• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ryan Miller to the Pens! MAF out West to Oilers/Flames!

I could see Miller going for one big push with the Pens, but MAF to the Oilers?! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I also thought Miller should've fit in perfectly with St. Louis' style. They should be on the verge of being another powerhouse team, so for him to go is kinda strange.

Glad that's done with.

Nothing against Miller, but leaving Buffalo obviously had a larger impact on him than expected. He simply does not fit a low shots against team. The statistics were there before he came to St. Louis and he didn't disprove them at St. Louis. Badass lid at least.

Goaltending wasn't our issue last year and it wasn't this year. We need scoring and we need a legit Center to push Schwartz and Tarasenko to their potential.

Elliott has been a trooper and outside of a weird stretch at the beginning of the shortened season, his stats are impressive for his paygrade. He's got a great attitude and work ethic as well. Allen has shown a lot of promise in the AHL and his brief stint in the NHL and plays with a fire that's not unlike Belfour. I'm more than fine with letting them compete for the starting slot.

Was told by a reliable source talks took place with Ryan Miller's camp & the #stlblues on contract but Miller was asking for too much money.

Ducks reveal that Ryan Getzlaf missed Game 4 against Dallas because of a shoulder strain. NOT because of getting a Seguin puck to the face.

Most significant Ducks injury was Matt Beleskey. Torn abdominal muscle. May need surgery to repair it.

Bob Murray got an extension, will be Ducks GM until 2020.

I think it's well deserved even though we got bounced out, our prospects look good for the future. Our scouting team has done a phenomenal job. Tremendous depth now. And to think we were supposed to be in rebuild mode after Scotty retired.

BM got lucky as fuck getting Fowler in the draft with the 12th pick and some trades actually working out like with Bonino and Cogliano.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Glad to see Murray staying for the long haul. I hate the NFL way of thinking with these things, where its "you have 1-2 years to win it all or everyone is out on their ass." He has done a great job so far, let's give him some time to build it his way and see where that gets us.

I mean, just look at our goalie situation alone. The Habs fans are all but throwing in the towel with their starter out, meanwhile we were getting lights-out performances from three different goalies during this post season. Game 7 was the only time we looked actively bad in goal, and that had a lot to do with there being zero defense to begin with in that game.

Cake Boss

Banned
the pieces the Sens are looking for and Nashville is willing to use those chips." The Senators wanted several pieces including a top pairing D-man.

Eklolund pls

Josi pls

Oh man oh man oh man can it be draft day already??

Skab

Really happy about the Miller news. I have no doubts that Elliot and Allen will do well.

Now if we could just get rid of Berglund and Ott..

zroid

Banned
10299604_502456476521627_2035117597_n.jpg

yep

Maybe Anaheim can use Miller before they transition to Gibson future.

Don't really want to pay though. He wants to play in California or what? Only got 3 choices.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Maybe Anaheim can use Miller before they transition to Gibson future.

Don't really want to pay though. He wants to play in California or what? Only got 3 choices.

No fucking way. You guys have Andersen, Hiller AND Gibson who can all be good starters. I'm gonna say trade one of Hiller and Andersen. I'd probably trade Andersen before Hiller because a) Andersen is young and will fetch a better return than Hiller, b) if you keep Andersen you'll run into a Canucks-like goaltender situation where there's no clear Nr. 1 and c) a Veteran goaltender would be a better mentor for Gibson.

Trade Andersen to someone that needs a young goaltender (Edmonton AGAIN :lol, or Pittsburgh, who knows.), have Hiller start the majority of games, but give Gibson like 20-30 games or so, including some important ones, to have him build experience. Then the season after that make Hiller the backup if he's still around or trade him and sign a new backup to Gibson.

FOOTE

Not surprised with what the Blues did with their goalies. I'd love to see them sign a top scorer or trade for one... the later being more likely if that happens at all and I'm not holding my breath over it.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
No fucking way. You guys have Andersen, Hiller AND Gibson who can all be good starters. I'm gonna say trade one of Hiller and Andersen. I'd probably trade Andersen before Hiller because a) Andersen is young and will fetch a better return than Hiller, b) if you keep Andersen you'll run into a Canucks-like goaltender situation where there's no clear Nr. 1 and c) a Veteran goaltender would be a better mentor for Gibson.

Trade Andersen to someone that needs a young goaltender (Edmonton AGAIN :lol, or Pittsburgh, who knows.), have Hiller start the majority of games, but give Gibson like 20-30 games or so, including some important ones, to have him build experience. Then the season after that make Hiller the backup if he's still around or trade him and sign a new backup to Gibson.

Hiller is a UFA.

Either he or Miller are gonna wind up with the Shorks, I bet.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Us signing Hiller would be hilarious but no thanks. Miller wants too much cash.

Miller to the Sharks, Hiller to the Canucks

I wouldn't be mad

Plus I wanna go drinking with Hiller and talk about Switzerland.

Merguson

Banned
Since no one mentioned it, Canucks are expected to name Jim Benning as GM later this week. Trotz a top candidate for the head coach job.

Fei

Didn't Buffalo really, really want Callahan in free agency/the trade at the deadline earlier? As a former Captain who can lead the team through a rebuild?

It seems to me that Callahan will stay in Tampa, and if he does I could see Buffalo making a run for Brown. From my limited viewings - and call me out if I'm wrong - it seems like Brown had a lackluster regular season and has seen a lesser role as the year went on and they got guys like Gaborik. He makes plays that is making his team pay and it seems like a guy like Kopitar or Doughty is ready for the Captaincy. Buffalo and Los Angeles have already made a trade or two in the last year or so, so it seems to me that they are alright trading partners.

The Callahan interest seemed driven by speculation from the fans and sometimes the media, but it fit a logical narrative. The team could use someone like him, and he's a local. I don't believe they were persuing him at the deadline, but I'd expect them to make a solid offer this offseason.

Brown, actually, is also from the area (Ithaca is more central NY, but close enough). As much of a cunt Brown is, he's actually a good player near his prime that the team could build around. He'd certainly be an upgrade over pretty much every forward on the team right now.

Top Bottom