• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Quick

Banned
Saltwater does not cure dehydration.

giphy.gif

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Wow sounds like a shit teacher. Also how the hell is selling a textbook you wrote and that has no return value not a conflict of interest? I love my Chem teacher. She gives out course notes and lab manuals for free lol Now I just need a lab coat and a hard cover notebook.

Quick

Banned
Wow sounds like a shit teacher. Also how the hell is selling a textbook you wrote and that has no return value not a conflict of interest? I love my Chem teacher. She gives out course notes and lab manuals for free lol Now I just need a lab coat and a hard cover notebook.

One of my profs did this. Her book did have resale value, though.

Her book looked like it was mass produced and distributed at large.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
damn...

Real talk I feel like my professor gets weird around me. It's her first class and she's like 27. She seriously gets weird. When she talks to me she stutters and some of the girls in my class say she looks at my crotch when I am presenting.

Just write her a note like:

Do you like me?

Yes[] No[]

Then have one of the other girls in class pass it to her.

Chris R

Holy shit, I'd probably transfer colleges if I had to deal with that bullshit on a daily basis.

Make sure you show up in a jersey next class session.

I know so many of you guys make fun of OT for their false equivelancies and all that bullshit, but I had a real mind bender today in class.

Anthropology teacher was talking about cockfighting in Bali or Brazil or something and then goes off on this 15 minute rant about how organized sports are created to oppress women and people who choose one team and root for them are basically as bad as cartels forcing people to become drug mules. About 10 minutes into it, she starts looking around the room and sees me wearing a Wild hat and directly calls me out in front of 40-50 people and asked me why I support such an atrocious institutionalized thing like this team.

I mean, she has a point, they employ Matt Cooke... :p

Just saw the news. I couldn't be happier! Now we just need to keep Matt Cooke away from his knees.

Another Av fan? Awesome, welcome to NHL Gaf!

Glad Barrie is signed, 2 million and 3.2 million the next two years, pretty good after Edmonton caved to Justin Schultz.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
What the hell?

I guess you can't call someone a fool for wanting a bad product.

Of course, calling people far worse things for disagreeing with polarizing figures who criticize games for a living is a-okay. Bashing conservatives too, be as cruel as you want, all good.

But disrespect EA? Banned.

zroid

Banned
I guess you can't call someone a fool for wanting a bad product.

Of course, calling people far worse things for disagreeing with polarizing figures who criticize games for a living is a-okay. Bashing conservatives too, be as cruel as you want, all good.

But disrespect EA? Banned.

You are a damn fool!

pls don't ban me

Samyy

Confirmed with Bestbuy that cancelling my pre-order for NHL 15 would revert all the games in the order back to their original price.

Goddamnit...

Quick

Banned
Confirmed with Bestbuy that cancelling my pre-order for NHL 15 would revert all the games in the order back to their original price.

Goddamnit...

Would returning it after picking it up also revert the games back to their original price?

zroid

Banned
Speaking of The Sims, is the recent Sim City game considered good now? I remember hearing it got updated in some ways like they removed the always online component, but do people actually like the game now overall?

Been pining for some Sim City a bit... might just retreat to SC4 but if the new one is "fixed"...

Would returning it after picking it up also revert the games back to their original price?

nope, you can safely return anything that gets shipped without worrying about the others (I do it all the time)

Quick

Banned
Speaking of The Sims, is the recent Sim City game considered good now? I remember hearing it got updated in some ways like they removed the always online component, but do people actually like the game now overall?

Been pining for some Sim City a bit... might just retreat to SC4 but if the new one is "fixed"...

I dropped SimCity after either an hour or a day playing it, and I got it day 1. It was just all-around frustrating.

I want to build big cities, but I'm stuck with small area sizes. I jumped back to SimCity 4.

Couldn't you just sell it on Amazon?

Canadian Amazon doesn't have that service. Not sure if we can sell on the American site, though.

I played Sim City some after all the big changes came and yeah, I guess they fixed some things that needed it, but honestly the issue that remains (and will always with this version) is that the city sizes are abysmal. You still have to have multiple cities to have any real ability to build one functional city. The expansion also fixed some of the traffic issues but it's still a problem with really dense cities.

Basically if the idea of being forced to run multiple cities in order to really get anywhere doesn't turn you off, go for it. I think the game is still fun but it definitely has problems still.

zroid

Banned
Too bad about the city sizes :\

I remember that seeming like a big problem when I watched GiantBomb's Quick Look, way back when.

Top Bottom