• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Razorskin

----- ------
Corvo's tattoos are awful.

nrI3CmS.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Every time I see this site mentioned I always read that their jerseys are better than NHL.com's. Is this true?
I've never bought a jersey from NHL.com because of the stories I've heard, the ones I've gotten from Icejersey have been fantastic quality, definitely recommend them if you don't need it ASAP. It took about 6 weeks for me to receive my Galchenyuk Jersey.

Merguson

Banned
Day two, thoughts.

John Shannon made the comment that firing the assistants basically nullifies Carlyle's 'voice' in the locker room. My gosh I hope it has that effect. To this point, Nonis was pretty clear that it was him and Shanahan controlling the hiring process, and that Carlyle would only provide input. Shannon of course thought this was a big mistake - for me, it's the only positive angle we can take, because it makes it much more likely that one of the assistants is head-coach in training.

Moving Kadri and Gardiner is depressing to hear about, but as DGB pointed out, they are the only 2 Leafs who are moveable and who have any value.

And that capgeek roster is awful. Bolland should be making 2.9m tops... while playing for Florida.

I'm just not sure how the team having control over who the assistant coaches are could help.

Two of the three fired assistant coaches are leftovers from Ron Wilson's era... handpicked by management.

Trading Kadri/Gardiner continues to be one of the stupidest ideas I've heard. Does anybody have any ideas for trades that make sense, because I seriously can't think of any.

Everyone's been talking about the Leafs needing pieces like a number one centre. If you don't believe Kadri is a number one centre, then the logical thing would be to put him a package for a number one centre. The team with that number one centre would certainly be asking for a guy in Kadri in return.

Or moving up in the draft, but you hear about that literally every time at the draft in regards to the Leafs.

Trading Kadri/Gardiner continues to be one of the stupidest ideas I've heard. Does anybody have any ideas for trades that make sense, because I seriously can't think of any.

It seems like one of those things that's going to set the franchise back a few years, but everyone in charge is oblivious or doesn't care :(

zroid

Banned

It makes sense under Carlyle because he wouldn't give them any ice time anyway

It's all they have to trade. There is virtually no one else in the NHL roster that other teams would want.

If they want to move Bozak, Gleason or Clarkson, they're going to have to throw in a Kadri or Gardiner.

It makes sense under Carlyle because he wouldn't give them any ice time anyway

Both guys had good ice-time under Carlyle. Gardiner was 2nd overall and Kadri 11th.

One of the PPP guys mentioned this several times yesterday on Twitter: Carlyle may misuse and mistreat the young players, but he does give the better ones decent TOI. It just seems otherwise because he only rolls 3 FWD lines, so extra minutes that really should have gone to Hollan, Ashton, D'Amigo etc were frittered away on overplaying Kessel's line.

I'm just not sure how the team having control over who the assistant coaches are could help.

Two of the three fired assistant coaches are leftovers from Ron Wilson's era... handpicked by management.

I guess the theory is that firing Farrish puts the onus on Carlyle to change, or something.

It's going to be interesting to see who they hire. My guess is its going to be dudes 90% of us have never heard of rather than Oates (shudder) or Muller.

zroid

Banned
LOL someone gif Scrivens falling on the net please

edit: I wonder why Giroux didn't go, since he was snubbed for the Olympics. Banged up, maybe?

calder

Pieces slotting into place, bounces, PDO evening out etc etc

Good to see. Amusingly before beiksla bounced one in I was about to post how this team had too many Canucks playing big minutes to win. ;)

calder

Switched to the other game, the officials here clearly have not forgiven Smelly AT ALL for his various transgressions and bans.

Socreges

Banned
Joel Ward was a 28-year-old rookie? Had no idea, just looked it up

33 now, but I wouldn't mind the Canucks trading for him around the deadline if they were in a playoff position............

......lol

Pieces slotting into place, bounces, PDO evening out etc etc

Good to see. Amusingly before beiksla bounced one in I was about to post how this team had too many Canucks playing big minutes to win. ;)
Garrison, Bieksa and Burrows responsible for 3 of 4 goals. Suck it.

As much as Canada's team looks average in some respects, I feel like they probably still have the strongest roster on paper. Olympic year, I guess.

zroid

Banned
Marlies win first two away :>

Kinda want to get tickets for game 3

AHL uses 2-3-2 system apparently, so Chicago will need to get 2 of the next 3 away to stay in it

Razorskin

----- ------

AHL uses 2-3-2 system apparently, so Chicago will need to get 2 of the next 3 away to stay in it

I wish the Habs farm team was in Montreal.

Get tickets unless you're strapped for cash.

Samyy

Hoping it goes to 5 games, planning to go the Saturday game with the brother.

Top Bottom