• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Warm a spot up for me guys

Kypereos is saying that value-wise, the value between Spezza and Phaneuf are about equal.

Yeah, OK.
I'm not saying they're equal in value, but a premium D like Phaneuf is in higher demand, and will naturally have a higher value because of that.

Lots of stuff on Twitter right now about the Carlyle, Nonis and Shanahan meeting in Vegas.

The story is that Carlyle was advised that the assistants were being fired, and that they expected him to see out the final year of his deal. Carlyle then requested an extra year on his deal, to which they agreed.

Um, I don't know what to make of that, other than it's damn clear that the Leafs have really no idea about what to do with their head coach problem.

Kypereos is saying that value-wise, the value between Spezza and Phaneuf are about equal.

Yeah, OK.

Why wouldn't it be?

Bh7ohvhCEAANgKU.jpg

Quick

Banned
Comrade Keenan gonna whip the commies in Washington into shape.

Prayers to Stalin daily.

How to wear a visor.

Daily analysis of the Communist Manifesto.

Montresor

To all Leafs fans who kept saying "Fleeced!" whenever they had a trade with Anaheim... Please read this.

All cool Leafs fans that don't deserve misery: Don't read that.

This person is a dick. Especially trying to declare Morgan Rielly as a bust. Lupul+Gardiner for Beauchemin was a good trade for both teams. Saddens me that Beauchemin never beasted for the Leafs though. The Biggs pick was just disgusting, but there were several teams that passed on Gibson... not just the Leafs.

And as others have said, Matt Finn is one of Toronto's top prospects... so there's that.

Samyy

Missing that last year of junior really probably hurt Rielly, Murray/Trouba/Lindholm all really had better seasons.

Though I'd want to throw some blame towards Carlyle and his asinine system too.

Samyy

I've had a lot of people try to convince me to read the Way of Kings series, but I learned my lesson on decades long series that don't have Dresden in them.

To be fair, this dude writes crazy fast but yea I'm not looking forward to the wait. He definitely not as bad as GRRM.

Merguson

Banned
James Mirtle @mirtle
Scott Gordon: "I can’t tell you how many times that Randy has said that the thought of trading Jake [Gardiner] can’t even be discussed."

B-b-b-but I thought Randy Carlyle hated him.

EDIT: Granted, he does say until 300 games in. Which speaks to the fact that Carlyle wanted more time with Gardiner before even thinking about urging a trade or whatever.

It never made sense to me, anyways. If Carlyle didn't like MacArthur or Grabovski, he showed it with their decreased ice-time and role. That isn't the case for Gardiner at all.

zroid

Banned

EDIT: Granted, he does say until 300 games in. Which speaks to the fact that Carlyle wanted more time with Gardiner before even thinking about urging a trade or whatever. Apparently management must have thought otherwise.

It never made sense to me, anyways. If Carlyle didn't like MacArthur or Grabovski, he showed it with their decreased ice-time and role. That isn't the case for Gardiner at all.

I'm reading the whole article now http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...ks-out-complacency-killed-us/article18637941/

some interesting bits in there

Hitchcock's going to shit with the org hiring his replacement already.

Doug MacLean must be so happy.

EDIT: Granted, he does say until 300 games in. Which speaks to the fact that Carlyle wanted more time with Gardiner before even thinking about urging a trade or whatever.

Makes you wonder if the defenceman he pilloried a few weeks ago was Rielly or Franson.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's not like he had a lot to work with on that defense to replace him, and you can dislike a player while still recognizing his talent. Just look at Subban and how every coach has pretty much disliked him.

Ugh.

The stuff Gordon says...

The Leafs sucked because the players were lazy and wouldn't listen.

Also because Komarov, Fraser and Bolland were out of the line-up.

Oh, and Bernier's injury too, because eff you Reimer.

Carlyle? AMAZING dude. Much receptivity.

Top Bottom