• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

MadSexual

Bylsma being fired makes me nervous. It screams overconfidence. Maybe they are right and we've stagnated, but never missing the playoffs looks pretty nice on a resume.

MadSexual

With that roster and the East sucking as much as it does it'd be beyond embarrassing to miss.

Making the playoffs isn't good enough for the Penguins, especially with the roster they have.
I get the fanbase's frustration, but I didn't know other fans felt that way. Losing the way we did this year was pretty inexcusable however. I understand teams get streaky and NY figured out how to score, but we looked so good for the first four games. The coach has to be accountable for a team's composure. Maybe this is the right thing to do.

Cake Boss

Banned
Supposedly on Sportsnet they said that Pierre was offered the job but they couldn't come to an agreement on term.

GODAMMIT

He probably knows that if he switches to a management role he wont be able to go back to TV if he gets fired or not extended, he just wants some security.

Poor Pierre :(

Quick

Banned
giphy.gif

The nightmare is over TeethMummy!

cube444

Bylsma being fired makes me nervous. It screams overconfidence. Maybe they are right and we've stagnated, but never missing the playoffs looks pretty nice on a resume.

Bylsma was fired the same day as Shero but the Pens wanted two things:

1) Make it seem like the incoming GM was actually calling the shots.

2) Make it seem like Sid wasn't behind the firing of Bylsma.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Brodeur saying he's ready to test free agency, egotistical asshole continues to embarrass himself. Should have retired a couple years ago, and now he's going to embarrass himself even more playing shitty back up to another guy for a year.

Marvie_3

Banned
He probably knows that if he switches to a management role he wont be able to go back to TV if he gets fired or not extended, he just wants some security.

Poor Pierre :(

If Mike Milbury can have a job in broadcasting after the cracker jack job he did in management, Pierre could easily get a TV job again.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Finally some good news for TM!

Islanders have a future now?

TM! TM! TM! TM!

giphy.gif

The nightmare is over TeethMummy!

Free at last TM!

NHL Gaf bros. Great guys. NO ONE DENIES THIS.

Reports of "false alarm" scare me, but I've heard from reliable sources that the deal is set and they're waiting to announce so they dont steal the thunder of the Finals like A-Rod did to the 2007 World Series.

Of course this could also be a huge cocktease and it falls through....

But I cant help but be excited.

BUILDING KICK

terry-crews-old-spice-gif-o.gif

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon said John Madden would remain an assistant coach under new coach; the hire would bring in the other.

DALÉ

Madden is a great guy did a lot of work for our team. Mark me on saying he's going to a great coach in the future. Always very active in practices and drills and has a lot of respect in the locker room.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Brodeur saying he's ready to test free agency, egotistical asshole continues to embarrass himself. Should have retired a couple years ago, and now he's going to embarrass himself even more playing shitty back up to another guy for a year.
Dat sister in law is expensive!

Top Bottom