• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Read from bottom to top

xfSoGhW.png

Don't really see the Wings getting him, but who knows anymore.

Zeppeli

Banned
Dreger supporting the idea on Team 1040 that Benning will be "hands on" GM of the Canucks for the remainder of the off-season and right into the draft. Doesn't sound like they'll be a grace period for Boston.

This is going to be interesting.

Also, I think Miller might come to Vancouver now, if anywhere, thanks to Benning.

Read from bottom to top

xfSoGhW.png

FUUUUUU....... Well we have the money but Howie does have a NTC. However we need a top 3 D-man more and a top 6 scoring winger. Howie can be good but he is just too inconsistent, but then again Miller could always just start sucking too.

Samyy

For my Giant Bomb bros, Vinny leaving SF for NY is legitimately a gigantic bummer. I still love Jeff and Brad but Vinny has been the best dude there for a long time. Potentially having less content with him sucks.

Bring in Jeff Green and Garnet Lee
DO it!

Acid08

Banned
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks
Robinson getting new, 3-yr deal w/#SJSharks as assoc coach (not on bench), director of player development. Credit @Dave_Stubbs w/1st report.

PollakOnSharks 4:00pm via Web
Fact that Robinson staying w/#SJSharks not news as GM Wilson said that last week. News is expanded role in player development.

PollakOnSharks 4:47pm via Web Talked with Larry Robinson. New arrangement w/#SJSharks calls for one more year based in SJ w/time on bench as needed . . . . (1/2)

PollakOnSharks 4:48pm via Web
After that, Robinson will be more focused for #SJSharks on WOR development and based in FLA home with travel to SJ as well. (2/2)

Sounds good to me. I do hope he still gets enough time practicing with our defensemen though. Would be cool if Ricci could be transitioned from player development to coaching after this next year. His freakish face could scare the shit out of the other team.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd like to see McGuire get a GM job, I'm legitimately curious as to how he would do. He has all this knowledge and talks like he knows how to perfect team, I'd like to see him put all the information to use.

I'd like to see McGuire get a GM job, I'm legitimately curious as to how he would do. He has all this knowledge and talks like he knows how to perfect team, I'd like to see him put all the information to use.

Same.

And I'd like to see Maclean go in as GM with the Caps. That would be so so so amazing.

"This would be amusing, as long as it's not my team." thought everyone.

If it meant I didn't have to deal with him during broadcasts then Edmonton should really give him a go.

Red_Man

I honestly think he would be complete shit.
I think he would be better than a bunch of GM's employed now. I listen to him quite a bit on the radio weekly, and he has a lot of good things to say and I think he time on the sidelines has only helped him. That said, I still question his prospect analysis, and I don't know how much respect he has from other guys around the league. He often speaks of teams that should be making bold moves, so I'd love to see him get a job for that alone.

pringles

Read from bottom to top

xfSoGhW.png

Trade Howard+Pick/prospect for top 4 d-man, sign Miller, bring up Mrazek and 2 of Ouellet/Backman/Almqvist/Marchenko on the back end and I would like our team a lot more. Vancouver trade for Edler perhaps? They need a goalie.

I think it would work out about as well as it did for Hartford when he coached, but that's just my opinion. He seems knowledgeable, but personality wise, him having to manage players on a day to day basis, I think is a recipe for disaster. The guy is creepy.

That being said, I'd love to see that train wreck.

zroid

Banned
HEEERRRRRRTLLLLLLL

scored within the first few seconds of a 5 minute major. The US could be screwed here...

edit: they scored again a few seconds later. RIP USA. or not lol. that was clearly in but refs waved it off after review. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit2: Czechs scored again...

pringles

Don't see any team taking Howard, wouldn't touch that contract with a 10 foot pole.
It's not a bad contract if you look at other goaltenders around the league. He struggled this season but overall he's been very reliable in his career. I would only want to trade him because we badly need an upgrade on defense and we have Mrazek coming up who will probably end up being better than Howie in a few years.

Red_Man

Peter Mueller got player of the game, which made me go "Wait, Peter Mueller is still playing hockey?" and according to Hockeydb he's playing in a Swiss league now. The more you know.

Canucks don't want Howard. They'll go for a short term vet until Lack is ready to be a fulltime starter.

They might kick the tires on Miller but he'll likely want too much, and they're probably not the right team for him either.

Canucks don't want Howard. They'll go for a short term vet until Lack is ready to be a fulltime starter.

They might kick the tires on Miller but he'll likely want too much, and they're probably not the right team for him either.
Markstrom is waiver eligible. I doubt the Canucks go after another goalie.

Top Bottom