• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

If you need a #1 defenceman to make Phaneuf better, then you don't need Phaneuf. A true #1 defenceman can play with anyone, and you don't need to pay him $7M.

zroid

Banned
If you need a #1 defenceman to make Phaneuf better, then you don't need Phaneuf. A true #1 defenceman can play with anyone, and you don't need to pay him $7M.

No but the issue is Phaneuf is being used as a #1 D, when he clearly isn't. If he were with a legit #1, we would probably have a great pairing there. But yea obviously he's overpaid.

“They were one of the first teams to reach out and asked what my plans were. I told them I would like to coach and they said they would love to talk to me. But obviously, they’re in the search for their general manager right now,” Trotz said in a phone interview. “From my standpoint of wanting another opportunity, a lot of things excite me about the Capitals and the other teams that are out there. A new challenge, to me, is really exciting.”

M5SrKAM.gif

Top Bottom