• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

I can't wait for Quantum Break! So many great games coming out this year.

AH YEAH!!!

2545527-0572199691-quant.gif

Oh:

Waterpocalypse 2014 Day 3, delays, after delays, after delays. The people who are still alive after 3 days of unclean water demand answers and yet they have received none. The government keeps calling for a press conference to inform the citizens if their water is safe to drink. It was supposed to come around 8pm Sunday, then it was delayed until 10pm, then delayed until 1am, and delayed again. They have failed the people and the people are revolting back causing even more mass chaos through the streets. Money is no longer accepted and bottled water is now the new currency. People have taken the law into their own hands to prevent water theft which has become rampant. I myself have taken shelter to the north of the chaos, I have found Detroit to be the only safe haven (safe and Detroit in one sentence, WTF). Here they have clean water, yet their murder rates are still higher, go figure. I can manage though, I will re-stock myself with clean water and travel back into the chaos later today, sometimes when death is knocking on your door, you need to charge it head on instead of running away, I only hope I survive what it has in store for me once I return...

Tom Penny

Well since this is an NHL thread sort of right now Rene Rancourt did the National Anthem at my buddies wedding last night. My buddy was hyped to say the least. Didn't see that one coming.

Razorskin

----- ------
Well since this is an NHL thread sort of right now Rene Rancourt did the National Anthem at my buddies wedding last night. My buddy was hyped to say the least. Didn't see that one coming.

He won't be happy when he learns that Rancourt banged his mom too.
I got warned by a mod once for saying "master race" :*(

...granted, it may have been because I said "Black Master Race" (referring to Pokémon Black :lol)

Holy shit dude

Calamari41

41 > 38
Holy fuck GotG was great.

So good. Fun time.

Just saw Guardians of the Galaxy. Good fucking lord that movie was good. Marvel is just wiping the floor with their movies this year. Winter Soldier and GotG.

Yup. Take out the novelty of seeing Iron Man, Cap, etc interacting with each other, and Guardians was easily better than The Avengers. Even if you don't take out that novelty, it stands above.

The whole Justice League bullshit isn't going to stand a chance again the Marvel movies.

Not a chance in hell. Somebody needs to make a gif of [GotG Spoiler hurrr]
the Thanos scene, where Ronan is a DC fanboy talking smack about how the Justice League is going to end Marvel's reign, and then just show Thanos smirking his smirk while the camera pans out.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
KESSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....speaks?!?!?

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/story/?id=458638

TORONTO - Phil Kessel believes the Toronto Maple Leafs are well-positioned to avoid the late-season tailspin that cost them a playoff spot last spring.

After losing 12 of their final 14 games, the Leafs have had an off-season of change, from the hiring of Brendan Shanahan as team president to changes on Randy Carlyle's coaching staff.

On the ice, the team will look different with the additions of defencemen Stephane Robidas and Roman Polak and forwards David Booth, Petri Kontiola, Daniel Winnik and Mike Santorelli and the returns of Leo Komarov and Matt Frattin. It's the front office's hope that reshaping the roster will help the Leafs return to the playoffs, but Kessel said they weren't far off.

"I think we had a good team," Kessel said after a ball-hockey game on centre court at Rexall Centre, site of the Rogers Cup. "We were there last year. We had a bad stretch.

"We don't have that stretch, we're right in it. This year we made some good additions and I think we improved as a team, and we're going to be ready to go."

Kessel, who tweeted a photo of himself playing ball hockey with tennis legend Roger Federer, said the difference to preventing a major losing skid is just finding a way to win close games.

"We've got to be prepared for the long season, and we won't go through one of those again," Kessel said.

With a deeper set of bottom-six forwards, the Leafs may not have to rely so much on Kessel and first-line left-winger James van Riemsdyk, who played big minutes last season. Kessel, who was often double-shifted, finished with seven points in the final 14 games.

Var

A friend of mine got me back into playing Mtg recently..... between that and my dogs surgery, I might need to start turning tricks to afford beer and coffee.

Oh and fuck the cost of hockey, all I wanted to do was play hockey growing up but we were poor immigrants. Stupid fucking expensive.

One of my friends just started to learn how to play 3-4 years ago. He was 31 at the time and didn't even know how to skate.

NOOO, the offseason thread can't stop yet, we still suck and haven't done anything this offseason! I don't want to go through the torture of this season knowing Quincey and Cleary are still on this team.

zroid

Banned
In memory of this thread let's reminisce about its first few pages. Remember how we all thought for sure Carlyle would get sacked? Good times...

Top Bottom