• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'll get on it.

How's this:

36NBFGp.png

Edit: fixed it up a bit.
You beautiful man.

Red_Man

Didn't see it posted but, Jacques Martin interviewed for the Hurricanes HC job........Enjoy Canes fans. Prepare yourselves for the most boring hockey of your life.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Isles acquired the rights to Dan Boyle from SJ. If he signs, we send them a 4th rounder.

....I'm okay with this.

Dammit, bottom of last page. He may not be great anymore, but we could use a veteran D-Man. I welcome him.

Red_Man

Isles acquired the rights to Dan Boyle from SJ. If he signs, we send them a 4th rounder.

....I'm okay with this.

Dammit, bottom of last page. He may not be great anymore, but we could use a veteran D-Man. I welcome him.
He should be a great mentor for the Isle's kids on the back end anyways. That is if they can get him signed.

Acid08

Banned
He should be a great mentor for the Isle's kids on the back end anyways. That is if they can get him signed.
Actually he isn't much of a mentor. He has said that he's a player, not a teacher. We were fortunate enough to have Rob Blake and then Larry Robinson around to teach the likes of Vlasic, Braun, and Demers.

Quick

Banned

....I'm okay with this.

Good trade, provided he sticks around for at least a year.

He may not look at himself as a teacher, but I'm sure he'd be showing the Isles D a thing or two.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

He may not look at himself as a teacher, but I'm sure he'd be showing the Isles D a thing or two.

Maybe he'll buy a house near the arena for some good "training sessions" for his teammates.

Red_Man

This. You can learn a lot just by being around a guy of his calibre and who's had the career he's had.

Is it me or does it seem like the Isles usually try to acquire a players rights?

Of course if Boyle wants to go to someone who can win because he is older, I doubt he actually signs with them.

Merguson

Banned
Kypreos said that the only players the Leafs aren't actively shopping are Kessel, Rielly, Bernier, and Bozak.

Notice Bozak there instead of JVR. This goddamn team.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kypreos said that the only players the Leafs aren't actively shopping are Kessel, Rielly, Bernier, and Bozak.

Pfft. No way in HELL they take a trade of JvR over Bozak. Not with that juicy contract he's signed.

Red_Man

The fact that they kept Carlyle after Shanahan came seems to imply he's relatively on the same page as Nonis.

So I found out a while ago but forgot to mention it, one of the guys I know at work, his last name is Booth and low and behold, David is his cousin.

Mentok

Banned

I don't believe there's a chance in hell they get an offer for JVR that they'll take. Not saying that other GMs aren't interested, but it would have to take a big deal to move him, don't worry Leafs fans.

I've been reading about how some teams may be interested in Bourque and Markov (that one's more obvious). I wonder which teams are actually considering Bourque?

Acid08

Banned
Man, I wish we package Marleau, Pavs, Mueller and our 1st for JVR, Gardiner, and Kadri.

Leafs get two first/second line centers and a promising D prospect. We get Couture another winger, the left D we desperately need, and our third line center.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah. Players like Gardiner are rare and we desperately need one, overpayment would be necessary. JVR would be perfect on Couture's line, effectively taking Marleau's spot. Kadri would be able to fit in on our third line(a role Pavelski has rarely excelled at).

Mueller and the pick are kind of up in the air. But I think our return for Marleau and Pavelski could be substantial.

JVR-Couture-Nieto
Hertl-Thornton-Who knows
Torres-Kadri-Wingels
Sheppard-Desjardins-M. Brown/Tyler Kennedy(who I'm actually expecting to be traded)

Vlasic-Burns
Gardiner-Braun
Who knows-Demers

Top Bottom