbata quite heavily... Doesn't sound like Brian Gionta will be back, as he test the waters
I would be really, really, really happy if we could sign Vrbata. Such an underrated player.

Two captains leaving by their own decision in two years, and a team that is handicapped by a shitty owner who refuses to spend money to help get the team where they need to be. It would be easy to see why he wouldn't want to stay.

I guess we'll what happens then since we just got rid of a big reason why we sucked last year.

I don't think any spending would have improved the team much lately but the time to spend is approaching given where our prospects are. We have more money now too.

Remember that big name UFA always take a pass on Ottawa. So big signings are not in our future.

Not at all. You being in the West probably are going on his past. He "currently" is horrible 5 on 5, is injury prone and on the decline.

I like the Stars and hope he does well for you guys but just saying to keep the bar low.

He's the third best center on your team.

I'd say the fact he said no to Nashville but yes to you guys means he's open to signing there.

Eakin is good but he's no 2C compared to Spezza

Likewise, he's on a 1yr. Could dump him for value at trade deadline. We are in good shape.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Welcome to hell

I've tried many times to get into the Civ games with Civ IV and just couldn't do it. I need to try again with Civ V, which I somehow didn't know I actually owned on Steam.

You're right. Orpik it is.

jytuM8A.gif

Good trade by Dallas, though isn't Chiasson promising?

These kinds of deals are Holland's biggest strength. Hope he can get Tatar and Dekeyser in at lower than projected too and free up some cap space.

Yep, he does do a good job at signing RFA's to good contracts, too bad he can't take that skill and work it in other areas like free agency.

T-minus 2 minutes until disappointment!!!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Apparently Wings are now after Stralman because, you guessed it, he shoots right-handed. This pushing by Babcock for right-handed shooters is ludicrous. One of the most overrated things in the league.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Apparently Wings are now after Stralman because, you guessed it, he shoots right-handed. This pushing by Babcock for right-handed shooters is ludicrous. One of the most overrated things in the league.

Lefty-shots do it better.

Top Bottom