• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Quick

Banned
. @ThePredatorial: Source says to expect an announcement from Barry Trotz on his new job in the next 48 hours.

HEAVY BREATHING. HEAVY BREATHING

giphy.gif

zroid

Banned
Guys on radio were saying Reimer is becoming more likely to be re-signed by the Leafs due to how the goalie situation has been shaking out across the league. Most teams not looking to free agency as much. Still don't know where Miller is going to end up, and Hiller is up in the air too. Isles off the market now.

Not really sure personally, but I could see it. Might be kinda bittersweet for Reims though.

Peg still seems a likely destination anyway

Samyy

Are you implying that any of our current defenceman can? We might as well embrace it and win all our games 9-8

Actually I'm fairly confident they can do a good job - the need to stop using their current swarm defensive system.
Phaneuf has been great the last 3 seasons. I am sure playing 28 minutes a night, over an 82 game season, against the highest quality of competition, with the swarm system that essentially locked the Leafs into their own zone for a majority of the game, had no impact whatsoever on his ability to play down the stretch.

Those guys will get minutes next year. The Leafs think that their prospect pool is a lot better than what the analysts are saying.

So the Marlies are kind of good

I heard an interesting thing about Spott: He's managed to have success with a younger, prospect-filled team. Eakins OTOH was successful with teams that had a lot of AHL veterans.

Samyy

Those guys will get minutes next year. The Leafs think that their prospect pool is a lot better than what the analysts are saying.

I am assuming they will have to force Carlyle to play them then
And I wonder what they do with Holland, if they want to keep Bolland.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I can't wait until some team is getting blown out and plays the entire 3rd period without a goalie.

Not gonna lie, I'd like the Canucks to do that in overtime to avoid a shootout we'll lose anyway.

Too bad the loser point gets taken away if you pull your goalie and get scored, that rule's bullshit. :(

Top Bottom