• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Razorskin

----- ------
atop.gif

STOP IT, NONIS. STOP THIS MADNESS.

http://i.imgur.com/dY2FG0q.gif
Sherlock spoiler for for those who care

Just went to TSN.

Saw Canada lost to France.

And US is up 4-1 at the end of two.

lol

EDIT: Aww yiss three Sotans on Team USA. And mah man Brock Nelson is one of 'em. What a bawss.

I wouldn't put it past Carlyle to want to trade Morgan Rielly for Matt Cooke.

I mean I wouldn't be entirely opposed to it but I don't know. I really like what Cooke does for this team.

When he's not being a dumbass, that is.

Acid08

Banned
Hertl got an assist on Jagr's goal and our prospect Viendensky scored for the Slovaks. Wingels apparently had a good game too.

I hope Jagr can teach Hertl some stuff during the tournament.

zroid

Banned
Hertl got an assist on Jagr's goal and our prospect Viendensky scored for the Slovaks. Wingels apparently had a good game too.

I hope Jagr can teach Hertl some stuff during the tournament.

Worlds must be a nice consolation prize for Hertl considering he missed the Olympics

Day two, thoughts.

John Shannon made the comment that firing the assistants basically nullifies Carlyle's 'voice' in the locker room. My gosh I hope it has that effect. To this point, Nonis was pretty clear that it was him and Shanahan controlling the hiring process, and that Carlyle would only provide input. Shannon of course thought this was a big mistake - for me, it's the only positive angle we can take, because it makes it much more likely that one of the assistants is head-coach in training.

Moving Kadri and Gardiner is depressing to hear about, but as DGB pointed out, they are the only 2 Leafs who are moveable and who have any value.

And that capgeek roster is awful. Bolland should be making 2.9m tops... while playing for Florida.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Where does NHLGAF buy their jerseys? I got one from Jersey101, but I don't like how it was sized.
I've gotten a couple from http://www.icejerseys.com/ recently, and haven't had any problems with them. Delivery has taken a while, but that's been an issue with me from wherever I order.

Edit: Just looking at the site I just saw this :lol

eliminated_teams.jpg

For all you eliminated guys

Quick

Banned
Every time I see this site mentioned I always read that their jerseys are better than NHL.com's. Is this true?

There's a lot of them that are better than NHL Shop. IceJerseys is a good place, for sure.

NHL Shop uses screen printed numbers and letters (think replica NFL jerseys you find at your chain sports store), whereas other places stitch.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've gotten a couple from http://www.icejerseys.com/ recently, and haven't had any problems with them. Delivery has taken a while, but that's been an issue with me from wherever I order.

Edit: Just looking at the site I just saw this :lol

eliminated_teams.jpg

For all you eliminated guys

Damn, Leafs fans can buy jerseys 20% off for half the regular season, that's a pretty sweet deal

Samyy

Holland, Leivo, Finn, and Brown. Why we got so much busts?

The entire team played well today
Percy - Granberg is such a steady pairing, so good at neutralizing any offence.

And Sam Carrick continues to impress the shit out of me, never was even on my radar - so far has been a great 5th round pick.

zroid

Banned
Tanking for McDavid sounds great, except the Leafs are never going to win the lottery, and however bad the team might be as a whole, they'll have enough good pieces like Kessel, Gardiner, and Bernier who will definitely go on hot streaks at times and make a proper tank impossible. :\

Probably going to end up with a ~6th pick who will be a good player but have a net neutral effect on the squad.

Top Bottom