• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Eh, kind of looks like the Sens got worked. Not even a 1st with all those mid range prospects?

Merguson

Banned
So in a little over a year, Jim Nill has acquired Seguin and Spezza as top six centres.

Since 2008, the Burke/Nonis era has given us Bozak as our top centre.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Red Wings got rid of the wrong front office guy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gio officially hitting the market at noon. Fare well El Capitan, it is time for the reign of Subban to begin.

Spezza is a UFA after next season and obviously wanted out of Ottawa. Not bad all things considered for an overrated and declining player.
Not bad? Couldn't be much worse for a 1 C and one of the highest scoring 1 C's in recent memory.

cube444

Gio officially hitting the market at noon. Fare well El Capitan, it is time for the reign of Subban to begin.

Not bad? Couldn't be much worse for a 1 C and one of the highest scoring 1 C's in recent memory.

Not bad in the sense that a GM has his hands tied because a player wants out. Spezza only has one year left too. Who knows if Dallas even signs him beyond that.

All hail Jim Nill!

BEAST of a trade. Ottawa couldn't even get a first rounder... we have so many amazing prospects and they get Chiasson and a 4th rounder in 2013 and a 3rd rounder in 2010.

cube444

All hail Jim Nill!

BEAST of a trade. Ottawa couldn't even get a first rounder... we have so many amazing prospects and they get Chiasson and a 4th rounder in 2013 and a 3rd rounder in 2010.

Dude, it's only Spezza.

He will fold come playoff time.

UFA next season, already on the decline and injury concerns too.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Down Goes Brown recaps the NHL Draft.

Speaking of which, here’s a quick power ranking of draft announcement performances by GMs and others:

4. Ron Hextall, Flyers: Needless to say, the rookie GM got a big ovation. That was mostly because he’s a beloved former player from the home team, and perhaps just a little bit because the Flyers’ draft table was probably the most ridiculously intimidating collection of people ever assembled. The Expendables 4 is just going to be the world’s most famous action heroes getting beaten up by the Flyers’ front office. The movie will last three minutes.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dion... Phaneuf.

oh wait you mean the other guy?

That other guy!

So if we're actually promoting some Marlies:

Holland, D'Amigo, Ashton are the most likely to be brought up.

Anyone else I'm missing?

edit:

nm looks like Jonas Siegel answered that for me:

Leafs have holes in bottom-6 that could be filled by likes of Ashton, D'Amigo, Leivo, Abbott, Holland, etc. next year

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So in a little over a year, Jim Nill has acquired Seguin and Spezza as top six centres.

Since 2008, the Burke/Nonis era has given us Bozak as our top centre.
What exactly did Burke have to work with besides picks?

What WERE our prospects back then? Did ANYONE have any trade value? Exactly.

Spezza isn't a 1c anymore. Not on Ottawa and not on most other teams.

He's a bigger liability than an asset 5on5 imo.

I like the trade gives us the most $ available for trades and signings.

There's more coming.

4 goals in his last 20 playoff games, and on the decline.

That is correct. He's declining it'll be a miracle of he's not injured by the time playoffs roll around.

And he's gonna get hit more in the west.

Good riddance. Sens are so much better without him.

I'm so happy. Chiasson is a great kid and has tons of potential but man.. he is terrible on defense. Team worst +/- rating for a reason :(

But he's a big fighter. Hope he does well in Ottawa.

Top Bottom