• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Hey cool, I'm not banned. You whitey vanilla crackers are alright sometimes.

So, wtf is #gamergate?

A bunch of fucking 4chan manbabies looking for a reason to fight for "gaming journalism integrity" (oxymoron of the century) when really they just hate women.

It's pathetic.

Smfh. People these days.

That's proper mental.

Props on wearing a Wild hat out in the Wild. If I saw you, I'd give a firm head nod. But then again, I head nod to anyone I see out in public wearing hockey merch.

Except LA Kings gear.

Saltwater does not cure dehydration.

DubbBBBBED

Quick

Banned
I was walking along Manhattan last year wearing a Blue Jays shirt and hat, and a guy wearing Orioles stuff gave me a firm pat on the arm and a loud "Yeah buddy!"

I'd do the same for anyone wearing hockey gear if I decide to become a fratboy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I was walking along Manhattan last year wearing a Blue Jays shirt and hat, and a guy wearing Orioles stuff gave me a firm pat on the arm and a loud "Yeah buddy!"

I'd do the same for anyone wearing hockey gear if I decide to become a fratboy.
I've had drunk guys get up in my face because I was wearing a Habs hat. Could be worse.

tumblr_ll7tj1fN4w1qjfad9o1_400.gif

You are an old Crazed Man and a fool!

I thought I was a Crazed Man :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Be a GM has no live draft and no build your AI (making the mode useless)
Be a Pro has no simming between shifts (making the mode useless)
All other modes aren't in the game.

Fucking looooooooooooooooool.

Man imagine 2k announced a new NHL right about now :(

BjtI9xv.png

BjtI9xv.png

If it's in the game, it's in the game(but we we will take it out later at some point)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

BjtI9xv.png

What the fuck.

I should add that it's a Halak shirt.

That's actually a good way to piss off some Habs fans.

Marvie_3

Banned
To answer your question for real, they basically tweaked the controls/rules/graphics in an attempt to get the game to play like NHL 94, but it's not fun like NHL 94, it's just awful.

What they should have done, is just included NHL 94 on the disc but update the teams/rosters/etc with current players. That would have made more sense.

zroid

Banned
That's kind of what I had in mind when I saw the feature listed. Might have bought NHL 14 for real if that were the case...

Ugh. Imagine if Dastardly had called a black person a whitey vanilla cracker

WHERE IS THE OUTRAAAAGE

Soc can you PLEASE just go 5 minutes without being a flaming racistholic? Just chill out and listen to some Dave Matthews Band and have a Pumpkin Spice Latte or something. Sheesh.

*does 'black people drive like this/white people drive like this' hand motion*

BjtI9xv.png
Wait, it seriously doesn't Sim shifts in be a pro? That can't be true.

Red_Man

Yea, but we have floppy jerseys and unrealistic 12 player collision systems now!

I was about 90% committed to buying 15 because I need my hockey fix, but I'm going to hold off for at least a week now and see what the backlash is like. What they've done is a joke, and Destiny is out anyways so I can occupy myself with that for some time.

Erdrick

To answer your question for real, they basically tweaked the controls/rules/graphics in an attempt to get the game to play like NHL 94, but it's not fun like NHL 94, it's just awful.

What they should have done, is just included NHL 94 on the disc but update the teams/rosters/etc with current players. That would have made more sense.

That's what I thought it was, the Genesis version of 94 with current teams and rosters +Fighting, when it was announced, Still irks me that they removed fighting in 94, the only flaw in the game for me. After playing NHLPA 93 with the Jets with basically NO enforcers (Shawn Cronin, non-withstanding) I was so pumped to be able to play with lines that included Tie Domi, Kris King and others, who could actually crush people in fights.

Such a letdown. Ah well, I still play 94 when I go to my brother's place, he uses the Jets, and I use the Wings. Kind of morbid that a chunk of the Wings lines are either dead or incapacitated in some way...

I'm still going to get NHL 15, regardless, as I basically just play it when I have some friends over, use only the 94 control scheme, and don't bother with the other features. I love that they update rosters as the season goes. Much improved over the old versions, in that regard.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Well we're at 16, but we need even # of teams to draft, we we would need another person if we added you, not sure if there is interest.

Anyone else want to play GAF Fantasy hockey?

We had enough for two full leagues last year, I can't imagine we'd have trouble wrangling up another four players this year.

Red_Man

We had enough for two full leagues last year, I can't imagine we'd have trouble wrangling up another four players this year.
You can have my spot in the league if I can figure out how to back out.

How in the fuck did anyone think that was a good idea? I won't even get it on sale at this rate.

Don't worry, I'm sure 3 or 4 of those features will get phased in each year until it's as feature rich as NHL14. Then PS5/XB2(?) will get released and we'll be back to a barren wasteland. Rinse and repeat.

Socreges

Banned
Soc can you PLEASE just go 5 minutes without being a flaming racistholic? Just chill out and listen to some Dave Matthews Band and have a Pumpkin Spice Latte or something. Sheesh.

*does 'black people drive like this/white people drive like this' hand motion*
A local brewery is coming out with a Pumpkin Spice Latte beer.......... I find that exciting >_>

Revenant

A local brewery is coming out with a Pumpkin Spice Latte beer.......... I find that exciting >_>

I love that it's about that time of year where pumpkin gets injected into everything, like my veins for instance.

so do we have a list of xbox one/ps4 destiny players list? I want it.....but i have no idea what console to get it for.

Samyy

Actually I think there is 1 other interested person.

Cake Boss do you still want to play? I sent you an invite and you never responded but if we expand to 18 teams there is another spot for you.

Revenant

oh and this gamergate thing seems real fucking stupid. Honestly, we like to trash gaming side like the cool kids smoking under the bleachers that we are, but the past 2-3 weeks have honestly made me physically ill on occasion. Just burn it down, start it all over.

Socreges

Banned
oh and this gamergate thing seems real fucking stupid. Honestly, we like to trash gaming side like the cool kids smoking under the bleachers that we are, but the past 2-3 weeks have honestly made me physically ill on occasion. Just burn it down, start it all over.
Gamergate?

Top Bottom