• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

yyzjohn

Banned
This person is a dick. Especially trying to declare Morgan Rielly as a bust. Lupul+Gardiner for Beauchemin was a good trade for both teams. Saddens me that Beauchemin never beasted for the Leafs though. The Biggs pick was just disgusting, but there were several teams that passed on Gibson... not just the Leafs.

And as others have said, Matt Finn is one of Toronto's top prospects... so there's that.

Speaking of Finn:

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=719047

Pretty good for a guy who "is no longer in hockey"

Samyy

Sounding more and more like Shanahan forced Nonis & Carlyle to fire the assistants + not giving Carlyle choice on his new assistants.

Honestly I'm thinking Shanahan is waiting for a GM/Coach and doesn't want to make the change right now, he probably won't let them make any stupid deals.

I hope

/hope

Merguson

Banned
Sounding more and more like Shanahan forced Nonis & Carlyle to fire the assistants + not giving Carlyle choice on his new assistants.

Honestly I'm thinking Shanahan is waiting for a GM/Coach and doesn't want to make the change right now, he probably won't let them make any stupid deals.

I hope

/hope

"My way or the highway, bitches." - Shanahan

zroid

Banned
Oh hey it's been a while since a team got eliminated...

AP120327063539.jpg

welcome brothers

Honestly though, coaches may have been waiting to see what happens with the Pens?
Would you pass up an opportunity to coach a team with Crosby and Malkin?

That's what worries me. I see us as a good look for coaches because of the success of Ruff, Tippett, Hitchcock, Queenville. The next coach is crucial for this team, there is the chance to move out of the rebuild or to flounder and be back at square one. I know Tallon needs results for the new owners so this summer will keep him secure or be his swords of Damocles.

John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross 47s
Source: "lots of dissension in the locker room during the playoffs towards him (Blysma). Arguing in meetings, etc. 99.98% he's gone"

rip

Samyy

Antoine Bibeau makes 40 saves to help get Val d'Or to the memorial cup. Thats two Leafs prospects in the tournament I think.

Bibeau has played okay these playoffs, his numbers aren't the greatest in the world but its moot because I don't know what the average save % is in the Q.

pringles

Antoine Bibeau makes 40 saves to help get Val d'Or to the memorial cup. Thats two Leafs prospects in the tournament I think.

Bibeau has played okay these playoffs, his numbers aren't the greatest in the world but its moot because I don't know what the average save % is in the Q.
Saw the end of the game, Anthony Mantha is a beast.

Bring him to Detroit ASAP.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
According to @TSNquizmaster, that's 81 goals in 81 GP for Mantha. 57 in 57 reg season; 24 in 24 playoffs. No math major but that's GAG.

Samyy

Saw the end of the game, Anthony Mantha is a beast.

Bring him to Detroit ASAP.

Mantha ain't debuting until 2018!

That's what worries me. I see us as a good look for coaches because of the success of Ruff, Tippett, Hitchcock, Queenville. The next coach is crucial for this team, there is the chance to move out of the rebuild or to flounder and be back at square one. I know Tallon needs results for the new owners so this summer will keep him secure or be his swords of Damocles.

Well apparently Shero and Trotz have a relationship :/

Merguson

Banned

Bibeau was named QMJHL playoff MVP. Pretty good for him!

Acid08

Banned
Welcome Wild-Gaf. I understand those stanchion blues. Your team looked really great throughout the playoffs though, should be even better next year.

Top Bottom