• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Samyy

And really isn't that exactly what they need? If Nashville feels they can't afford Weber anymore, would they take that deal? Theres some good value there.

I have a hard time believing anyone is going to be able to offer better value but I still think Oilers need to add something.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Leaf fans, there's a rumour on HF that Tim Leiweke isn't happy in Toronto. Any truth to that? Or is it just your usual HFBoards baseless speculation?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Leaf fans, there's a rumour on HF that Tim Leiweke isn't happy in Toronto. Any truth to that? Or is it just your usual HFBoards baseless speculation?
I haven't read anything in particular, but by all accounts he had his hands in a lot of pies and is happy with the results. If the Raps and TFC had still played terribly, I dunno...but I can't think of a bigger organization for him to ply his trade and prove he can work miracles.

HFBoards is probably, as usual, full of shit. Dude looks like he's ready to come out swinging to prove he is a winner. So, unless there is more BELL/ROGERS corporate bullshit and politics, I think it's baseless.

Samyy

If there was even a hint or some kind of speculation Toronto media would have been discussing it all fucking week. I doubt it but a board made up of Rogers and Bell does sound like an issue.

Could be. Maybe Just the Pick + Yak + Prospect Dman for Weber + 2nd

Looks good to me.
I'd do this if I was the Oilers.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Could be. Maybe Just the Pick + Yak + Prospect Dman for Weber + 2nd
I'm not sure I'd do this if I were Nash unless they are SUPREMELY confident in Jones and want a potential McDavid next year
If there was even a hint or some kind of speculation Toronto media would have been discussing it all fucking week. I doubt it but a board made up of Rogers and Bell does sound like an issue.

Looks good to me.
I think the Oil need more than Weber. Lord knows they have no need for Yak.

gaming_noob

Looks good to me.

Bob McCowen mentioned he heard rumblings about it 2 weeks ago. There is some truth to this.

It's from a comment he made on the radio yesterday. Something like he won't be there forever, and he's 2/3s done in getting MLSE's franchises back on track. McCown and Brunt speculated that maybe he wasn't enjoying the dynamics of the MLSE board, or that it was a tough winter.

And maybe he's not happy. But the guy is a sports executive who's in his late 50s. Of course he doesn't see himself staying around for another 20 odd years or so. Many guys at his age and at his level move from 'project' to 'project'.

Quick

Banned
Jesus Christ Quick

1341116334623.gif

Thank you Flames for being dumb enough not to accept this, and screw you Holland for even offering it!! Makes me angry again about the Jarnkrok trade again, kid is going to be good, I can feel it:

McKenzie "I've heard that the Flames could have had Nyquist and Tatar for Bouwmeester or another player but chose not to"

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Nail Yakupov riding shotgun with Leon Draisaitl next season? Aww yea!!!!
Oilers are gonna be AWESOME* next year!

*sorta**
**not really***
***okay fine, nothing's going to change.. happy?

I was asleep when it happened but I just wanted to give some props to Dubbed for getting #1 draft pick.

Damn happy it's not the Oilers again.

And Ducks getting the 10th pick? That's really nothing to scoff at.

Socreges

Banned
I was asleep when it happened but I just wanted to give some props to Dubbed for getting #1 draft pick.

Damn happy it's not the Oilers again.
This is the 4th time the Panthers have had the #1 pick in their 20-year history. More often than the Oilers! Granted it's been 10 years since the last time. They've been stuck with 2nd and 3rd overall picks!

Excited to see who the Canucks pick. Really not the strongest draft, though. A handful of the top ten will end up being busts, I bet.

calder

Maurice signs a 4 year extension, good.. good. The end aligns with Chevy's contract so that makes sense. I wonder if Maurice was a bit more motivated to get the contract done after he saw everyone in Winnipeg go from "sign Maurice now!" to "well actually no rush let's look at our options" the minute Barry Trotz was let go.

So, no chance of Carlyle is great, now Randy can fulfill his destiny by cratering the Canucks next year.

fallout

Maurice signs a 4 year extension, good.. good. The end aligns with Chevy's contract so that makes sense. I wonder if Maurice was a bit more motivated to get the contract done after he saw everyone in Winnipeg go from "sign Maurice now!" to "well actually no rush let's look at our options" the minute Barry Trotz was let go.
This is good news. I mean, I don't think Maurice is a solution to all the Jets' problems, but I like the approach he's taken with the players and I hope he can do more with them with a fresh start.

Top Bottom