• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Quote from Babs on Cleary:

“We believe, if he can get back to playing, he can help us,” Babcock said. “But if he can’t get back to playing, he can’t help us.”

z2Lnrrh.gif

Also rest of the article talking about Alfie and if he will play, pretty much straight class from him on why his decision is taking long... Not sure if he will be able to play a majority of the games but is feeling good. Wish someone else would know when he is/isn't needed anymore... CLEARY!!!

http://www.freep.com/article/20140903/SPORTS05/309030125/detroit-red-wings-daniel-alfredsson

How's NHL gamecenter? I was thinking about subbing to it.
I didn't think it was bad when I've had it. I remember some connection problems during the half lockout season due to the demand but I think it was generally OK otherwise. Only annoying part is blackouts if you don't have cable or such. I get blocked out of like 6 teams being near NYC and then all broadcast games so its annoying at times.

Game Center Live is fine regarding reliability. I didn't have any issues with it when I was using it. But do not get Game Center Live if you live in the same city as your team. If you do, and you actually want to watch games, you'll have to use a VPN/proxy to log into the service. I did this for a few seasons and it worked sometimes and didn't work other times. Completely dependent on the quality of VPN or proxy that you use, and at that point why not just get a damn hockey streams sub?

Been wondering about this too. Are there any special promotions for it or anything?
Special promos? Lolololololol. I think the most I remember is like $5 if ordered during preseason or free NHL vault. That's about it. They'll probably raise the price again.
Game Center Live is fine regarding reliability. I didn't have any issues with it when I was using it. But do not get Game Center Live if you live in the same city as your team. If you do, and you actually want to watch games, you'll have to use a VPN/proxy to log into the service. I did this for a few seasons and it worked sometimes and didn't work other times. Completely dependent on the quality of VPN or proxy that you use, and at that point why not just get a damn hockey streams sub?
Wait, did they change things? All the years I had it, it only does location check when you first load the stream. So you pick a game with proxy on, turn proxy off and then just hit play and it plays perfectly. It'll pause when disconnecting the proxy but you hit play again and it should start and be able to stream normally. Doesn't work for TV blackouts naturally.

Quick

Banned
Been wondering about this too. Are there any special promotions for it or anything?

A good number of people here are using HockeyStreams, and I might jump on board, too.

As for promotions, copies of NHL 15 come with a discount code for $25 off.

All last year I was waiting for it to go to half price during the halfway part of the year.

Never happened.

Then suddenly it started working on XBL without an active subscription.

Chromecast + Hockeystreams is all anyone will ever need.

So what is hockey streams? I'm guessing you can't use it on phones or game systems. I'd love to watch some hockey considering we don't even have cable but I don't think I can find a way to justify over 100 bucks on it.

Syrinx

On one hand I have access to the Hurricanes in my dorm room and at home so I don't really need either. It would just be nice to have when there's no hockey on and/or NBCSN is showing a shitty game (I generally like what NBC has done, but them showing like 20 Sabres games last year doesn't make this decision any easier), so I guess from that standpoint HockeyStreams would be the way to go.

I had Gamecenter the year of the lockout (I think most of us did since it was $50 bucks for the shortened season) and it was pretty good. Starting the game with a proxy on to bypass the blackouts wasn't terrible - unless you wanted to watch the game at night after it was already over. At that point, you'd have to a) start the stream and pause it when the game starts, or b) wait a couple of days for it to go in the archive (it wasn't instant). I don't know if that changed the past couple seasons or not. Hockeystreams allows you to watch it remotely from your comp via Chromecast or something, it is on their website. Hockeystreams will also put games up ASAP to watch, right?

I think I was able to watch nationally broadcasted games by setting my proxy to London or some random country in Africa. I could be wrong about that... or it only worked some of the time

TUSR

Banned
I had Gamecenter the year of the lockout (I think most of us did since it was $50 bucks for the shortened season) and it was pretty good. Starting the game with a proxy on to bypass the blackouts wasn't terrible - unless you wanted to watch the game at night after it was already over. At that point, you'd have to a) start the stream and pause it when the game starts, or b) wait a couple of days for it to go in the archive (it wasn't instant). I don't know if that changed the past couple seasons or not. Hockeystreams allows you to watch it remotely from your comp via Chromecast or something, it is on their website. Hockeystreams will also put games up ASAP to watch, right?

Hockeystreams puts up the VOD right away. I remember going back and watching highlights when we were giffing things.

Socreges

Banned

I think I was able to watch nationally broadcasted games by setting my proxy to London or some random country in Africa. I could be wrong about that... or it only worked some of the time
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

All up in Hockeystreams this year then. Is there a best time to register? ie, cheapest

There needs to be a Soccerstreams for EPL and Liga......

Chris R

Someone who buys NHL 15 and doesn't want their coupon could totally give it to a Gaffer... like me!

Just don't want to risk Hockeystreams shutting down mid-season :(

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
K sent request to join destiny group smiley. Hopefully bungie's site works on launch day lol
My psn should be in the google docs but it's Eldritch_Spectre otherwise if ppl want a fire team member. Or warframe too if ppl play that.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
The only crap teams that garner you any hate to be a fan of in here is the Red Wings and Leafs.

If you're a fan of the Islanders, Canes, Blue Jackets etc, you're adored.

Pretty sure Pens fans have a rough go of things too.

Can't deny it though, fans of hard luck teams like me get extra points for loyalty and toughing it out.

Samyy

I remember being a fan of a crap team. Feels like it was yesterday..

Glad those days are over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will definitely never suck again ever.

-looks at Varlamovs historical save %s-
-looks at save % last year-
-compares across league-

Maybe sooner then you think!

calder

Worth noting that this year GCL in Canada will have far fewer blacked out games for most people. All the nationally televised games (including HNIC) will no longer be blacked out, and if you subscribe to a Snet regional cable package you also get your local games on GCL too depending on your cable provider. Not including the teams that have a local TSN deal, presumably.

Does anyone know why TSN split up it's remaining NHL properties between the three new channels? Just for easy scheduling? To make the bundling look less objectionable to the BDU's? Even jammed full of golf and tennis right now those are five sad, empty channels right now. I ca t imagine how hard they'll be pushing the raptors this winter damn.

malfcn

my league starts tonight

im so out of shape from not playing much last season, im gonna throw up after the second period i bet

How did it go? Mine starts Sunday..my legs are going to be shot after a few butterfly and recoveries.

TUSR

Banned
How did it go? Mine starts Sunday..my legs are going to be shot after a few butterfly and recoveries.

I only played once last season, so I essentially didn't play since May 2013... Was really weak on my skates, missing a lot of stability from muscles that don't get used in everyday life.

Im sore as heck today, have another game Friday and Tuesday, they really ramped up how many games we get this season. Ill probably be playing around 30-40 games depending on how we do in the Playoffs.

Top Bottom