• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I assume sportsnet east games will be blacked out for me in the west. Trying to decide what will be the best way to watch the Habs.

Speaking of Don Quick, I did my best today boys.

I was on the bus to class and I sit down next to these four big unassuming guys with beards and goofy clothing. Soon enough, I hear their ugly Russkie voices start pouring out with their communist manifesto. I couldn't believe my ears. Not only was nobody else on the bus doing anything about it, like trying to stop this red scare or anything, but I seemed to be the only one actually appalled by their actions. I could see their hands - they were not washed recently at all. How do you go to the bathroom without washing your hands?

So I did what every warm blooded hockey fan should do. I took out four things and handed one to each one of them.

First, to the guy with goofy shades and a backwards hat, I gave a signed picture of Don Cherry with the words "Euros suck" written on the back.

Second, to the guy wearing a heavy sweatshirt + jacket combo in 80 degree heat, I gave an advanced copy of Mr. Hockey by Gordie Howe that was signed by both Mr. Howe and Jean Beliveau

Third, I gave the guy wearing a track suit a picture of Pierre McGuirre and Sidney Crosby with a sticky note saying "Pierre doesn't like baka gaijins" <3 xoxoxo

And finally, to the last guy, who was wearing this ugly Dominos Pizza shirt and cargo shorts, I gave a jersey of Detroit Red Wings superstar and real Canadian hero Dan Cleary. Signed, of course, by nobody.

It took about five minutes for the four of them to realize what I had just done, and immediately they broke down in tears. There wasn't even a bathroom stall to run from - they just demanded the bus driver pull over so they can hop out.

I did my best, NHL gaf.

Quick

Banned
Speaking of Don Quick, I did my best today boys.

I was on the bus to class and I sit down next to these four big unassuming guys with beards and goofy clothing. Soon enough, I hear their ugly Russkie voices start pouring out with their communist manifesto. I couldn't believe my ears. Not only was nobody else on the bus doing anything about it, like trying to stop this red scare or anything, but I seemed to be the only one actually appalled by their actions. I could see their hands - they were not washed recently at all. How do you go to the bathroom without washing your hands?

So I did what every warm blooded hockey fan should do. I took out four things and handed one to each one of them.

First, to the guy with goofy shades and a backwards hat, I gave a signed picture of Don Cherry with the words "Euros suck" written on the back.

Second, to the guy wearing a heavy sweatshirt + jacket combo in 80 degree heat, I gave an advanced copy of Mr. Hockey by Gordie Howe that was signed by both Mr. Howe and Jean Beliveau

Third, I gave the guy wearing a track suit a picture of Pierre McGuirre and Sidney Crosby with a sticky note saying "Pierre doesn't like baka gaijins" <3 xoxoxo

And finally, to the last guy, who was wearing this ugly Dominos Pizza shirt and cargo shorts, I gave a jersey of Detroit Red Wings superstar and real Canadian hero Dan Cleary. Signed, of course, by nobody.

It took about five minutes for the four of them to realize what I had just done, and immediately they broke down in tears. There wasn't even a bathroom stall to run from - they just demanded the bus driver pull over so they can hop out.

I did my best, NHL gaf.

GOD LOVE YA, FUBER

doncherry_471.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
:lol

I haven't seen much of Andrighetto, I'm looking for Hudon to have a strong camp, hopefully he can stay healthy.
Andrighetto put up some really good numbers on an awful Bulldogs team, seems to be a Gallagher type of player. I love Hudon, but I feel like he's too injury prone to make it =/. They moved him to center as well which we already have too many of.

Red_Man

I got a new smart tv to replace my old beater and I'm playing the NHL 15 demo and man the players jerseys look like shit from a distance. Names on them look like garbage, EA can't even do the presentation right.

Isn't hockeystreams basically pirated NHL streams? It continues to amaze me that it hasn't been shut down after all these years.
Basically. That's what the NHL gets for having terrible packages with blackouts.

So Ottawa Sun published a story saying Crosby was arrested in Ottawa. The chief of police quickly denied it happened. Turns out Crosby is actually in Vail, Colorado(sorry, conspiracy theorists).

Crosby to Avs confirmed.
Crosby smoking weed confirmed.

I know he trains here every summer.

ShaneB

Isn't hockeystreams basically pirated NHL streams? It continues to amaze me that it hasn't been shut down after all these years.

Pretty much. As long as it sticks around I'll pay for a 6 month package after new years, but I am expecting to see it shut down some day. I hoped they would have some Football package since Gamepass can be pretty expensive.

Chris R

So I have a question. Anyone know of a good place to buy a pair of skates online? Amazon has shit for selection and the only place locally I could think of that would have skates would be Sports Authority...

Looking to grab a pair before the snow falls so I can skate some this winter.

So I have a question. Anyone know of a good place to buy a pair of skates online? Amazon has shit for selection and the only place locally I could think of that would have skates would be Sports Authority...

Looking to grab a pair before the snow falls so I can skate some this winter.
Pretty much any hockey site. Total hockey, hockey monkey, etc. They're all the same price unless you want a certain pair of clearance skates from when I've looked.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
PS4 seems like the primary place we are going. Anyone can join the klan I believe?

Anyone can join the clan under the same banner, no matter what console they're on. So yes, join the winning not-crazy-gaf-clan!

Cake Boss

Banned
Landed in Jamaica for first time.

Soon many Kaves, they all look the same *shrugs* *meow*

All inclusive. Including drinks... *dead*

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So I take it I have to reset my clan status? Or it's disabled till launch or whatever? I'll apply to the group tonight then. Wonder if it'll be different than beta. Seemed kind of silly to be so limited but then I don't get half the design decisions bungie did for destiny. I just hope there'll be enough content to last till bloodborne and Witcher 3. Have a feeling we'll get dlc out the ass though.

Smiley90

So I take it I have to reset my clan status? Or it's disabled till launch or whatever? I'll apply to the group tonight then. Wonder if it'll be different than beta. Seemed kind of silly to be so limited but then I don't get half the design decisions bungie did for destiny. I just hope there'll be enough content to last till bloodborne and Witcher 3. Have a feeling we'll get dlc out the ass though.

clan settings and all that is disabled until launch. I can't even set a clan tag for our group lol

Smiley90

I can still join the group though right? Just have to log in and as clan at launch no?

yep you can still join the group and even after launch you can be in as many as you want. You just have to set your primary/displayed clan either on the website, on the app or ingame after launch.

Red_Man

Wait, did they actually remove blackouts with that price hike? Cause the FAQ says they're still doing blackouts.
At least in Canada they only remove blackouts if you have GCL AND Sportsnet which is pretty redundant.

That's more than I expected. I don't watch the Bruins as much as I should though.

Is he worth it?
Worth the money, one of the most underrated players in the league. That term is going to look ugly in a few years though.

Tabris

guys dont fall for it

I was being serious. Within the last 4 seasons (ignoring the garbage asterik'd half season), he was the top centre twice statistically. Within that period, he led his team to a Stanley Cup Game 7. Can you say the same thing about a lot of those other people above him?

He will be back to that form with Radim Vbrata scoring 30+ goals this season.

Acid08

Banned
I was being serious. Within the last 4 seasons (ignoring the garbage asterik'd half season), he was the top centre twice statistically. Within that period, he led his team to a Stanley Cup Game 7. Can you say the same thing about a lot of those other people above him?

He will be back to that form with Radim Vbrata scoring 30+ goals this season.
Vbrata

Top Bottom