• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

ShaneB

Great to see that Islanders news. Long suffering franchise deserves some hope and change. Also, tsk tsk at Brodeur. Hang em up man!!!

Mentok

Banned
The only hockey Torts will ever coach again is Junior.

I can just see him motivating them to play better....

tumblr_mmpig9wzEm1r41emlo1_500.gif

Leafs interested in Jumbo Joe: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/06/06/leafs-reportedly-interested-in-joe-thornton

JVR+Gardiner+8th overall for Joe Thornton

And next year's 1st.

edit: Great article on Dirk Hayhurst on the 'unwritten rules' in sports. It's about baseball, but the same stuff applies to hockey. It's a refreshing read, especially if you're like me and tired of hearing about and seeing similar stuff in the NHL.

http://deadspin.com/a-major-league-pitchers-guide-to-baseballs-bullshit-unw-1585433770

Curufinwe

Brodeur saying he's ready to test free agency, egotistical asshole continues to embarrass himself. Should have retired a couple years ago, and now he's going to embarrass himself even more playing shitty back up to another guy for a year.

Test the market for a 40 something goalie with a .900 SV%? What a dummy.

Honestly I wonder what's funnier, the decisions that get made in Toronto or the months and months of agonizing over them before they happen by the fanbase. Independent of all of that it fucking sucks when nothing goes right for your franchise and all jokes aside I feel for Leafs GAF.

Gardiner for McLeod.

8. Bylsma's availability certainly changes things. Gerard Gallant was gaining steam in Florida...does this alter that idea?

14. Panthers GM Dale Tallon wasn't kidding about trading the top pick. After the combine, other clubs were absolutely convinced he's serious. But, what if it is Florida's desire to trade not once, but twice?

15. One exec outlined this great scenario. Let me just say that I don't know if it happens, but it's such a creative idea it deserves mention. The expectation is that Buffalo, with a few good, young defencemen already in place, is taking one of the centres. So, does someone want to leapfrog the Sabres? Or, does someone value another player they are not sure they are going to get? That's the obvious first move for Florida.

16. But, let's say the team moving up still has a high pick. We're probably talking someone from three to five (last month, Tallon said he could see himself dropping to between seven and 10, depending on what his scouts thought). Would Florida move down again, as long its target was still attainable? If the Panthers pull it off, they get their man along with extra haul. "That's the way I'd be looking at it," said the exec who outlined this idea. Anyway, I loved the thought, so why not share?

17. By the way, Florida's guesstimated targets are Nikolaj Ehlers or William Nylander. A skilled winger makes sense with their roster.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...ts-free-agency-doesnt-offer-strong-field.html

Lawd. I'm excited but also completely terrified of the next few weeks.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My Lucic handshake line shirt came in this week, I'm pretty happy with it. Just hoping the letter print doesn't come off after the first couple washes.

zroid

Banned
Bolland's gonna go back to Chicago for sure

His absence was the reason they didn't get back into the cup final, after all
according to Steve Simmons

I caught Edge of Tomorrow in '3D AVX'.

It was really, really good. Must see if you like action flicks. Must own if you like sci-fi.

Top Bottom