• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
That's why I wanna know how a potato would do. :p

How many of those forwards do you end up trading as prospects before they develop so you can actually have a decent blue line and goaltender under that system though?

Somebody has to find a way to do it including defensemen and/or goaltenders too.

Yeah and I don't think anything like that really happened before or has since ....

(not saying it won't but I doubt it)

Otherwise the Leafs would have a small army of good ol' Toronno boys for Cherry.
Garrison specifically went to Van for that reason, rumored to have left Wideman money on the table.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Garrison specifically went to Van for that reason, rumored to have left Wideman money on the table.

yeah there's a reason we never sign free agents.

No cap space and high taxes.

Well at least the first point is gone....... and then the FA class sucks. :(

Quick

Banned
Huh, I guess I'd have that face all the time too if my significant other was swallowing all the time.

6WpxpvQ.gif

Acid08

Banned
For my Giant Bomb bros, Vinny leaving SF for NY is legitimately a gigantic bummer. I still love Jeff and Brad but Vinny has been the best dude there for a long time. Potentially having less content with him sucks.

For my Giant Bomb bros, Vinny leaving SF for NY is legitimately a gigantic bummer. I still love Jeff and Brad but Vinny has been the best dude there for a long time. Potentially having less content with him sucks.

Oh shit, I had no idea this was happening. :(

Life goes on man.

It couldn't always be the same.

:(

I think it'll be the same amount of Vinny content, just in worse context. Alex has the personality of a 17 year old growing up when wrestling was cool. Alex-Vinny banter is just going to be sad.

Acid08

Banned
I think it'll be the same amount of Vinny content, just in worse context. Alex has the personality of a 17 year old growing up when wrestling was cool. Alex-Vinny banter is just going to be sad.
I'm more worried about the Bombcast. Unless they Skype Vinny in it's going to be Jeff/Drew/Brad. Not super into that.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
If I didn't respek you, I'd tell you to get the fuck out.

Instead, I'll just tell you you're a bad person.

I dont agree with what you say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

To stay spoiler free, I'll just say not enough of the title character, and total BS that it was so dark and smoky that you could barely see what was going on when he was on screen. There's like 30 minutes of truly awesome stuff and 90 minutes of pointless crap.

Hoping Days of Future Past delivers this weekend.

jaybeeze

I dont agree with what you say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

To stay spoiler free, I'll just say not enough of the title character, and total BS that it was so dark and smoky that you could barely see what was going on when he was on screen. There's like 30 minutes of truly awesome stuff and 90 minutes of pointless crap.

Yeah, I think they overplayed the whole Jaws-esque slow reveal just a tad. But holy, when it was awesome, it was AWESOME.

Acid08

Banned
The GB thread is such a pit of suck. Can't believe people say it's a constant circle jerk of positivity when there's ALWAYS talk about the site being shit now and personal attacks on the employees.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah, I think they overplayed the whole Jaws-esque slow reveal just a tad. But holy, when it was awesome, it was AWESOME.
GOJIRA SPOILER
That final kill shot of blue breath down that MUTOs throat was incredible and worth the price of admission alone.

It only takes gross over payment.

The Suter contract seems fair so far. The Parise one might be a bit inflated but his work ethic and leadership capabilities has been a stellar example for all of the younger guys on the team now. I have no issue with either of their contracts thus far but who knows if it will hurt us 10 years down the road. We can deal with that then.

Yeah and I don't think anything like that really happened before or has since ....

(not saying it won't but I doubt it)

Otherwise the Leafs would have a small army of good ol' Toronno boys for Cherry.

Every once in a while you get it. Suter, Parise, Garrisson, Clarkson, and so on. They sometimes don't turn out so great but it's a nice storyline for teams. I think it's pretty good for the league as a whole.

GOJIRA SPOILER
That final kill shot of blue breath down that MUTOs throat was incredible and worth the price of admission alone.

Damn near stood up and cheered there when that happened. So good.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Every once in a while you get it. Suter, Parise, Garrisson, Clarkson, and so on. They sometimes don't turn out so great but it's a nice storyline for teams. I think it's pretty good for the league as a whole
I don't think it has ever worked out for Toronto...
Lindros, Peca, Clarkson, Gilmour part 2, Clark part 2, Bolland, I'm sure there is more I'm missing.

I guess maybe CuJo worked out?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I don't think it has ever worked out for Toronto...
Lindros, Peca, Clarkson, Gilmour part 2, Clark part 2, Bolland, I'm sure there is more I'm missing.

I guess maybe CuJo worked out?

Edit
Oh wait it's about toranna boys

Ummm yeah all failure

We almost did get gretzky tho... Shame that our owners were so damn cheap at the time (stavro at the time , I think)

The Suter contract seems fair so far. The Parise one might be a bit inflated but his work ethic and leadership capabilities has been a stellar example for all of the younger guys on the team now. I have no issue with either of their contracts thus far but who knows if it will hurt us 10 years down the road. We can deal with that then.

I agree, I would pay that much for Suter, not Parise though.

Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74 4m
I can confirm the Pittsburgh Penguins are interested in Pierre McGuire for their open GM post. Not sure McGuire will interview though.

Jimmy Murphy ‏@MurphysLaw74 2m
As McGuire has told @HunterZThompson and others he prides himself in loyalty and he is a loyal friend and colleague to Ray Shero.

Pierre pls. Interview and get the job. Everyone has your support.

Razorskin

----- ------
Pierre pls. Interview and get the job. Everyone has your support.

Thanks man, I've been in Washignton over the last few days and we'll see if maybe I'll already have another job by then. ;)

"Loyalty"?

If they were friends, he'd be telling Pierre to go after the job.

Not that I really care, though. I just think it's weird.

It's just an excuse if I don't get the job in the end, DTA.

ZeroGravity

Pierre LeBrun on Ryan Miller:

He’s been linked for almost a year to the Anaheim Ducks, perhaps because Miller’s wife, Noureen DeWulf, is a Hollywood actress, so the fit would certainly work from that perspective. But a source told ESPN.com Wednesday that the Ducks have decided to stick with the kids in net, John Gibson and Frederik Andersen, and do not plan on courting Miller. You can also rule out fellow California club San Jose. The word out of there is that the Sharks are going to continue to focus on their mini-rebuild and it’s about youth for them. Adding veterans players is not in the cards in San Jose.

Top Bottom