• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
A tank was never the intention. Didn't Trevor Linden say he wanted to make the playoffs next year before hiring his GM?
That's a lot to ask of a group coming off arguably it's worse season in a long time. Not to mention while the Canucks had a freakin awesome draft, they haven't upgraded immediately whereas a lot of other teams in the West have done so.

Miller could help, but they have to get back to the up tempo cycling aggressive offensive game they used to have. Can they still do it withou AV?

Merguson

Banned
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Leafs brass meeting internally...designing at least 1 more pitch for Dave Bolland. #FAF

jpAMPsa.gif

That's a lot to ask of a group coming off arguably it's worse season in a long time. Not to mention while the Canucks had a freakin awesome draft, they haven't upgraded immediately whereas a lot of other teams in the West have done so.

Miller could help, but they have to get back to the up tempo cycling aggressive offensive game they used to have. Can they still do it withou AV?

I think they are hoping for the Sedins to rebound after a horrible year under Tortorella and definitely some forward help.. like Iginla was mentioned.

Mentok

Banned
Gorges is gone 100%, no coming back from this and it's clear Bergevin needs the cap space. Even if he has to take a loss on the trade, I'm expecting him to be moved in the next few hours.

Oh yeah, he's gone for sure. But there's rumours that MB would put him on waivers (which seems like a complete waste and a terrible move). I meant more if we can get anything decent for him.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I must have missed this.

Gorges is gone 100%, no coming back from this and it's clear Bergevin needs the cap space. Even if he has to take a loss on the trade, I'm expecting him to be moved in the next few hours.

That line in 2010-11

Macarthur - 21-41-62
Kulemin - 30-27-57
Grabovski 29-29-58

Totals: 80-97-177

Always dressed as a 2nd line and our coach kept calling it the 2nd line... despite them being top 5 in points

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh yeah, he's gone for sure. But there's rumours that MB would put him on waivers (which seems like a complete waste and a terrible move). I meant more if we can get anything decent for him.
Hard to say. Like I said before, I imagine Bergevin is pretty pissed this got out, it might be difficult for him to get a decent return now. I wish Gorges would just accept the trade to the Leafs, I'd love a good Toronto fleecing.

Merguson

Banned
Hard to say. Like I said before, I imagine Bergevin is pretty pissed this got out, it might be difficult for him to get a decent return now. I wish Gorges would just accept the trade to the Leafs, I'd love a good Toronto fleecing.

I wouldn't be surprised this was an intentional leak.

DopeyFish

STOP IT LEAFS

FUCKING STOP

Time to sign ribeiro to a 10/$10 mil contract

Edit: other GMs have face to face meetings with players like stastny and ehrhoff

We have face to face meetings with 3rd and 4th liners

Fuck the leafs have some awful priorities

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Time to sign ribeiro to a 10/$10 mil contract

Edit: other GMs have face to face meetings with players like stastny and ehrhoff

We have face to face meetings with 3rd and 4th liners

Fuck the leafs have some awful priorities

Hey don't worry, I'm sure they'll send a team to meet face to face with Gorges.

Razorskin

----- ------
@SunGarrioch 5s
Jason Spezza has been dealt to the Dallas Stars pending a trade call. Involves substantial prospects and avails cash for other trades. #Sens

DopeyFish

Hey don't worry, I'm sure they'll send a team to meet face to face with Gorges.

Nonis is probably outside in Gorges driveway on his knees begging him to waive by now

And gorges probably isn't home.

^^^ noooo i wanted more cake boss salt

Merguson

Banned
I think the loss Bergevin faces from this, outweighs an positive for him. Any activity with the Leafs seems to leak.

Eh, some activity leaks. Not all. Gunnarsson/Polak trade? Not until it was actually done.

Everyone starts talking about Leafs qualifying offers.. turns out a good number of them were already done in May. We never heard anything about it. The Leafs wanted to keep it quiet.

The leaks happen because the Leafs want it to happen, in my opinion.

Cake Boss

Banned
Apprently 3 forwards and a pick.

Yes day off, gonna be hungover as fuck tomorrow trying to play with people's pension plans on excel and SAP :lol

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
HYNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Razorskin

----- ------
HYNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Didn't you used to work for Gearbox?

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3s

DAL trades Alec Chiasson, Alex Guptill, Nicholas Paul and 2nd round pick in 2015 to OTT for Jason Spezza and Ludvig Karlsson. #TSN

Bootleg Karlsson

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Yes for...what...? D:

By the way, loved OMD 1+2. Hate the newest iteration.

Having Spezza and Seguin up the middle must be nice...wonder what is going the other way.

Cake Boss

Banned
BWAHAHAHAHAH WE GOT FLEECED LMAOOOOO MURRAY YOU STUPID CUNT

GONNA DRINK THIS DAY AWAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

zroid

Banned
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3s

DAL trades Alec Chiasson, Alex Guptill, Nicholas Paul and 2nd round pick in 2015 to OTT for Jason Spezza and Ludvig Karlsson. #TSN

Bootleg Karlsson

lmao

Sens probably said "we'll give you Karlsson" and the Stars were so happy they didn't bother to check which

Top Bottom